What's new

"Now Showing"

peep

CF Legend
^Wow, great selection of films there Taylor. I fancy watching Blazing Saddles now *ponders*

Anyways today I watched two new films in my ever growing collection...

The Dark Knight on Blu-ray.

I still love this film, yeah its a bit long but its such a great storyline and the actors are excellent.

Iron Man on blu-ray.

Another great film, some good lol moments provided by Downey Jr and generally entertaining.

Ollie

CF Legend
Wallace and Gromit: Matter of loaf and death:
Great to see Wallace and Gromit back again. It's amazing how much they can pack into half an hour and it feels much longer (in a good way). It was on quite late at night which I thought was weird as it's intended to be a family film. But it was very dark for Wallace and Gromit and a couple of scenes I thought "Yeah that may not be suitable for young people". An example of this is when the girl dog gets abused and beaten by it's owner while you hear it 'yelp' helplessly.
Anyway... It was still a great film and had lots of laugh out loud moments and hidden jokes. The scene at the end with the bomb was fantastic and literally ended the film with a bang. :lol:
Also there were a lot of hidden references to other films (including past Wallace and Gromit films). How many times did you spot the penguin from 'The Wrong Trousers'? I counted at least three times.
Great addition to the collection and Aardman really know how to please the audience. Worth viewing if you can get hold of it. :)
9/10

Madagascar:
Only previously seen the first half hour or so of this.
It's alright and is actually quite a good film. But it relies on sudden random segments (which more and more people seem to find funny these days). It has some funny bits and the characters all have their unique personality's.
6.5/10

^Wow, great selection of films there Taylor. I fancy watching Blazing Saddles now *ponders*

Haha, I know, like, my mom got me a really good selection of movies for Christmas because she knows the type I like.

But, I never expected to find two new movies that could make my top like, twenty list.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I'm in the middle of watching House of a 1000 Corpses. I. Love. This. Movie.

Also saw Blair Witch Project yesterday which I also really enjoyed, I've wanted to see it for agggges and I finally got it for Xmas. Really psychological and just evil, real macabre atmoshpere the whole way through, I was really freaked out. My boyfriend on the other hand said 'it's crap nothing happens'. Well, each to their own I guess.

And no Tay I haven't read the books but I keep intending too, I didn't want to jump on the 'I've seen the film now I must read the book' bandwagon, I think I'll wait a bit.

Ollie

CF Legend
Forgot one review from yesterday...

Lion King:
My grandma brought round the old tapes we had in Wales. Among this pile was the Lion King which I haven't seen for ages and wanted to see again.
It was still pretty good. The songs are nice and catchy and fun to sing along to. And the characters are good as well. This is probably one of my favourite classic Disney films when it was all hand drawn and it followed emotions ect.
Great film and is still good now. Must watch at least once in your lifetime. :)
8/10

nadroJ

CF Legend
^What do you mean by hand-drawn? Like 2-D animation? Because even then after the initial character concepts are established most of the film is put together by computers, if it were all done by hand it'd take forever =]

I've come to realise that I really don't like watching videos. After being spoilt by about five years of DVD I find the sound and picture quality grainy and irritating. I also hate that you can't pause them properly.

Also saw Blair Witch Project yesterday which I also really enjoyed, I've wanted to see it for agggges and I finally got it for Xmas. Really psychological and just evil, real macabre atmoshpere the whole way through, I was really freaked out. My boyfriend on the other hand said 'it's crap nothing happens'. Well, each to their own I guess.

Good girl :lol: . It seems people either like it, or they don't, so I'm glad we both feel the same way :p .

peep

CF Legend
Watched Howl's moving castle earlier on tv.

Its the first time I've seen it the whole way through, I thoroughly enjoyed it and the animation was excellent. The story was a bit strange but it was enjoyable.

Rating: 4/5

nadroJ

CF Legend
^How good is that film, brilliantly animated and even still good when dubbed (Christian Bale ftw). I could watch that again and again.

I think Blair Witch Project appeals to the female state of mind then, whereas males tend to need to have something gory and obvious happening in front of them to be scared. Pfft, no imagination whatsoever. =]

peep

CF Legend
Recently got back from seeing Yes Man at the cinema.

It was an ok film I suppose. Jim Carey was very good in it. I wasn't able to fully enjoy the film due to the amount of cringe-worthy moments and cringe moments usually put me off a film. Nice storyline etc, good for a couple of laughs.

Rating: 3/5

kimahri

CF Legend
3 Movies in one day.

First was Howl's Moving Castle on DVD. It is awesome. like all of the Ghibli films I have.

Next was Batman Begins. Twas great. Not as good as TDK but still good.

Finally The Orphanage. It was... Alright I suppose. Not exactly scary but still it was alright.

Ah well. Cloverfield, 2001 and Pan's Labyrinth left.

^ I was just saying I feel bad for you, because it's a crappy movie, so respect my opinion as well. Besides, it's not like I said you were wrong, I just said I didn't think it was great.

Dave

CF Legend
The_Wrestler_poster.jpg

Looks so good.

kimahri

CF Legend
SnooSnoo said:
No one listens to your opinion on movies anyway Taylor.

:p

+1

Anyhoo.

I Watched Pan's Labyrinth this very Kim morning (in other words when I woke up at 3 PM) which may not be the best time to watch a new movie.

So yah. POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNING WHICH IS SOMETHING TAYLOR DOES NOT DO AND SPOILED A BIT OF THE ORPHANAGE FOR ME!

I found this like The Orphanage a very... sad movie. Which brings up a few Questions. Did Ofelia actually become the Princess or was she just halucinating as she died? Was Pan the Faun since the name Pan is never said through out the movie... I thin. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Chelsea Smile ftw.

So yah. It was good. Better than The Orphanage.

And A Series of Unfortunate Events is on TV <3

Ben

CF Legend
Was Pan the Faun since the name Pan is never said through out the movie... I thin.

I think so. The original Spanish title is El Laberinto del Fauno, or the Faun's Labyrinth. Everywhere other than English speaking countries it's translated as this, because they feared people would think it was about a deer... The character of Pan isn't listed as the same as the Faun on IMDB, but, it's not listed anywhere...

I have no real idea, but, that would be my guess.