What's new

"Now Showing"

Ben

CF Legend
I watched Memento earlier.

Uh, it ****ing RULED?!?

It was so complex, yet so understandable. It jumped about so much over a ****ed-up timeline, but, never got confusing (Watchmen should have watched it for a note). The ending as well! OMFG!

Loved it.

10/10

The Nolans are love.

(and Taylor, watch it, your review would be pure LOL :p)

^ The guy who tattoos himself or whatever?

I was going to watch it actually, but then I never got around to renting it. Perhaps after your little comment, I realize I probably shouldn't even bother.

Snoo

The Legend
Be Kind, Rewind

Saw it today when I was chillin around the house.. and it was actually a good movie.. and had its funny bits. Great ending too.

8/10

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Love Memento Ben, such a superb film. Watched it the night before my wedding on DVD :)

Madame_Furie couldn't follow it though, and needed to watch the special version where the scenes are played in reverse :lol:

nadroJ

CF Legend
I bought Christine on the weekend, will probably watch tonight, I've been waiting to see this film for ages.

Also watched Shawshank Redemption, Ali had never seen it before so i made him watch it. We both agree it is amazing.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Christine is pretty dreadful, but I do have a soft spot for John Carpenter films.

The book is actually much, much better. I was expecting the story to be as bad as Christine's, but it's a good read.

Shawshank is fab, I bought it for £3 from Asda about 12 months ago but haven't watched it yet :roll:

peep

CF Legend
Been watching films...

Jumper on Blu-ray.

I quite enjoyed this film, has some good action scenes. It does lack something but it is still a good action/sci-fi film.

Rating: 3/5

Elektra was on TV last night.

It was quite pants tbh. Although Terence Stamp = win. The film was just too predictable and just meh.

Rating: 2/5

Today I watched Persepolis on Blu-ray.

Strange film but it's quite enjoyable. The grandma character was amusing. It was really compelling too and I learnt a little bit more about something I never knew about.

Rating: 4/5

Madame_Furie couldn't follow it though, and needed to watch the special version where the scenes are played in reverse

There's such a thing? That's sick.

Also watched Shawshank Redemption, Ali had never seen it before so i made him watch it. We both agree it is amazing.

I know they're not exactly the same, but since they're similar, I will say it; the Green Mile is WAY better, and to me, Shawshank is slightly overrated, although still a great movie.

mrclam

Giga Poster
peep said:
Been watching films...

Jumper on Blu-ray.

I quite enjoyed this film, has some good action scenes. It does lack something but it is still a good action/sci-fi film.

Rating: 3/5

I found that strangely enjoyable too.. i'm sat there thinking "i shouldnt be enjoying this - this is quite obviously a load of poo".. but yet i was enjoying it..

EDIT: I forgot a score:

7.5 shoebells out of 3 turnips.

When Harry Met Sally

I didn't expect to like this that much because it just seemed like another sappy, predictable love story, but I was wrong! I loved the characters, and though yes, it was predictable, I was still interested in seeing what would happen to Harry and Sally's relationship next. I also now know where the premise for Zack and Miri came from :lol: .

It did make me think though; CAN guys and girls be friends without the guy/girl wanting to have sex with the other person?

8/10

mrclam

Giga Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
It did make me think though; CAN guys and girls be friends without the guy/girl wanting to have sex with the other person?

Guy : no
Girl : Depends - women have no problems with not wanting to have sex with me.

mrclam

Giga Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
^ So every guy who has a friend who is a girl, wants to have sex?

No.. guys are just naturally horny and want to have sex.. Being a friend is nothing to do with it.. Unless you're a minger - in which case you're in "friend" teritory.

marc

CF Legend
Just watch Saw V.

Very clever really enjoyed it.

I do admit one part made me go yuk but that was about it.

Would probably give it 7/10

Ollie

CF Legend
^It was weird to see the film run along the time-line of all the other films. As it began before the first one and the film ended after the 4th one (hope you get what I mean). :p
The only things about the Saw movies now is that the twists at the end get worse each time. In V it's barely non existent. I hope VI has a good one as I used to like the twists at the end that you never saw coming. :)

marc

CF Legend
Thats the thing though the V one did sort of have a twist, it was to set someone up to cover up a mistake in the 4th if you know what I mean.

I said to Mark they had to rebuild all the sets for this film unless they filmed it when they made the others.

Mark

Strata Poster
Ollie said:
The only things about the Saw movies now is that the twists at the end get worse each time. In V it's barely non existent. I hope VI has a good one as I used to like the twists at the end that you never saw coming. :)

See, I thought that twist was very good. The fact that the whole thing has been about Hoffman covering his tracks and pinning the whole thing on Strahm....

Overall, I thought it was a very clever film which has stayed very true to the series and embellished and developed the story so that you learn a plausible difference, and update as it were, in each.

Considering how much I hated the original before I watched the sequels I must admit I am a fan of the developing story and the way in which everything has been very neatly tied in together. As a series of films telling a grander story, they really hit the nail on the head. As individual films I think Meh. If I was to recommend anyone to watch them, I would also say it is very important to watch ALL of them! The beauty of these films is that every sequel has a purpose and develops the story further as appose to the generic making of a sequel. you know where they just rehash and the story and make fundamental continuity changes as appose to further support of the initial story (if that makes sense)

I think it is important to remember that each of the sequels has revealed another piece of the story and therefore the twists are going to be less. This is because you know more. If the twist is two extreme then it starts off a whole new tangent whereby they would have to explain that twist. IE in the 2nd movie they had to explain how Jigsaw got away with being on the floor and who the person was on the outside.

the_missus

Mega Poster
I watched Watchmen today and quite enjoyed it. Was confused for the first part of it but got it eventually! I thought there would be more action in it, but the action that was in it was brilliant! Never read the graphic novel but am tempted to get it now.
Found it too be quite dark but also quite funny....I think I was the only person to laugh out loud at some points...but hey ho!

Also saw the trailer for Wolverine looks quite good! I just hope it is after the massacre they did of X-Men!!

Also saw Shopaholic a week or so ago and loved it! I love Isla Fisher...so funny!! Trout.