What's new

"Now Showing"

marc

CF Legend
"Now Showing"

Finally watched The Lone Ranger last night.

The film was no where near as bad as people made out.

Yes it's long and sometimes you think get on with it, but the action parts were fantastic as were the stunts (just a shame most are cgi)

The train part at the end was brilliant, great chase and fighting.

Some bits were funny and Depp done what he does best.

So yeah no idea why it got slated.

TilenB

Strata Poster
jj23w said:
I`m at The Inbetweeners Movie 2 premier a review when I`ve watched the film excited.

Is it any better than the first one? I'd really love to watch, but I doubt that it would reach the Slovenian cinemas anytime soon, if ever...

jj23w

Hyper Poster
It all depends what you mean I liked it and thought it was quite funny. But people I went to see it with thought it was terrible. The only major worry I have is there is no main story so some bits looked really jumped. It all depends how old you are to understand the toilet humour.

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
Lots to catch up on.

Heaven Is For Real

I may be a bit biased on my opinion. Am I Christian? No. Am I Atheist? No, I am actually Buddhist. But I do believe that there is somewhere our souls go after death. I could get into all that but that is for another thread. This film is good for what it is. It is a bio about a 4 year old boy who supposedly "went to heaven and back" and this is his story. The boy who played him is going to be HUGE. However, there are some cons. I think it goes in thinking everyone believes in heaven. Also it kinda ends in a weird way, but in a bio like this I guess you can't really have a great ending. 7/10.

Godzilla

Almost worse than the 1998 version. When it first started I thought it really was going somewhere. I was so wrong. They focused more on these other creatures and the family of the main soldier (that guy who played Kick-Ass), than Godzilla himself. I am not saying I wanted full on action, but If they could TALK about Godzilla himself more often than these creatures who where less of a threat, it would have saved the film. 4/10.

X-Men: Days of Future Past

The greatest X-Men film to date. X-Men is a risky series. You have your bad films (The Last Stand, Origins) you have your solid good films (First Class, The Wolverine), and you have your GREAT films (X-Men, X2), and then there is Days of Future Past. Great characters, Great dialogue, Great action. Everything a superhero movie needs. 9/10.

Edge of Tomorrow

This movie is the best movie since The Dark Knight Rises. It is so good, I really can't put it into words. Some people don't like the ending, and I can understand why they don't, but I loved it. 10/10.

Sharknado 2: The Second One

It's garbage, but in a good way. It is SO bad, it beat it's predecessor in my opinion. That's right, I liked Sharknado 2. Is it laughable? Nah. But it is just a fun thing to watch with a few friends. More chainsaws and introducing RAZOR BLADES as weapons...Sharknado is love...Sharknado is life. 7.5/10.

Sharktopus VS. Pterecuda

Okay, now this is ****. So painful to watch. I only watched half of it, but I think I should be the one too take the review because you probably lasted 5 minutes. A lot of people give films a 1 if they hate them but they really mean a 3, I mean a ONE. 1/10.

Hobbes

Mega Poster
I saw Guardians of the Galaxy today with a friend. I'm not going to give a numerical rating, but I really enjoyed it. It had a good mix of action with some funny moments, interesting character concepts, and a cool sci-fi world. It's a really fun movie that doesn't take itself to seriously.

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
I played The Pimp in this Valuta movie called "Criminal" that just came out recently. Check out my first performance in this enthralling masterpiece:

Oh, that's right, I can't embed it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbQ7CSGxzoA[/youtube]

marc

CF Legend
Re: "Now Showing"

Watched Good Will Hunting.

How did I ever not see this, probably as it has a cast I really don't rate.

Anyway what a great film and do well acted by all. The story is very powerful and one I can actually relate to in some ways.

Really enjoyed it, thought the end was a bit rushed though.

Great film can see why so many rates it.

Also watched Jack.

Still don't really know what to make of it tbh. Was a one watch film but the talk at the end is very powerful can see why it's been used in tribute videos.

It was ok, very Peter Pan meets the real world in the sense robin just acted the same as in Hook.

Pleased I have seen it but can see why it did not do well.

Expendables one and two. Tbh they are just good no brainer films full of actors from my teen and early 20's. Great stunts average story and poor acting but still great action films.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Jason Voorhees said:
Oh, that's right, I can't embed it.

Youtube embed help feature said:
Usage [youtube]http://URL[/youtube] TAKE OUT THE S IN https: TO GET IT TO WORK!!!!

marc said:
Watched Good Will Hunting.

How did I ever not see this, probably as it has a cast I really don't rate.

Anyway what a great film and do well acted by all. The story is very powerful and one I can actually relate to in some ways.

Yeah, it's a superb film. Not watched it in years though.

marc said:
Expendables one and two. Tbh they are just good no brainer films full of actors from my teen and early 20's. Great stunts average story and poor acting but still great action films.

I watched 2 last weekend actually and it was awful. Arnie just can't be arsed even attempting to act in the slightest. It's quite amusing though, brainless, pointless and just enough tongue in cheek (if you grew up with those films with those actors) to be enjoyable :)

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Watched Mrs. Doiubtfire on the plane Tuesday. So many jokes went over my head when I was little. I watches Hook last week as well, one of my all time favorites as a kid.

