Thin -
shutterstock_26119702.jpg

or thick -
536363552_1365597188.jpg

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Pancakes give me a migraine, so I don't eat them. Boo hoo, woe is me and all that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
That top photo is crêpes, not pancakes. And the second one looks like they are made out of plastic. Pancakes are not shiny.
This is how I like mine - with melted butter and maple syrup. The wifey makes them for breakfast on weekends at least 2-3 times a month.

pancakes.jpg

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
I like the British style thin pancakes but I took a liking to the American style thicker pancakes that they sell at IHOP which are very tasty! I now prefer the latter.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Definitely thin with simple lemon and sugar. Last year was very poor, I only managed 4. This year, I will be aiming to beat my record of 11. Bring on the gluttony...

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Couldn't agree with Sue more. Savoury pancakes aren't for me thank you very much. Plus I like to taste the lemon and sugar and not just the batter.

Sometimes if we have LOADS of batter left at the end of the night at work we'll pour some batter on the burger frier and make pancakes but they are so tasteless and there is never any lemon haha

nadroJ

CF Legend
American pancakes all the way but te traditional British with sugar and lemon is also nom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I don't mind 'American style' with bacon and maple syrup. Ummm. Just not on pancake day. I think when it comes, we should all post pictures of our pancakes.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
ECG said:
That top photo is crêpes, not pancakes.

All crepes are pancakes, but not all pancakes are crepes :)

Apparently English Pancakes are different to crepes, but I don't get it (egg ratio apparently) because I don't care about pancakes.

Anyway, you've possibly posted a picture of a pikelet* Jerry (over to Gazza :lol: ).

PedantryForce FTW!

*That's the Australian/New Zealand type of pancake, not the Mercian/Welsh version of a crumpet - which is definitely not a muffin, English or otherwise :D

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: RE: Pancakes

There are pancakes, and really really thin pancakes. Crepes are made up. I love thick flavored pancakes. Blueberry, chocolate chip, pumpkin, and strawberry banana are the best. Now I want pancakes...

Mike

Giga Poster
I've never understood how people can eat things like bacon and eggs with their American pancakes. It's just weird.

I do enjoy British pancakes (crepes), but they're a pain in the ass to make.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Mike said:
I do enjoy British pancakes (crepes), but they're a pain in the ass to make.
Noooo British pancakes are not crepes! They are somewhere between a very thin crepe and a very thick American or Scotch pancake. Well, mine are at any rate