What's new

"Now Showing"

Slayed

Hyper Poster
Dammit Peep, your screenings are much more fun than mine! Not so easy to geek out in Swansea :p.

Although with that climax, I bet there wasn't much buzz at the end, even from the Indy geeks, just a lot of muttering...

Iron Man pwns thus far. Didn't think I'd be saying that!

Tony

Hyper Poster
Saw the new Indiana Jones film yesterday and LOL what a joke of a film. Definitely one of the worst films I ever watched. The acting was horrendous and for the 1st time ever I actually fell asleep in the cinema....oh and the whole **** thing just made a stupid crappy movie even more stupider and crap.

Oh and that ****ing annoying theme tune, ugh!

Don't waste your time going to this.

3/10

[Edited to remove the spoiler - Slayed]

neo

Mega Poster
Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull

The CGI really let the film down, and set the film apart from its predecessors in my opinion. I also think the plot was too ambitious and the wrong tone for the character. I wasn't happy with some of the developments, most of which felt rushed. But it is enjoyable.

I was happy with the music until I heard a same peice from War Of The Worlds. But I enjoyed the film for what it was.

3.5/5

kimahri

CF Legend
Some one bought I am Legend.

And it's on for the first time.

Only watched a tiny bit and its really dull however I missed the beginning so I'm not really getting much of it. ah well

I'll have to watch it properly some time. :|

Gonna have to agree with you Kim!

I Am Legend was another over rated film. So many people were saying how fantastic it was which made me think it was gonna be something great, and frankly, I was disappointed.

I'm glad everyone on here isn't saying OH MY GOD INDY JONES GASMS, so at least you all haven't been brainwashed by the over-hyped-ness.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Well I just finished watching The Last King of Scotland and that was a strange one. I tend to love British films but I couldn't help feeling the whole thinf was a little bit racist in parts (don't know if that the PC in me coming out but still). But apart from that it had a really good storyline, showed me a bit of history I was previously unaware of and thoroughly grossed me out.

8.5/10

mrclam

Giga Poster
I'm witholding judgement on indiana jones until i see it.

Down to 2 reasons:

1. you younger members seem to have a crap taste in movies (who was it who recommended "epic movie" and "meet the spartans")

2. you're also too young to remember it first time around and are obviously missing out on all the childhood nostalgia.

As for the music being bad? ARE YOU INSANE??

do be do dooo
do be doooooo
do bd do dooo
do be do do do
do be do doooo
do be dooooooo
do be do do
be do do
be do do be dooooooo

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Just got back from the new Indiana Jones film myself.

I give it a 6/10.

Not as good as the trilogy, but still worth watching.

As for worst film ever?

Nope, Spiderman 3 still takes that title! :razz:

Snoo

The Legend
Smelly said:
I'm witholding judgement on indiana jones until i see it.

Down to 2 reasons:

1. you younger members seem to have a crap taste in movies (who was it who recommended "epic movie" and "meet the spartans")

2. you're also too young to remember it first time around and are obviously missing out on all the childhood nostalgia.

As for the music being bad? ARE YOU INSANE??

do be do dooo
do be doooooo
do bd do dooo
do be do do do
do be do doooo
do be dooooooo
do be do do
be do do
be do do be dooooooo

Oo wow.. anyone saying that music is bad needs to be shot. The original Indiana Jones' were CLASSICS.. which is why I wanna see this.. even if it is getting bad reviews.

peep

CF Legend
SnooSnoo said:
Oo wow.. anyone saying that music is bad needs to be shot.

AGREED!

If you don't like the music of Indy films you are either death or you get an irritation in your ear whenever you hear something good. I don't really like naming and shaming peeps but Tony, I think you should really re-consider what the hell you posted about Indy IV, have you even seen the first three films?

Re-reading my review of the film I think I make it sound quite bad, it really isn't, I'm just really picky, tbh I think its just slightly better than Temple of Doom.

Slayed

Hyper Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
I'm glad everyone on here isn't saying OH MY GOD INDY JONES GASMS, so at least you all haven't been brainwashed by the over-hyped-ness.
Hang on Taylor! Are you saying if I *did* have an Indygasm then I'm brainwashed?

So we're not allowed to enjoy any popular films anymore? Sheesh, I'll stay at home instead of watching Dark Knight and WALL-E then, in case I actually like them...

