What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
I was thinking the same but I did not want to be the crazy one who looks for "things that are not there" bc of the lack of major updates.

I don't believe either that it's for the queue. So I guess it's for a small track ride. The duo concept of Klugheim with Taron & Raik was a big success so from a marketing technical perspective why wouldn't they do the same now?

Unless the elevation in Fantasy (Wuze Tall), where the box is standing, will serve as the 2nd attraction for little children or families.

However with the lack of space they got, they have to build many things at a small place so why "wasting" space at 1 of the last areas in the park they have to build on. I just can't believe this whole area is "just" for a hotel and 1 attraction/coaster which would only attract a small audience...

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
However with the lack of space they got, they have to build many things at a small place so why "wasting" space at 1 of the last areas in the park they have to build on. I just can't believe this whole area is "just" for a hotel and 1 attraction/coaster which would only attract a small audience...
Deep in Africa? ;)

But not denying there could be something else, but it could also be walkways for employees, or other supply routes :)

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
Deep in Africa? ;)

But not denying there could be something else, but it could also be walkways for employees, or other supply routes :)

I think Phantasialand would agree with me that Deep in Africa was the biggest mistake regarding the incomplete use of the entire surface. Their could have been another ride in there... Well, they still could, they're Phantasialand... They could squeeze a kiddy ride in there if they would. Don't ask me where, that's something they should figure out. :p

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
I think Phantasialand would agree with me that Deep in Africa was the biggest mistake regarding the incomplete use of the entire surface. Their could have been another ride in there... Well, they still could, they're Phantasialand... They could squeeze a kiddy ride in there if they would. Don't ask me where, that's something they should figure out. :p

I was about to say, Deep in Africa is in the very unfortunate situation, that it has nothing to offer for people who don't ride intense roller coasters or stay in the hotel. If it was for my girlfriend for example, there wouldn't be a single reason for her to ever come to this theme area, since she doesn't ride Black Mamba (insert dirty pun here) and also doesn't like staying in hotels. And the parks path network doesn't even require you to walk through this area (something Chiapas has done way better, with the combination of plaza and pass-by-bridge), since it's basically only a shortcut to the back half of Berlin which in itself is not really a place most guests head towards intentionally.

Since Rookburgh is likely to be integrated into Berlin, I'm hoping that the area will be made interesting enough for guests who don't ride F.L.Y. with the use of live-actors in spectacular costumes, and great dining-options.

Klugheim was supposed to have live-actors in some early concept, but that never materialized. Also, despite being very beautiful, the village-area is sort of crammed and has more of an "small corner of the village" feel to it, but Taron is so spectacularly set in scene, that it sort of doesn't matter (again, thanks to the brilliant placement of the pass-by bridge). But if Rookburgh will end up completely enclosed, they certainly will have to put in more effort than just the rollercoaster, if the park wants this theme area to be for every type of guest.

PhantaDad2017

Roller Poster
Conspiracy theories about coasters undergoing construction are what keep me going these days.

Talking about conspiracy theories: did you notice the symbol above the Rookburgh gate between Maus au Chocolat and guest service in Berlin? It looks like the freemasonic square-and-compass symbol, but also resembles pliers and nails. Charles Lindbergh was a freemason. Rookburgh might also receive a slight conspiracy theming.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Talking about conspiracy theories: did you notice the symbol above the Rookburgh gate between Maus au Chocolat and guest service in Berlin? It looks like the freemasonic square-and-compass symbol, but also resembles pliers and nails. Charles Lindbergh was a freemason. Rookburgh might also receive a slight conspiracy theming.
Hmm not sure about this tbh. You could be correct that the logo is related in some way to Charles Lindbergh, but I think "conspiracy theories" is a bit of an inappropriate theme for a theme park, especially Phantasialand.

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, sorry but no. Also, the freemasonry is a fraternity - it ain't their fault that people with too much time on their hands decide to throw conspiracy theories about a New World Order their way. Phantasialand will NOT go down that route.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Yeah, sorry but no. Also, the freemasonry is a fraternity - it ain't their fault that people with too much time on their hands decide to throw conspiracy theories about a New World Order their way. Phantasialand will NOT go down that route.
A fraternity that does a lot for charity, is no longer secretive or hidden and even holds open days at their lodges for gp to go inside and see what it’s all about. Yet still the conspiracy nuts continue.

But hey, it’s not 50 years since we went to the moon, Elvis isn’t dead, 9/11 was an inside job and the Earth is flat.

Marcus

Roller Poster
Fly is taking it's time but whenever it's ready I'm sure it will be a fantastic experience. I'm planning road trip in September that includes Phantasialand, Efteling, Toverland and Walibi Holland I've heard it said on here before about there being websites that offer discounted tickets for phantasialand, does anyone know any that are currently occuring for any of the parks I'm visiting during September?

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
Dagtickets.be offers discounted tickets for phantasialand & Toverland. Socialdeal.nl offers much cheaper tickets for Phantasialand only. ☺

Last edited:

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Fly is taking it's time but whenever it's ready I'm sure it will be a fantastic experience. I'm planning road trip in September that includes Phantasialand, Efteling, Toverland and Walibi Holland I've heard it said on here before about there being websites that offer discounted tickets for phantasialand, does anyone know any that are currently occuring for any of the parks I'm visiting during September?
We just did that trip, but added Movie park onto the end too... Hull to Rotterdam overnight ferry... Efteling... Walabi... Toverland... 2 days at Phantasialand... Last day at Movie Park until 3:30pm then back to Rotterdam for the night ferry back to Hull...

Worked really well as an itinerary and kept our costs down due to no car hire, took our own and the fact that accommodation for 2 park days was actually also our mode of transport.

What are your plans?

My tip, if you’re planning to stop multiple nights for the ERT at PL, would be to look at a PL annual pass. hotel discount pays for it alone. Then you get entry to the park, entry to Efteling, and a 20% discount to Toverland.

Marcus

Roller Poster
Thank you for all the advice. We plan to do something like this:

Day 1: drive out across the channel/ spend a day in Bruges
Day 2: Efteling
Day 3: Efteling again
Day 4: Cologne
Day 5: Phantasialand
Day 6: Toverland
Day 7: Amsterdam
Day 8: Amsterdam again
Day 9: Walibi Holland
Day 10: hook of Holland/ return ferry to Harwich

Except for Walibi Holland I have done all the parks before however my other half has not. Had to keep the trip a bit balanced and add a touch of culture as although she enjoys parks she is not an enthusiast (although maybe this trip might make her into one... Here's for hoping!

Would of loved a second day at phantasialand but due to the length of the trip I couldn't quite justify it, nor days at any of the other parks scattered around this area! Although in phantasialands situation we are staying on sit so I hope ERT on Taron might make up for it a little!! Last time visiting these parks in 2016 I had jumped the gun with booking and missed Tarons opening by a few weeks so it will be great to finally get on it, and who doesn't want to ride Untamed!?

Finally I felt Efteling due to its size, my enjoyment of the place and my one day experience of it before made it a priority out of the trip to give it two days. Look forward to letting you know how we get on!

roff

Roller Poster
Thanks for the great image, @Gehirnfurz!

You can clearly see that Hotel construction has started, with the first rooms already in place.
Seems like the one on the right already has 2 full floors.
(Images removed by admin on request of Phantasialand)

Last edited by a moderator: