What's new

"Now Showing"

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
peep said:
Thanks for the spoiler warning beans.

Well it saves you from sitting in right until the end, or even better, from having to pay to go and see the film in the first place! :p

peep

CF Legend
Well obviously I won't pay to go and see it but when its on TV in about 3/4 years time now I'll only tune in to the end to see the place blow up.

Anyways why would I go see it at the cinema when I can easily go to the cinema tonight to see Sweeney Todd again? :p

David

Mega Poster
A few nights back I watched Battle Royale and thought it was brilliant.

I will start by saying this. It won't be for everyone as it does contain a fair amount of violence and gore, but if you are able can tolerate this, it is a quality film and one I would recommend. At the beginning I was thinking this film is not in English so I won't enjoy it, but I was proved wrong. It is action packed from the first to the last minute.

It is easily my favourite foreign film and is up there as one of my favourites.

10/10.

Beans

Hyper Poster
peep said:
Beans said:
Okay was't quite as good as AVP but the army/government nuked the whole town to get rid of the beasts.

Thanks for the spoiler warning beans.

Well nobody wanted to watch it anyway so I thought I would mention what you wouldn't be missing. :wink:

mrclam

Giga Poster
I watched rambo 3 on tv last night in preparation for rambo 4.

.. it's worth watching just to hear the dialog and applying it to todays "situation".

American Colonel : "The taliban are proud, couragous people. They'll never give in to you Russians.."

etc etc etc

Ben

CF Legend
David said:
A few nights back I watched Battle Royale and thought it was brilliant.

I will start by saying this. It won't be for everyone as it does contain a fair amount of violence and gore, but if you are able can tolerate this, it is a quality film and one I would recommend. At the beginning I was thinking this film is not in English so I won't enjoy it, but I was proved wrong. It is action packed from the first to the last minute.

It is easily my favourite foreign film and is up there as one of my favourites.

10/10.

Agreed. One of the greatest films ever made. Love it.

kimahri

CF Legend
Battle Royale is great! I still dont see what was so bad with BR2

Gavin said it was crap but he didnt know why and most other people dont really explain why they say its bad.

its not as good as the first yes (with very fewreccuring characters for obvious resons) but I liked it.

Even though they are anime but Spirited Away and Laputa: Castle in the Sky are 2 amazing movies. I love them both.

I need to see Howls Moving castle and the rest of Hayao Miyazaki's movies

Snoo

The Legend
The Karate Kid.

9/10.. saw it last night. Loved it.. altho the ending bit was.. well it coulda been better.

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^^Battle Royale 2 just didn't "work" for me, but you're right, it's nothing I can put my finger on. I guess Battle Royale is just one of those films that should just be left alone. It stands alone great as it is, and doesn't need a sequel. Then again, you could say that about loads of films which have had great sequels.

Still don't know!

Dave

CF Legend
My friend showed me Shoot Em Up yesterday afternoon.

Well what a bizzare yet funny film. Best way to sum it up is a hard action gunfight matched with a corny line after each fight. Its got some really odd performances by Clive Owen and Paul Giamatti, Giamatti's accent is really strange but this works in his character.
The plot is quite hard to follow with it being misleading at times, but at the end it somehow straightens out.
Overall a entertaining film but not one i'd constantly re-watch. Maybe one you'd show a friend randomly one day.

So 7/10 for me.

The Karate Kid.

9/10.. saw it last night. Loved it.. altho the ending bit was.. well it coulda been better.

Mmph, Karate Kid was a bit iffy for me. It was kind of annoying how he learned things so fast. You don't just wax a car and stuff, and then automatically have speed and agility when it comes to blocking.

It was a good movie but I just thought it was a bit fake in terms of how well he learned things.