Hang on Taylor! Are you saying if I *did* have an Indygasm then I'm brainwashed?

So we're not allowed to enjoy any popular films anymore? Sheesh, I'll stay at home instead of watching Dark Knight and WALL-E then, in case I actually like them...

Nah that's not what I meant. I meant when a movie gets a lot of hype, most people act like it was the most amazing thing ever, and it will never get a bad review. I'm glad this isn't the case with this film. If you actually liked it, then great.

And you SO don't know if you like Wall-E yet. He looks SO FREAKIN cute on commericals, but the movie could actually be crap, despite crapness being rare for Pixar (besides Cars which actually sucked).

Anyway, on to my review:

National Treasure Book of Secrets

I've never seen the first one, but this is another movie that you absolutely have to take it at face value or else you won't like it. If you're into realistic movies, you're going to hate it, especially if you have a tendency to pick apart every unrealistic detail in films. Thankfully I pretty much knew this was going to be very unrealistic, so that didn't bother me too much. It was a fairly good movie; not the best, but not the worst.

7/10

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
National Treasure

I watched this last night. The story was actually rather good and it was cleverly done. It was convincing, up until the last scene, which was **** . They were in some secret well type thing, that appeared to be bottomless. Then of course all of the wooden stairs began collapsing. It didn't fit with the rest of the film and let it down in my opinion.

Overall 7/10

neo

Mega Poster
On the subject of John Williams music, I think he's a genius. Home Alone, Indiana Jones, Schindlers List, Jaw's etc. But in Indiana Jones 4, I heard one of his peices from War Of The Worlds. That was really my only dissapointment with the music of Indy 4, as it took me out of the movie.

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
I say Indiana Jones last night and I liked the pace of the movie and the way the things tied into one another but the ending was a little bad I thought but it was still pretty good. 8/10

I'm off to see "What Happens in Vegas" tonight so I'll tell you all how that is.

Edit:
Just got back from What Happens in Vegas and it was better then I thought. I thought the storyline was pretty good and I really enjoyed it quite a bit.

9.25/10

Rush

Giga Poster
I have 2 and a half films to review.

First, Hot Fuzz.

I'll say that this is probably one of the worst-made films ever. Shakey cameras, extreme unrealistic and some parts were just awful. However I still quite liked it. The church steeple murder rocked! However I don't think I'll be in a hurry to re-watch it and the ending was just dumb.

Poor quality but relatively entertaining. Plus it's British. 6/10.

I saw half of Snakes on a Plane.

Half was enough to prove how crap it was. Corny, stupid and they should probably research some facts on snakes before making the film.

Lame and crap. 3/10, however I only saw half of it, so 1.5/10.

Last night I also saw The Da Vinci Code.

I am yet to read the books but I thought the film was not bad. Downsides are however that it takes a while to get into and you have to stay focused all the time or you'll lose the plot. I thought it was a very clever film and the acting was excellent.

If you don't like long films though, I wouldn't recommend this one.

8.5/10.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
A Beautiful Mind

I remember someone reviewing it very positively not long ago, and I can only agree with them. It was excellent. Great performances by Russell Crowe and Jennifer Connelly, and a very interesting story filmed brilliantly. Not to mention the awesome music.

9/10.

Caddyshack

I've had this movie since Christmas but I never bothered to watch it. I'm glad I did take the time to sit down and watch it yesterday, as it turned out to be really funny and cute. The little gopher was adorable! However, I have to say my favourite character was Al. Everytime he came on screen I couldn't help but laugh at his funny face and funny/rude comments.

So basically, I now know why it's considered a classic!

7.5/10

peep

CF Legend
Rush, how can you not like Hot Fuzz? Its a brilliant film, probably better if you've seen some of the films it references. Overall its an excellent British film.

Yesterday I went to the 02 cinema with the family to see for the second time, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the crystal skull. I still think this is a great film and despite some weak moments and the over-use of CGI that according to Spielberg was non-existent it was a great film, even second time round it was still enjoyable. I think its a great addition to the franchise.

Last night I went to a friends house and we all watched Transformers. I still think this is an ok film, I think they did a really good job pulling it off. Shia LeBeouf is also great as always and Jon Turtoro (or whatever his name is) adds some nice comic relief to the film.