What's new

Parc Asterix |"Oz'Iris"| B&M Invert

mouse

Giga Poster
Re: "Unknown", B&M Invert for Parc Asterix

^ I can imagine it will be revealed once the themed area is done.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

I bet the name will be announced before the ride is open.

Batman at SFMM used to have 3 trains operate, and you didn't sit outside the station too long.

D1993

Hyper Poster

marc said:
They don't need more than 2 trains, from experience its is very common that coaster that have more you just end up sitting on the brake run at the end of the coaster. Unless they have to stations which this coaster does not. I know people will mention the Vampire here but that coaster has 2 lift heels which control the speed of the train to make sure it does not stack.

On a 120 second ride you do not need 3 trains, by the time the 2nd train is ready to go the 1st train is back.

By saying you need 3 trains, I think most people mean that if something happens to one of them, you can immediately replace it, because most coasters run 2 trains. B&M Hypers though run 3 ive noticed.
Having 3 trains is really more a neccessity in the case that you need to use it if another one has issues.
But yes, in terms of running the coaster, this ride will only need 2.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

tomahawKSU said:
I bet the name will be announced before the ride is open.

Would be some marketing if it wasn't:
"Come ride this new ride we've built! It has a name, but we won't tell you!"

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ hahahahahahaha!
they should honestly do that!
Or perhaps theyre really confused and have no idea and just decided to go with 'unknown'?
wouldnt that be funny?

andrus

Giga Poster

D1993 said:
By saying you need 3 trains, I think most people mean that if something happens to one of them, you can immediately replace it, because most coasters run 2 trains. B&M Hypers though run 3 ive noticed.
Having 3 trains is really more a neccessity in the case that you need to use it if another one has issues.
All B&Ms with a mid-course brake have 3 trains, ie almost all hypers (except Goliath SFOG), and most loopers, inverts etc too. It's just that the coasters rarely run with top capacity (all 3 trains). I've only witnessed one B&M ever to have 3 train operation and that was Katun.

oriolat2

Giga Poster

Silver Star is als known to have all 3 trains running on a daily basis.

I couldn't say now, but I am positive that PA used to run all 3 trains on Khan in summer. Now, I am not sure...

D1993

Hyper Poster

Every time I go to Great Adventure, Nitro always has 3 train operation. Its great, it eats through lines like crazy.
Lots of B&M's still run really well with 2 trains though ie Talon
I think for the most part, this will run with 2 trains and when its really busy they will use the 3rd.

Lofty

CF Legend

oriolat2 said:
Silver Star is als known to have all 3 trains running on a daily basis.

I couldn't say now, but I am positive that PA used to run all 3 trains on Khan in summer. Now, I am not sure...

Yes, they did. When I went in '07 they ran every train!

Ben

CF Legend

They were running three trains on Khan when I first went...

I just started to type out all the B&Ms I've seen on three, and then my fingers hurt. Suffice to say, it's a lot of them... But, this hasn't got an MCBR...

ry1996

Mega Poster

Very Good Looking, Cant wait for potionmagix To come back up so i can see some more pics.

bob_3_

Giga Poster

It's not just B&M hypers that have 3 trains. If a any B&M coaster has a MCBR or a duel station (like Air) it has the capacity (and is probably designed) to run 3 trains at one time. B&M don't tend to supply extra trains though, they're very expensive. I'm surprised there's so many maintenance rails, we've not seen a 3rd train and I doubt they'll have one as there is no need, but that seems like a waste of space there. Unless those extra rails are used for a different kind of maintenance.

Martyn B

CF Legend

B&M don't tend to supply extra trains though

If a park wants 3 trains, they'll supply them with 3 trains.

And I imagine they wouldn't build 3 maintenance area's for just 2 trains...

tomahawk

Strata Poster

It may be for one of those orbs like Silver Bullet had/has as well as I think Wildfire? Not sure, but I know Silver Bullet has 2 maintenance rails with only 2 trains so there ya go.

Xpress

Strata Poster

tomahawKSU said:
It may be for one of those orbs like Silver Bullet had/has as well as I think Wildfire? Not sure, but I know Silver Bullet has 2 maintenance rails with only 2 trains so there ya go.

The orbital ball of wonder lies in wait behind the decommissioned train in this pic:

dscn7336.jpg

Look carefully and you will see it's clone on the open maintenance track.

Case in point, they fit 2 of them on the 2 tracks, so a 3rd maintenance section can only mean one thing... Or rather, 3 things...

Semi-on topic. I would pay big $$ to ride in the translucent sphere of magic.

Snoo

The Legend

Aww eww. While the layout is epic.. why another Montu? If they can't compare, I sense many will be disappointed in that respect.

A

Anonymous

^^ That one looks like a fish that is eating the track :p

Om nom nom...