What's new

"Now Showing"

Griffin

Roller Poster
Haha. I quite liked the concept of cloverfield and I liked the film, it just hurt my eyes in parts.
I watched Diary of The Dead recently, which is in the same vein, just a George Romero zombie film and, personally, I'm a big fan of his work and zombie films in general (don't ask me why) and I think the directing, 'handheld camera/pov' style and zombie genre combined made quite a good film imo
8/10

^^How can Cloverfeild not be realistic? Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it's crap.

I don't mean it's crap because it's not realistic; heck, my two favourite movies are Labyrinth and Wizard of Oz, and those are so far from realistic it's not even funny. I'm just saying, I liked the more subtle way and psychological way that Blair Witch scared me rather than Cloverfield which was a big, in your face monster. Cloverfield also didn't creep me out; Blair Witch is one of the only movies that can, because the unknown is one of the scariest things out there.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
LiveForTheLaunch said:
because the unknown is one of the scariest things out there.

No, that accolade is reserved for your posts Taylor! ;)

Erm, watched National Treasure The first one.

It was rubbish, but thoroughly good fun rubbish! My brain didn't need any level of taxing at all. Great stuff :)

Ollie

CF Legend
Oh that reminds me that a few days back I watched Sahara on T.V.
It was a very 'meh' film some good moments but mostly 'meh' :p
6.1/10

Ollie

CF Legend
Also on Flixter, someone read my 'Alien' review and send me a message.

My review said:
Now everyone's probably going to have a massive go at me for what I'm about to say but it is my personal opinion.

Finally got round to seeing Alien (The first original one).

What a load of tripe. The story's rubbish, the acting is pathetic, and it's so predictable it's unbelievable. I was really looking forward to this because of how everyone was saying that it was such a great film.
The only good thing I can think off is the sets which are pretty good.
I could of used those two hours to do something much better.

And his message:
Comment.png

Haha, ****ing Emo. :p

Griffin

Roller Poster
Jeez. Drama Queen much. I think it's a good film, but I like a bit of cheese with my flicks, I'm not too bothered if it's a little predictable

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
furie said:
LiveForTheLaunch said:
because the unknown is one of the scariest things out there.

No, that accolade is reserved for your posts Taylor! ;)

LiveForTheLaunch said:

Context Taylor...

The scariest thing is not the unknown, it's your posts. It's a joke - see?

#It's time to play the music, it's time to light the light the lights#

John91

Mega Poster
After all the recent argument, I saw The Blair Witch Project...
HAHAHAHAHAHA that film was so bad it was funny. There was NOTHING scary about it. I can't understand what was supposed to be so good about it. The ending was especially lame.
Joins my list of most hated films alongside Scary Movie 4 and Hulk.
0.0000000000000000000000000000000000001/10

mrclam

Giga Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
(real as in, the directors shook the tent and scared the crap out of the actors). At least that's what I heard.

So the directors shook the tent to scare the actors.. who didnt know it was coming.. Despite the fact one of them had the camera rolling and pointing at them... :lol:

Blair witch was is and always will be poo.

The fact the 2nd movie is infinitely superior as a film - despite itself being a bag of old mans willies... Says a lot about the first one.

:wink:

Joins my list of most hated films alongside Scary Movie 4 and Hulk.

You think they're bad? I got drunkenly dragged along to see "disaster movie" on the weekend..

Sort of thing only taylor and snoo snoo would like... :lol:

(sorry taylor.. dont mean to pick on you..)

John91

Mega Poster
Smelly said:
You think they're bad? I got drunkenly dragged along to see "disaster movie" on the weekend..
Wow, not even being drunk could improve it. Then again the only thing that could improve that crap is a refund.

mrclam

Giga Poster
John91 said:
Smelly said:
Wow, not even being drunk could improve it. Then again the only thing that could improve that crap is a refund.

I only went as everyone else was going, and i'd had a tad to drink and smoke

I think i fell asleep at one point too..

Ollie

CF Legend
Hairspray:
I don't know what all the fuss about. It lasted WAY too long for it's own good and took about an hour before I thought it was starting to get watchable. The songs aren't as catchy as other musicals I've seen, but the dancing was pretty colourful. It was weird to see how racist it was but I guess it got away with it as that's what it was like in the 60's.
It was alright. But don't think I'll want to see it again.
6/10

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Ollie said:
Hairspray:
I don't know what all the fuss about. It lasted WAY too long for it's own good and took about an hour before I thought it was starting to get watchable. The songs aren't as catchy as other musicals I've seen, but the dancing was pretty colourful. It was weird to see how racist it was but I guess it got away with it as that's what it was like in the 60's.
It was alright. But don't think I'll want to see it again.
6/10

Finally, someone else who thinks Hairspray is a **** musical!

Ollie

CF Legend
^Yup. It just dragged on and on. And it was just stupid like one big joke.
Also I never knew Zac Effron (probably spelt that wrong but ah well) was in it until the credits came up. So it shows how much he stood out if he's as good as people say he is. :lol:

Ollie

CF Legend
^I know, but they had to be racist so that the girl could go against it.
It was still a **** film.

Anyway I really want to see this.
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Lcfj4i9yhyo[/youtube]
Even if the film is rubbish the sets and props look awesome. :p