What's new

"Now Showing"

One of the worst films I have seen for CGI was Lion the Witch the animals looks stupid, but for the 2nd film they seem to have put that right.

I thought Narnia's CGI's were pretty good. I mean, I know what you're saying when the animals looked weird, but I don't think that the fact that the effects weren't perfect detracted from the movie at all. It's actually one of my personal favourites, though I don't think I'll be seeing Prince Caspian until it's released on DVD. Movies are way too pricey and I have about twenty cents to my name right now.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Halloween (2007)

It was pretty good. It seemed to follow the story of how Michael Myers grew up for most of the film. The last half hour was like a typical Halloween film. I was quite realistic too. Some bits were bloody weird.

8/10.

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
Went to a mates house last night and watched Shrooms.

What a load of complete and utter tosh.

Bad acting+no storyline=Crap

It was so boring that we decided to fast forward it,just to see the ending.

The only reason it got an 18 rating was because of the references to drugs.

It certainly wasn't for the gore factor,as I've seen worse on normal t.v.

It gets 2/10 and I'm being generous.

Lewis

Hyper Poster
I went and saw Speed Racer today and can honestly say I wish I didn't bother! The storyline was like watching paint dry and the only aspect of the film which was good was the racing scenes, and they were few and far between!

6.5/10

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
^ I'd be interested in seeing it just to see if it's as stupid (to the point of being funny) as the cartoon was.

I watched Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade the other day to catch up on those before the new one comes out. Harrison Ford is a great actor and the storyline for all three (maybe a little lesser with Temple of Doom) is very good. Definitely one of the better movies out there, probably a 9/10

Ollie

CF Legend
Watched the original Friday the 13th today.
Was a bit meh, but I think that was down to how old the film is.
There isn't much action and all the deaths and bits that try to make you jump are all predicable.

Not bad, but not as good as I though it was going to be.

4/10

What Happens in Vegas

Umm, well I heard really horrible reviews for this movie, but despite being disgustingly predictable, it was actually pretty cute, and funny. Cameron and Ashton were good in this one, though I still think Something About Mary is Cameron's best to date! So yeah, it had a few funny bits but if you want to see something with a non-predictable storyline and a complex plot, this isn't for you! If you don't go in expecting much, you'll enjoy it.

6.9/10

peep

CF Legend
I dunno why I didn't post this last night, oh well, meh. On Monday night I went to see What happens in Vegas. I never thought I would do this but I completely concur with what Taylor is saying. Its cheesy and predictable but its really fun and just enjoyable to watch. Its got some really good LOL moments (especially the short scene about 1 min into the credits) and I think this really helped the film along. Ashton still annoys me though...

Good fun, surprsingly, 3.5/5

I never thought I would do this but I completely concur with what Taylor is saying.

Haha, I love how people find it insane when they're able to agree with me.

What scene are you talking about into the credits? There were two if I recall! Was it the one where they were all drunk and such?

For me, I thought they just kinda fell for eachother a bit too fast. You knew it was gonna happen but they just went from hating to liking in a matter of seconds it seemed.

It was cute though. I would wait until it's out on DVD to watch it if you want to watch it, but yeah, it's worth a watch.

I'm excited for the Strangers, and I'm probably going to see Prince Caspian on Tuesday. Gotta love $4.20 tickets on Tuesdays.

Because your tastes in movies is just.. incredibly pathetic.

It's not! Wizard of Oz, Green Mile, and Labyrinth are like the three best movies to ever exist and I'm sure many people would agree with that! Well, at least the first two.

peep

CF Legend
The one where they are drunk is the first one, that was highly amusing but I was on about the second one where they get their revenge, I couldn't stop laughing for ages.

Oh HAHA! I totally forgot about that one. It was definitely hilarious though, because a few times throughout the movie I was wondering if they were ever gonna do that, and then they did, and it was like woo!

mrclam

Giga Poster
Coaster Ollie said:
Watched the original Friday the 13th today.
Was a bit meh, but I think that was down to how old the film is.
There isn't much action and all the deaths and bits that try to make you jump are all predicable.

Not bad, but not as good as I though it was going to be.

4/10

You dont watch friday the 13th expecting to watch a good film.. or even an action film..

Think low budget comedy and laugh at the special effects (thats what we all did first time around).

That and seeing a VERY young johnny depp.

peep

CF Legend
Smelly, Jonny Depp wasn't in Friday the 13th, you're probably thinking of Nightmare on Elm Street. But you are right in saying that you shouldn't watch it expecting action etc, these horror films from the 80s were made very cheaply so therefore are quite badly made. Some have become laughable due to age (e.g. The Exorcist) but some have always been laughable but still fun to watch.

Coaster Ollie, why? Why did you have to post a link to a trailer of one of the worst sequels being released this year? Just no. They should never have touched the franchise after the second film, they could have left it with a good film but now they have ruined it. BERN. I do believe I have already expressed my problem in more words than this in another topic a couple months back.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
Coaster Ollie, why? Why did you have to post a link to a trailer of one of the worst sequels being released this year? Just no.
He probably didn't realise you had seen it and told us how bad it was.

Oh wait..

Ollie

CF Legend
Urm... Because it looks quite good.
If it wasn't the same actors and wasn't called 'The Mummy' then you probably would of thought the same. I treat every film the same and don't just toss it down because it's another sequel/prequel.

Anyway, I shall be going to see it.

But I only said the trailer looked good. ;)
Which may be completely different from the overall film.

And Smelly, I was wondering what the hell you were on about with Depp being in 'Friday the 13th'
Didn't think I was imagining things. :lol:

Had a movie fiesta today with Untraceable, and The Orphanage, or El Orfanato.

Untraceable

I wanted to see this when it was in theatres but I totally forgot about it until I realized it came out on DVD the other day. It was actually a decent movie, even though it was a bit far fetched, but you can usually expect an action/horror like that to be somewhat unrealistic.

The killings themselves were actually pretty gross. Being drained of blood, being boiled to death by hot lights, being eaten by acid, and almost having your head cut up in this twisty thing of death are among a few, so at least they kept those interesting!

My only beef with the movie was that they seemed to figure things out too quickly. It seemed that they knew nothing, and then suddenly they knew everything. It was a perfect length for a movie though, at one hundred minutes, so I felt like I got everything I needed to get from it, without being bored to death.

Overall, I'd give it a 7/10.

For the sake of curiousity, what's the population of America? I have a hard time believing that 20,000,000 people or more tuned in to that website at the same time.

El Orfanato / The Orphanage

Being from the makers of Pan's Labyrinth, I had high expectations for this. I didn't get to see it in theatres, and again, I didn't even know it came out on DVD yet! So, I went to the video store to get this, surprised to find that it wasn't even in the top ten rentals. Maybe people were put off by the fact that it's subtitled, but who knows?

The basis of the storyline wasn't really unique; a boy talks to imaginary friend. However, the way it was pulled off and the atmosphere were very well done. It had a lot of really creepy parts in it, and though the end confused me a bit, I did end up getting it once the movie was over. That mask that Thomas wore too! Gosh that was scary.

Overall I'd give it a 7.8/10.

kimahri

CF Legend
Coaster Ollie said:
Smelly, I was wondering what the hell you were on about with Depp being in 'Friday the 13th'
Didn't think I was imagining things. :lol:

Thats what old age does to you ollie. :wink:

now to stay on topic.

um.

I watched spy kids 2 and 3 the other day. they were cheesy but they are kids movies so it didnt matter.

so in the eyes of a kid I'd rate them both 6/10