What's new

Parque Warner Madrid | Gotham City Escape | Intamin Launch Coaster | 2023

Sandman

Giga Poster
I really hope they fill out a lot of that empty space between the coaster. Perhaps more set pieces rather than just foliage?
I have every confidence it'll look fab when it's finished though. PWM may not be a top tier park for me, but it's definitely a nice looking park.

Sandman

Giga Poster
That trim is an absolute bugger ain't it.

The layout looks great, but it just sucks all the potential away in terms of fab pacing.

Sure, there seems to be the odd snappy transition, but other than that it looks a bit ponderous and hangtime orientated, which is a bit of a shame imo.

I'll still give it the benefit of the doubt obviously.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
This is a really different beast to the likes of Toutatis, Taron and Taiga. It's not a 'throw you about' machine, it's a lot more graceful and elegant. And it seems to tick that box incredibly well.

Will it be as highly rated as some hoped for during construction? Probably not. Will it do what it sets out to do incredibly well? Probably.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Hate to say it but the wave turn before the third launch is pathetic at those speeds. Looking forward to (hopefully) ride this next month but I'm far less excited than I was before testing began tbh.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Have a feeling the straight airtime hill after the top hat will be the only genuinely good bit of this ride... sadly.

JFranks

Mega Poster
the outward banked dive loop and the pop of ejector after also look very promising. The stall, while maybe not the same as others, will be interesting to try with those restraints and the hang time. And I have seen tests where the ride goes over the top hat way faster than that... I hope we ever get to experience that. But I can understand why it could be a disappointment for many people. I suppose the park didn't want a super strong ride. I´m still hopeful that the indoor sections and station, story, and onboard audio will enhance the experience, and gain in immersion what it lost in intensity.

JuliOverbank

Roller Poster
Maybe with the B&M Batman clone and the Vekoma Giant Inverted Boomerang they also wanted to have a less intense thrill ride at the park that is a bit more family friendly and rerideable

JFranks

Mega Poster
Well... that was the park´s choice so unless somebody that worked on choosing what to build there explain to us what were the decision-making factors to build it that way, we won't know for sure. But all I can say is that I believe, like every other major money investment, that it was sure studied which target they aimed and what would they like to ride. Remember that at the end of the day, pleasing enthusiasts is not what parks do. And sadly Stunt Fall doesn't get the attention it would probably get in America because it seems like its too strong for European or Spanish standards.

jbondpreston

Roller Poster
I was always confused when people said they were more excited for this than toutatis - this looks infinitely worse and always has done

JFranks

Mega Poster
“Infinitely worse” is defenitely an exaggerated understatement in my opinion. Toutatis is sure gonna be a more intense experience and most likely better for enthusiasts. But many people here is forgetting how BGCE is not only about intensity (which it still has points where it’s very intense). It will have a pretty good onboard audio, it will have preshows and post shows both in the queue and during the experience. The theming is pretty elaborated and decent for a park of that size. There are still plenty of reasons to be excited for BGCE and I’m sure it’s still gonna compete with major rides. Plus, nobody here looking from the outside at tests can exactly tell how it will feel until they try it. It happens a lot that it looks worse from the outside than actually riding it and vice versa. I’d say wait till you try before making bold claims.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Just gotta say, ever since we found out this would have 3 cars per train, combined with the lackluster testing footage, combined with Toutatis opening and looking impressive, the hype for this really has been deflated.

Yeah, yeah. It'll still be great. But there was SO much potential as we uncovered more of the layout from construction.

Inverting_Thrills

Mega Poster
My hype for this ride has died quite a bit. The airtime hill, dive loop, and corkscrew are the only elements that even remotely excite me. Every other element looks slow to the point that it takes away any force that it could've had.