What's new

Overrated and Underrated Parks

myself

Roller Poster
Overrated- SFMM, so they got a lot of roller coasters.
Underrated- Dollywood and Kennywood, most people prefer Busch Gardens and Hershey Park.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Probs gonna need a massage after nodding so vigorously in agreement with everything @Howie said.

Overrated: Phantasialand. Port Aventura. Hershey Park.

Underrated: Hansa Park. Toverland. Movie Land. Holiday World. Seaworld Orlando.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Overrated: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
Maybe it’s the fact that I grew up in Tampa, but I can’t see how Busch Gardens Tampa is overrated. You have 2 of the best multiloopers of all time— Kumba and Montu— as well as a fun dive coaster and that THING called Cheetah Hunt. The park is beautifully landscaped and has a great log flume, train ride, river rapids and sky ride, as well as Falcons Fury which I can never work up the courage to try.

Matt N

CF Legend
Maybe it’s the fact that I grew up in Tampa, but I can’t see how Busch Gardens Tampa is overrated. You have 2 of the best multiloopers of all time— Kumba and Montu— as well as a fun dive coaster and that THING called Cheetah Hunt. The park is beautifully landscaped and has a great log flume, train ride, river rapids and sky ride, as well as Falcons Fury which I can never work up the courage to try.
As much as I enjoyed Busch Gardens and I can definitely see positive attributes in it, there was something about it that made me enjoy it less than the other parks in Florida (although I am admittedly yet to visit any Disney parks bar Animal Kingdom and the Fun Spots.). I don't know what it was, but something about Busch Gardens Tampa rubbed me over the wrong way. Don't get me wrong, it's a great park, but I can't seem to muster up as much love for it as others do. It might have been because my family hated the park; if I was to revisit, I might potentially like it more, if you get what I mean.