What's new

"Now Showing"

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Went to see The Fourth Kind last night. It was hilarious! The amount of sexual innuendo in the film had me and Martyn laughing throughout. The amount of people thinking that the "real" film and audio sections were infact real made me lol even more. Not scary whatsoever, though funny to watch people jumping.

All I have to say is 'She's faking it...' xD

Pretty awful film tbh.

3.5/10

I bought My Sister's Keeper today after seeing it yesterday, and I tried to get my mom to watch it, but she quit after five minutes because it was "too sad".

I'm annoyed. Yes it's sad, and yes I know it strikes a personal.. Thing with our family but you can't just quit watching it and pretend like that stuff doesn't happen. Well, her loss I guess, it's one of the most moving movies I have ever seen.

kimahri

CF Legend
Twilight

It's utter ****e!!! It's also Hilarious. Everyone talks like The Shat and it's just terrible.

I need to get some friends round to MST3K it.

peep

CF Legend
^Ha, yeah that film is so dire.

Recently got back from seeing A Serious Man.

It's the latest film from the amazing Coen Brothers. This film is just excellent. The direction is just superb. Acting is brilliant and the story is captivating. But, wow, the ending, it felt like it could go on for another hour or two but it just..ends and your left dangling wondering what will happen with all the characters. GO SEE IT!!!

Rating: 5/5

Ollie

CF Legend
Adulthood:
Not as good as Kidulthood but still really good. Story could of been developed a bit further though. Still worth watching though. :)

clecktown

Roller Poster
I watched <b>La cabina</b> earlier this evening.
It's a 1972 short film from Spain, but has minimal dialogue and relies heavily on visuals and music.
It's basically about a man who gets stuck in a telephone box. I won't spoil it for anyone who wants to watch it, but the end really disturbs me, I wasn't expecting it.

It hasn't been physically released, but the lead actor died earlier this month, so Spanish station RTVE have embedded it on their website.
Link
The film starts about 9 1/2 minutes in.
I recommend it.

Ollie

CF Legend
Watched Hostel today with my brother. I had already seen it but didn't mind seeing it again. I thought it was more gory than it was and it seemed to take longer to get the the torture bits but we had tits instead so I wasn't complaining. :p
Still quite a good film though, not the best plot but it's one of those films you go to see just to gross yourself out with all the blood and stuff.
7/10

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
After years of meaning to, I finally got around to watching the film version of one of my favourite books EVER: Valley of the Dolls.

I don't usually like to compare films to the books they're based on, but in this case I had to. It wasn't a patch on the novel, obviously. It completely ignored the relationship between the three main characters among other things.

It was over-the-top, camp, scenery-chewing garbage.

I **** ing LOVED it!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLS3_t1cATM[/youtube]

peep

CF Legend
Went to see New Moon.

Now, I absolutely hated Twilight, thought it was badly directed and nothing really happened, very dull. Umm, well this time round it was, I suppose, well directed (well compared to Twilight, not saying much). I don't think I've been so bored when watching a film before, it was soooooooooooooo bad. Once again, nothing really happened in the film. The only redeeming thing was Michael Sheen and he isn't in it long enough (about 5 mins).

Also the audience were very annoying, lots of girls screaming, urgh, not fun.

Rating: 0.5/5

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^Michael Sheen was in New Moon? Bah, he's lost all coolness he once had...

Are you suprised by screaming girls there as well? Pattison seems to be god in some homes, his square face and acting talent only second worse to Orlando "Wooden Plank" Bloom...

Yes of course I won't see these films, but based on his performance in HP4, he won't be anything to write home about in the future...

peep

CF Legend
I was surprised by the screaming girls tbh. It was f*cking ridiculous, at one point a lady (I reckon around 30 years old) screamed, "Can you please be quiet and watch the film!" Which then lead the majority of the audience to applause. Didn't stop the brats talking and screaming, urgh. At least someone tried to quieten them down.

I don't mind people getting excited about a film and applauding something awesome or wooping and cheering but the screaming just got stupid, and it was all over nothing.

peep

CF Legend
Unlimited cinema pass. It now allows me to not only see the good films but also all the cr*p that is released each week :p

I also like to prove a point to some people who ask me why I hated a film. I'd like the people who do see New Moon and liked it to tell me why they liked it apart from shirtless guys standing around.

marc

CF Legend
Finally saw Star Trek last night.

Mixed views tbh.

I thought the effects were good and it was a very good action film.

But what I dont like is they have changed the whole time line, which would also effect all the other films and series they are really meant to come after it.

So not sure really.

Lain

Giga Poster
marc said:
But what I dont like is they have changed the whole time line, which would also effect all the other films and series they are really meant to come after it.

Noo!

It was really clever how they did that. The film is set in an alternate dimension!

The character Leonard Nimoy plays in the film is from the original time line, but he came through a black hole into this dimension, where due to Nero, a different timeline occurs.

It's perfectly canonical!

marc

CF Legend
Only now how can they do the 4th film? There is no Vulcan.

Either they went back in time, which was said a number of times or they went to a parallel universe.

So all in all its floored and effects everything to the original series to Deep Space Nine. For me its like the Terminator thing they have messed it up.

Dont get me wrong it was clever, but I was hoping at the end things would be put back to normal but no.

Maybe I am looking at it wrong, dunno.

Lain

Giga Poster
I'm not familiar with the original series of films, or the TV shows, so I don't know what happens in the fourth film. However, the whole point of them moving to another dimension was so that they wouldn't be restricted in terms of new plots and stuff.

This is why it doesn't affect any of the other Star Trek stuff. All that stuff still happened, but this new (presumably) series of films will happen parallel to it in another dimension, which means that none of the plots or anything have to be the same, and they don't have to base anything on what happens in the original films/TV shows.

I found this quote from JJ Abrams, which should make it clearer:

"The idea, now that we are in an independent timeline, allows us to use any of the ingredients from the past — or come up with brand-new ones — to make potential stories."