What's new

Paultons Park - Cobra & Edge have no planning permission

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Christ, I forgot all about this topic (despite posting in it very early this morning!) until I just read it now.

That's brilliant news. Common sense prevails!

There shouldn't be any problems with them getting T'edge sorted out now. The only drawback is that they'll probably find stronger NIMBY opposition next time they want to build a major attraction.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Even if they fail to win the next bit, relocating Edge will be cake compared to having to move both rides.

Nice to hear good news out of the UK for a change.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Randomly I was thinking about this the other day, and how its been quite for a while. But good news at last!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
HELP SAVE THE EDGE!

http://www.paultonspark.co.uk/2009/info ... eedge.html

As you know, Cobra is safe but Edge isn't.

Edge has been a brilliant addition to the park and is great accompaniment to Cobra and that area of the park in general.

I know that a load of us rode it last year at the Live so I'm kindly asking if you've had a good time and laughter at the park, please support the campaign to save the ride.

Even if the ride isn't your cup of tea, dismantling or movin the ride could potentially delay future investment and progression with the park.

I'm pretty sure that 5 years ago very few of you would have heard of Paultons. That to me shows how well the park has developed to be enjoyed by families and enthusiasts alike.

Please find a a bit of time in the next week or so to visit http://www.paultonspark.co.uk/2009/info ... eedge.html and add your voice to the campaign. IMO, it's no different to the Ropers at Alton Towers and we know how much that disgusted us a few years ago.

Even if you don't live locally (unlike me!) you may have travelled to Paultons from afar, that proves how important it is to the UK's tourist industry and local econmony.

Please help support Edge, Paultons and independent parks.

http://www.paultonspark.co.uk/2009/info ... eedge.html

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Actually it turns out that if the planning permission isn't given, they only have to move Edge 200 meters left. :razz:

So Edge will not totally disappear, but it still is silly to deny permission over the sake of such a small amount of space.

Dave

CF Legend
Also apparent 'noise' when you can't hear a thing, the motorway is more noisy then the park...

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
And an even further kicker, if Paultons is force to move Edge, they'll be moving it closer to neighboring residences!

They would then promptly complain that Edge makes too much noise and call for its real dismantling. :razz:

Ollie

CF Legend
I got a letter in the post this morning from the New Forest basically confirming they'd received my letter and my comments will be placed on the file which is available for public inspection.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I sent my letter in ages ago (before the 24th Feb deadline) and have had a look on the NFNPA's web site regarding the outcome.

No news on the outcome yet, but the website does say:
10/94874 (Paultons Park) - The consultation period for this application has now closed. Due to the significant interest in this application we will not be sending out copies of the Decision. Please continue to look at the website for up-to-date information on the progress of this application.

So a "significant interest", that'll be why I didn't get a letter back like Ollie did.

Hopefully the "significant interest" was to retain the Edge where it is.

http://www.newforestnpa.gov.uk/index/pl ... ations.htm

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Those still interested in this, the NFNPA have this to say:

This application will be heard at the Planning Committee being held on Tuesday 16th March 2010 at 9.30, South Efford House, Milford Road, Everton, Lymington, SO41 0JD. The Officer recommendation is for approval.

I'm assuming that means "approval for the ride to remain where it is."

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yes, Edge will be open this season but the case is about moving the ride.

If they have to move the ride (at a great expense) then it will have to be closed as they do so.

Ollie

CF Legend
On the Official Paultons Park Facebook page they've written.
We are pleased to be able to announce that the New Forest National Park Authority have today granted us permission to retain our popular Edge ride in its current location. Many thanks to each and everyone of you who supported the Park through this application.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm glad that my two-page letter rant helped!