What's new

Parc Astérix | Pégase Express | Gerstlauer Family Launched

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
http://wonderworldweb.over-blog.com/2015/12/parc-asterix-france.html

So, in a nutshell, Parc Asterix is probably going to add a Gerstlauer Family Launch Coaster called Pegasus(similar to Fire Chaser Express at Dollywood) for 2017. I'm really glad more parks are adding these types of rides, as they are the perfect coaster for transitioning from kiddie creds to moderate-high thrill rides.

Again, not confirmed, but really probable, as we have concept art out:

m4G6uTz.png

peep

CF Legend
Theres another piece of artwork showing the full layout. It's nice and would make for a great addition to the park.

I'll note that this comes after the park announcing a large addition for 2017. I took part in the survey from which this info and concept art was taken from. One of the other options was a B&M flyer for the Viking area.

So... Make of that what you want, especially seeing as the initial rumour from last year was something more on the scale of Oz'Iris.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

_koppen

Hyper Poster
peep said:
I'll note that this comes after the park announcing a large addition for 2017. I took part in the survey from which this info and concept art was taken from. One of the other options was a B&M flyer for the Viking area.

The great thing with that survey was that it showed three completely different rides, with different themes and all in different areas of the park.

This makes me hopeful that we will see them all come to life in the future.

peep

CF Legend
Well originally the third ride, the Egyptian themed top spin was rumoured for this year. I assume it was pushed back due to costs or something.

I agree that it would be awesome if all three become a reality.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I really hope that Asterix chooses the B&M flyer over the Gerstlauer Family launch coaster. As fun as these rides may be, another European flyer would be amazing, since we only have Air, and that was a prototype... Just imagine something like Starry Sky Ripper or the Flying Dinosaur but closer... *drools*

_koppen

Hyper Poster
^ As much as I would love a new european flyer the park is in better need of a high quality family ride first. I think the flyer is coming eventually.

For those who haven't seen all three concepts:

parks-view-2.png

Pégase
- possibly a Gerstlauer Family Coaster with a backwards section
- themed to Pegasus, and located in the Greek area of the park
- station is called "Gare Montparnos"
- during the ride you'll accidentally enter Medusa's Temple... and you'll be launched backwards to escape her curse

parks-view.png

Le Vol de Thor
- a B&M Flying Coaster
- themed to Thor, the god of thunder
- located in the Viking area of the park

parks-view-3.png

Crocos
- the previously announced Zamperla Suspended Windshear
- designed by "Amonbofis" to bring visitors as close as possible to Cleopatra's crocodiles
- water and fire effects, crocodile animatronics
- located in the park's Egypt area

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
I don't know if this is new or anything but I've not seen this before.
Some impressive concept art for the Gerstlauer, Pégase Express

OFAr6lo.jpg

sfx before backwards section
EOd4d2q.jpg

39c9eqQ.jpg

And larger images of what's already been posted
KjgpEjg.jpg

wSa3H4y.jpg

Looks like it could give Firechaser Express a run for it's money. Have been extremely impressed by the quality of their recent additions and this takes it even further.

peep

CF Legend
I'm very excited about this, should be a solid addition to the park. I'll be visiting in a month, I wonder if mud will be moving by then.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Firechaser is one of the best, if not, the best, family coaster ever. So this would be awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Martyn B

CF Legend
peep said:
I'm very excited about this, should be a solid addition to the park. I'll be visiting in a month, I wonder if mud will be moving by then.

Trees were coming down in April!

And it also looked like they were clearing land behind Zeus...

peep

CF Legend
^I want to say that's due to the hotel expansion. But I don't really pay attention to on site accommodation news.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Light blue at Gerst factory. its pure speculation but the colour is pretty close to Pegasus colours on the concept art.

tRGwtU1.jpg

qL6JkDg.jpg

Source: KingRCT3 at TPR

The dark green track appears to be for a Takabisha clone but thats a whole other kettle of fish.

peep

CF Legend
A Takabisha clone? OMG, where for?

And yay for track being ready.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
peep said:
A Takabisha clone? OMG, where for?

And yay for track being ready.

To be honest the evidence posted on the TPR post is a little thin that it's a clone, The support on the right of the first picture does seem to match up with the tower drop on Takabisha and the tower section to the left of the pic suggests Eurofighter. Theres also a crapload of the track there so whatever it is going to be huge. Assuming Gerst arent making new eurofighter layouts anymore then Takabisha is the only likely clone with that much track. Or so I think their thinking goes.

8Nmn9a9.jpg

The 4 rail track is pretty rare for Gerst too right? Takabisha has some on the Bannana Roll but not sure about any others?

Either way no idea where its going at all. There is a photo of dark red track around somewhere which is likely to be Capitol Bullet Train, The light blue is probably Pegasus and do we know of any other supposed Gerst installments?

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
roomraider said:
Either way no idea where its going at all. There is a photo of dark red track around somewhere which is likely to be Capitol Bullet Train, The light blue is probably Pegasus and do we know of any other supposed Gerst installments?

Madagascar Mad Pursuit for Motiongate, Dubai. It's a Custom Infinity according to RCDB.

Back on topic... I love the look of this!

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
TheCoasterCruiser said:
roomraider said:

Madagascar Mad Pursuit for Motiongate, Dubai. It's a Custom Infinity according to RCDB.

I'll rephrase :p do we know of any Gerst installments that aren't already fully constructed?

motioner2.jpg

Madagascar finished installing track work months ago.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
So... somebody is building a clone of Takabisha, which is one of the largest and most inversion-y coasters ever built by Gerstlauer (and no slouch in the world statistics no matter who built it), and haven't told anybody yet?