• Thin

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • thick

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Mysterious Sue said:
I don't mind 'American style' with bacon and maple syrup. Ummm. Just not on pancake day. I think when it comes, we should all post pictures of our pancakes.

Was my first try at making them myself - the first few got binned, but some were rather tasty!

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
My attempt:
sepudy6a.jpg

age8a9e5.jpg

mu2u9aqu.jpg

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I had a cheese and tomato omelette and it was cooked to perfection. Unfortunately, the cheese was really cheap and greasy - so I has to mop up a puddle of oil which took too much of the crispness of the underside of the omelette and ruined it slightly.

I avoided all things pancake this year, as it's usually "my job". As I don't eat them, I find it it depressing constantly cooking them for a bunch of slavering hordes waiting at the pan for the next one.

I washed up :p

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
It's always tradition to go round the grandma's for pancakes on Ash Wednesday. Why we do it like that I have no idea it's just something we've always done so I'll finally get my pancakes tonight :D I'm sure I'll post a couple of pics too

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I didn't have any pancakes this year, I'm determined to shift the last half a stone to reach my target weight.

Anyway, when I do achieve that goal, I will treat myself to a couple of thin pancakes - the best kind!

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
I completely forgot to show off my pancake efforts.

Number one didn't go very well:
1782077_10202744169519736_42871748_n.jpg

Number two was much better, even if slightly burnt:
10003510_10202744169279730_1398556787_n.jpg

The third and final was the best, and probably most delicious.
1798685_10202744169039724_578784156_n.jpg

I love a good pancake. All of the above were coated in lemon and sugar, the best way forward.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
Mickey shaped waffles! FTW! :p

But I love thick pancakes. Much more flavor into them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

AirtimeFreak

Mega Poster
ECG said:
That top photo is crêpes, not pancakes. And the second one looks like they are made out of plastic. Pancakes are not shiny.
Yeah i think that's an ornament, looks like fine china!

Lemon and sugar on the thin ones, Maple syrup on the thick ones. Savory pancakes are not the one......

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
It is officialy known the first crêpe always goes wrong and looks like a pile of vomit!

Anyway, crêpes...so delicious with sugarsyrup, pearsyrup (in Belgium, it is named 'ass-jelly')brown sugar, vanilla ice cream and hot chocolate sauce, with baked apples or Nutella hazelnutspread :D

Karen

Hyper Poster
Mmmm nearly pancake day again and I'm making a day of it, breakfast, dinner and supper, sweet and savoury, nom nom nom and crispy!

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
I'm so sad that for the first time in my long 19 years of life I won't be going to my Grandma's for pancake day and this actually makes me really sad :/ just been a tradition.

I'll say I'll make them myself as I'm in Portsmouth but whether I'll bother or not...I just don't know.