What's new

Oakwood Updates

EthC

Mega Poster
Even though I'd love RMC to give megafobia love, i doubt it will happen this year atleast anyway, maybe a slight retrack of parts maybe, then again oakwood have surprised us before.

Lofty

CF Legend
You'd be susprised - revenue and customs are a nightmare.

Although, I'm highly doubting the authenticity of such a claim.

Ben

CF Legend
Meh, can't get too excited that a man who was running PGL centres will be much of a step up in terms of quality at this place.

I'm sure he'll be fine but his focus won't be on making the park a great theme park, he's not going to give it the same love and affection that people who actually love the industry give their parks.

Lofty

CF Legend
Anyone else bet that the park will receive some form of climbing ropes course in the next few years :lol:

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

Nathanisbeast

Roller Poster
a944f60eeb734097924bf1708444ef01.jpg

After many years it look like that the new area will actually be happening I'm very pleased and hope what ever it is will be a great addition (Oakwood Instagram and Facebook page)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandman

Giga Poster
^ Hi Nathan. Thanks for the update!

I'm a bit behind with the times I think. Could you fill me in on the proposed new 'area'? What has been said so far?

Nathanisbeast

Roller Poster
Sandman said:
^ Hi Nathan. Thanks for the update!

I'm a bit behind with the times I think. Could you fill me in on the proposed new 'area'? What has been said so far?
The picture above was the former Wild West area of the park. In 2014 it was announced by Oakwood that it would open that year under the name of "the legend of sleepy hollow" since then it has never been touched since now. There is a rumour that a new ride will be coming as the logo shows in earlier in the forum.
Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandman

Giga Poster
Cheers Nathan. I wish Oakwood the best and can only hope a major new ride isn't too far along now :--D

Lofty

CF Legend
If they use the legend of Sleepy Hollow, I hope they do it justice and not like the Halloween event they attempted…

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That's cool. I like it when parks do stuff like that.

Martyn B

CF Legend
There's a photo doing the rounds showing a bunch of bright green supports laying behind Drenched....

Doesn't initially scream coaster to me.