Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Seems like Phantasialand are replacing their Log Flumes with... Log Flume :O

Phantasialand-Chiapas-Neuheit-2013-6.jpg

Phantasialand-Chiapas-Neuheit-2013-1.jpg

Phantasialand-Chiapas-Neuheit-2013-3.jpg

Phantasialand-Chiapas-Neuheit-2013-5.jpg

Phantasialand-Chiapas-Neuheit-2013-10.jpg

Actually, it might well be more than a normal Log Flume, but it looks well themed from that model, and might well mean more rocks going back to Colorado Adventure...

peep

CF Legend
Re: Phantasialand 2013 - Water Ride

Where's the log flume? :p

Lots of epic theming by the looks of it. Is it me or does this look like it'll have a lift like River Quest? I can't quite tell but is that a very steep drop into a bunny hill? Can't quite tell, I'll need to zoom in and have a closer look later on.

Ethan

Strata Poster

So... is it like Ripsaw Falls? With the bunny hops...

Lofty

CF Legend

That seriously looks incredible. The theming is amazing.

Even if it's just a flume ride, it's still going to be great.

peep

CF Legend

Even more pics and info can be found on the following forum. They also have pics of the construction site.

LINK

Brett7710

Mega Poster

Wow, that looks awesome, I wonder how big the drop is because it looks pretty huge going right down under the bridge then into the airtime hump on the other side.

peep

CF Legend

The construction of this baffles me so much. You know when you normally look at construction sites you can kinda tell whats what, with this I just can't tell what's going on at all. I kinda love that, so much mystery with all the details of the attraction.

peep

CF Legend

Sorry for the double post but there be more development on site. Where we've already seen some 'track' go in they've now added a tall metal frame. This construction site is soon going to look like one very complicated puzzle.

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Source: http://www.phantastische-fans.com

Apparently a site team for Universal Rocks have been spotted. They're quite well known in the industry for creating epic rock landscapes and have worked for Europa and Disney.

Also, something that hasn't been mentioned yet, the queue for Talocan is now via the exit or something, construction now blocks the normal entrance for the attraction and looking back at the pics of the model seem to suggest several new pathways over to Talocan.

peep

CF Legend
Re: Phantasialand | Chiapas?| "Water Ride"

It would appear that I'm the only one interested in this attraction. Construction seems to be moving along even quicker now. A GoPro has also been placed on to the side of a building, I assume to either take webcam footage or so they can put together a time-lapse of construction.

The show that was in the little building next to the construction site has now closed, sounds like the building will be torn down to make more room for the new attraction.

Rock work has already started near the walkway over the station.

People seem to be speculating about the actual layout and what's going on, sounds like we could be seeing a turntable or lift in this metal structure that is going up.

Some pics:

index.php

index.php

Phantasialand%2520-%252009.10.2012%2520008.JPG

index.php

index.php

index.php

Source: http://www.phantastische-fans.com

Mark

Strata Poster

No no, I am interested too Peep. I just didn't really have much to say besides wahoo. I adore Phantasialand and I love the level of effort they go to with the theming, even on the more 'run-of-the-mill' type attractions. They always managed to make it so much more. I am sure this is going to be far more than any old log flume and I look forward to seeing how this ends up.

Thanks for keep posting photo updates.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

I'm interested to! Really appreciate the updates, and keep them coming :D

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

I'm interested as well. It's definitely a park I want to visit but for now I don't know if I can. I hear the park has a great track record with water rides and their rapids ride looks great. I just don't know when I'll be able to get to the park

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster

I can't wait for this ride. I love log flumes and this one looks like it could be one of the best. There is a good chance i will be going back to Phantasialand as it is one of my favourite parks and this ride might just tip the balance and make it my favourite.

peep

CF Legend

Lots of progress since I last updated this topic. Construction is really picking up and it's making me more excited.

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

New info:

Type | Log Flume Ride
Guest number | 5
Drops | Total 3 - including a reverse drop
Ride time | about 6 minutes
Features | In this version unique Camelback in Europe and the world's steepest descent at this guy with an inclination of 53 °

All info and pics via Phantastische-fans

peep

CF Legend

I find it really hard to understand what it's actually going to do, like, I see bits of track but it all seems really close and in odd positions. Does make me more excited though because it's going to have the element of 'wtf is it going to do next?' like River Quest.

Also, it's going to have a camelback - cred? ;)

Lofty

CF Legend

The tracks that are are odd angles and close will more than likely be joined by some kind of turnaround for the forward/backwards transitions. I agree about it maybe being another Wtf? type water ride, which is only good thing. Ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.