Good Will Hunting is on my DVR at home and I'll probably watch Dead Poets Society on my flight back as well. Such an amazing actor Williams was.

peep

CF Legend
Just saw Hector and the search for happiness

A really nice feel good film. A slightly predictable ended that is more satisfying than annoying and it follows a fantastic journey with some humorous moments here and there.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
Re: "Now Showing"

marc said:
Finally watched The Lone Ranger last night.

The film was no where near as bad as people made out.

Yes it's long and sometimes you think get on with it, but the action parts were fantastic as were the stunts (just a shame most are cgi)

The train part at the end was brilliant, great chase and fighting.

Some bits were funny and Depp done what he does best.

So yeah no idea why it got slated.
I personally loved The Lone Ranger. I dont know why it flopped either but my guess was the trailers. When I saw the trailer, I wasnt that pumped but then I saw the movie and it wad nothing what I expected. Its a great movie.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Got a few to catch up on here.

The Nightmare Before Christmas 3D
I've been a TNBC fan since I saw it at the students union on a dodgy video straight from the US. I t appeals to my love of stop motion, dark humour and Danny Elfman.

I was a bit worried the 3D version might be a bit rubbish, but it's a really good conversion. It's good to have it on blu-ray too at last with 7.1 surround :)

Still a great film and the HD/3D treatment serves it well.

Also in 3D
The Creature from the Black Lagoon
I remember this from when I saw a run of Universal Monster films as a teen. I really liked it in a "silly, cheesy, fun" way. The HD treatment is fantastic. The film looks pristine and the 3D is superb.

It's still completely silly, cheesy and fun too - win/win :)

Finally
Maleficent
Absolute bobbins.

I didn't even think Angelina Joley was particularly good. It was just sickly, obvious, badly made tripe.

I guess it explains why we haven't seen a decent Marvel villain yet - Disney doesn't believe in them any more :( Every time you say you believe in evil, a fairy villain dies...

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
TMNT

It was a really enjoyable movie. I was never a fan of TMNT before, I just liked the action figures as a child so I really don't care about the changes. The animation was spot on, the fight scenes were great, and the story was well written. The only thing that disappointed me was the "playing it safe". I was expecting more of a Transformers type of movie TBH. But that what you get when Nickelodeon buys the franchise after production started. 7/10

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
The Inbetweeners 2

I'd heard only good things and I was a huge fan of the first one. I can't deny though I was left slightly disappointed. It is hilarious and it has a stronger storyline than the first but the humour is more shocking than the first and it is more immature...It is a better film than the first but I was expecting better.

As Above So Below

It was like, a crappier "the Descent" filmed with a hand cam. It had a few okay moments but the whole time nothing really exciting happened. There was hardly a climax and the end was weird. A few moments were suppose to reflect the "inner demons" of the characters but they just didn't have enough character development for me to care.

Five.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Boyhood

Wow, what an amazing piece of art this movie is! I love how much of determination and hard work was given into the production of it. I think it's really amazing and unseen before that we can actually see the actors age, kids to grow up and mature all in 165 minutes. Sure, there was a couple of blank spots, where story just skipped a few months, years of their lives, making the viewer wonder for a bit who these new characters are. But it is all explained pretty quickly, without any annoying narration from the main character that is usually present in the low-quality growing-up movies...

All in all it is an amazing movie (by far the best I've seen this year, although Her and Dallas Buyers Club do come close behind) and I expect it to be one of the main contenders at the next year's Oscars. 10/10

peep

CF Legend
Finally got myself back to the cinema...

The riot club

Excellent film, the tension is ridiculous and when it all hits the fan I was literally on the edge of my seat, totally blew me away. Slightly annoyed to find out it's based off a play I missed out on a few years back.

What we did on our holiday

If you're a fan of Outnumbered then you'll love this, it's rather amusing throughout.

The Giver

Knew nothing about this film before watching it apart from it's based off a book I'd never heard of and that it stars Meryl Streep and Jeff Bridges. I thoroughly enjoyed it, it's an interesting concept and it's executed well. I felt the story moved too quickly if anything. I'm assuming this is a series of books and that they're aiming for a sequel, I hope so because I want to know what happens next.

A most wanted man

A pretty good thriller with a great ending.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Maze Runner

Read the book (or reading, so painful to get through) and they changed so much. That said, probably one of the first times a movie is better than the book. That said, still sucked.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Edge of tomorrow: Tom Cruise being a bit smarmy, but overall carried off what was needed for the hour or so of decent film.

It's essentially Ground hog day, mixed with Aliens and with added Saving private Ryan (whatever you think that will be is what it is). Very entertaining first hour (entertaining as in you enjoy watching it, not good as such), then it kind of dulls out towards the end and becomes s bit mediocre. Still actually thought it was much better rubbish than crap like Transformers 4 I'd watched recently and if you're after mindless rubbish, it's the best this year.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk