What's new

Parque Warner Madrid | Gotham City Escape | Intamin Launch Coaster | 2023

Trax

Hyper Poster
I think this top hat has more brake-fins than Tarons final breakrun.
I have to admit I really despise this new style of coasters, with a swing launch, switch track and trimmed/stalled top hat, just to artificially increase a rides duration.

I am not a big fan of top hats in general, but at least they give one decent (or in some cases amazing) pop of airtime. This might give decent airtime in the front, but nothing in the back.

To be clear: I am not complaining about the rest of the ride, the elements look really fun.

Luca B

Mega Poster
I think this top hat has more brake-fins than Tarons final breakrun.
I have to admit I really despise this new style of coasters, with a swing launch, switch track and trimmed/stalled top hat, just to artificially increase a rides duration.

I am not a big fan of top hats in general, but at least they give one decent (or in some cases amazing) pop of airtime. This might give decent airtime in the front, but nothing in the back.

To be clear: I am not complaining about the rest of the ride, the elements look really fun.
Top hats are amazing. The rest doesn’t look too great but I’m sure it’ll have some fun elements.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Top hats are amazing. The rest doesn’t look too great but I’m sure it’ll have some fun elements.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think this will be the best thing ever, but "doesn't look great"... ? :oops:

I think if the pacing is on point, this could flow so so well. I wish it had a few more elements after the stall but I really think what's there looks quite fun indeed, a good variety of elements and good interaction with pathways etc.

JFranks

Mega Poster
Don't get me wrong, I don't think this will be the best thing ever, but "doesn't look great"... ? :oops:

I think if the pacing is on point, this could flow so so well. I wish it had a few more elements after the stall but I really think what's there looks quite fun indeed, a good variety of elements and good interaction with pathways etc.
Agreed... "doesn´t look great" feels like a significant understatement of this coaster, but each has its own opinions and likings.

JFranks

Mega Poster
I'm here to say that despite the harsh trims on the top hat this ride will still be better then Velocicoaster
I maybe wouldn’t go that far at least until I try it, but I can see why some can say that hahaha. It all comes to how much the experience changes for you with onboard audio, story wise and shorter trains rather than full theming or longer ride experience. Also the IPs play an important bias.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
No meme, that's actually slow as 💩. I UNDERSTAND that there are a lot of variables here (High of only 55°F in Madrid during that video, it still being the initial test runs, wheels aren't broken in yet, potentially minimal launch speed, etc.), but that speed right there looks actually sad. More reminiscent of a Copperhead Strike level of thrill rather than Maverick.

Looking forward to it speeding up. It needs it.

Luca B

Mega Poster
Looks like a very fun Intamin. I do think that it is slightly misunderstood amongst enthusiasts, in my eyes it certainly looks like a great ride and to some extent a standout coaster but just not a world class coaster. That doesn't mean that I think that it looks dull, it is a unique and cool coaster designs. Maybe if it speeds up significantly it could be in the match for best Spanish rollercoaster with Shambala and Red force