What's new

Parc Asterix |"Oz'Iris"| B&M Invert

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Re: "Unknown", B&M Invert for Parc Asterix

Looks like there's only two trains on the switch track...but why is there three switch tracks?

Does this mean that one is in the station and ready for pull through testing? Or has the other one simpily not arrived yet?

Ben

CF Legend

^It kinds looks to me like there's three, but the third is only a few cars long at the moment? And they haven't bothered to blur it...

A

Anonymous

image.php

Nope there is only 2 trains there. The third one is either on the way to the park, not put together or in the station. Or they might just got 2 trains, since I can't see how they can run with more than 2 at any point, but still have the possibility to get a third one if they feel like it...

Martyn B

CF Legend

^ Probably the same situation as when Stealth opened. 3 trains so they can always operate with 2, leaving one to be maintained.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

Another little update...

The underwater tunnel has been enclosed - now this is looking similar to another coaster we know...

Attachments

• b8to518002k0bgc0l0s1q5.jpg
    b8to518002k0bgc0l0s1q5.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 148
  • PARC%2~3-4.jpg
    PARC%2~3-4.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 148

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Win.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Please let there be a splashing effect via timed fountains :3

Regardless, very much win.

B&MintaminGCI

Roller Poster

I could be wrong, but B&M doesn't do pull through testing that I know of, they're more of the "let it rip" type of company. Now that trains are here, testing is going to start really soon, they didn't even do a pull through for Raptor and that has the widest trains B&M has made.

CPcisco

Mega Poster

^ They do not do pull-throughs, but they do have clearance check guides that they can place along the track to check for interference. That being said they are not going to let the first train run it's course until all of the potential collision points have been built and checked.

Lofty

CF Legend

CoasterCrazy said:
Another little update...

The underwater tunnel has been enclosed - now this is looking similar to another coaster we know...

Yes. Similar because it's another coaster with an under-water tunnel? That's the only similarity. There was really no point in that post...

This coaster does look fab though. Excited to see it fully finished off! It seems like it flew up in next to no time!

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

[/quote]
CPcisco said:
^ They do not do pull-throughs, but they do have clearance check guides that they can place along the track to check for interference. That being said they are not going to let the first train run it's course until all of the potential collision points have been built and checked.

So, maybe a week until testing now?

Also, Potionmagix is having a bit of downtime now...

You have been able to follow all the mounting of the Inverted Coaster. I now need to take a break from POTIONMAGIX but I cannot let the forums without supervision. The site will reopen within a few days...

I did manage to get one picture though!

Attachments

• 020911bm.jpg
    020911bm.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 82

Xpress

Strata Poster

We still don't have a name???

and no, B&M doesn't do pull-throughs. They have too much confidence that the first test run is going to go flawlessly.

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ Well isnt that pretty much always the case?

and yes it is still very weird that we do not have a name. Maybe theyre trying to think of something really cool

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ Yes, absolutely. If two trains are needed to operate, then they should have 3.
Because then if something happens to one of the trains, they can use the spare and continue with 2 train operation. One train operation on a course thats supposed to have two is a total ass.

Lofty

CF Legend

D1993 said:
^ Well isnt that pretty much always the case?

and yes it is still very weird that we do not have a name. Maybe theyre trying to think of something really cool

Yes. I'm sure that they've built the coaster without a name. Because in the industry. That's how it works. Not an absolute huge sum of hours, days, months, possibly years planning every fine detail. Mood boards, Meetings, Presentations, Models, Theme Pallets, EVERYTHING.

Sorry. That was an extremely silly statement. Please tell me you was being Sarcastic and all will be forgiven!

A

Anonymous

^^ But many other coasters that operate with a maximum of 2 trains only have two, and with a B&M track-record of keeping their trains operating then would they really need more??

marc

CF Legend

They don't need more than 2 trains, from experience its is very common that coaster that have more you just end up sitting on the brake run at the end of the coaster. Unless they have to stations which this coaster does not. I know people will mention the Vampire here but that coaster has 2 lift heels which control the speed of the train to make sure it does not stack.

On a 120 second ride you do not need 3 trains, by the time the 2nd train is ready to go the 1st train is back.

dominoes

Mega Poster

What I'm wondering is, when are they going to reveal the name? Most rides reveal the name and theme once building has properly started. They have just about completed this ride, and still no name...