What's new

NoLimits Competition #1 - Take THAT Intamin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jer

Strata Poster
Hopefully "edit the station" is a fancy way of saying "you can change the pre-lift as long as the lift stay the same"

Xpress

Strata Poster
Snoo said:
Btw.. kinda new to this kids.. so the next comp will obviously be more detailed. AND I may let tools happen.. maybe.

Good, because I believe that it should be up to the BUILDER as to how he creates his masterpiece, as long as it's within the competition rules.

Snoo

The Legend
Hand building isn't that tough. Smoothing is fine.. and a dead line should help you build faster. :D

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
^ It does but I have severe procrastination problems when it comes to supports and it usually will take me a month to support a reasonably small coaster unless it's for a comp. and even then it still cuts it really close with deadlines.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Lets hope my health issues don't get in the way of this one. I want to finish a competition for once :?

Intricks said:
^ Question, why get your panties in a knot about it?

Switching between the hideouts'...

Answer: It's discriminating against what people want to use to build their rides. So **** what if the ride is smooth as glass. A smooth as glass coaster does NOT guarantee a win!! We should be aware of that by now.

Snoo

The Legend
Bottom_Feeder_13 said:
^ It does but I have severe procrastination problems when it comes to supports and it usually will take me a month to support a reasonably small coaster unless it's for a comp. and even then it still cuts it really close with deadlines.

Then suck it up and get it done. ;)

A

Anonymous

Xpress said:
Good, because I believe that it should be up to the BUILDER as to how he creates his masterpiece, as long as it's within the competition rules.
On a normal project, then yes I totally agree with you. But this is a competition and it's the person that is running the competition that says what you should do. If he says "Use Newton to build a coaster" then you should use Newton, If he were to say "no tools" then of course no tools would be allowed, it's really that simple...

If it were a tool competition then I could completely understand the use of tools to make the ride, however this is a NoLimits competition which means that you should use NoLimits to make your ride. Using tools is somewhat like using using patterns in Project Runway, it gives you an edge to everyone else to easier make a ride/garment to everyone else, which is a bit unfair to be honest...

To finish this up, if you want to increase the chance of getting a good score then go for all the extra points, I mean it's 10 points for free, just by doing some extra work, it could be the difference between winning and loosing.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Snoo says "no tools" and Xpress immediately thinks he's being discriminated against..? Hmmmmmm... ;) :lol:

kimahri

CF Legend
LMAO Xpress.

May get no limits back and give this try. Just one question. Can I do the things you said not to do on my ride cause you love me? :3

Snoo

The Legend
furie said:
Snoo says "no tools" and Xpress immediately thinks he's being discriminated against..? Hmmmmmm... ;) :lol:

I've always been racist against tools. Hanging out in my part of town, using my water fountain, eating in my restaurants, taking jobs of us hard working citizens.. those tools need to be total wiped out so us hand builders can be the master race!

Xpress

Strata Poster
Just so we are all aware... Improved Friction is turned OFF. So if you're wondering why your pacing is sucking so badly even though you have consecutively made your inversions smaller and smaller, then that is why :)

Error

Strata Poster
Oh **** how did I miss this?

And lol at Xpress whining. Typical that he doesn't want to actually do work and play fair :p

Xpress

Strata Poster
Of course Error would know what it takes to make a ride with a program, because he has extensive knowledge with them :roll:

Error

Strata Poster
Just because I don't use them doesn't mean I know how to. I just like to feel pride in my work instead of just getting it done as fast as possible.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Yay almost done with my track!! :D

Error said:
Just because I don't use them doesn't mean I know how to. I just like to feel pride in my work instead of just getting it done as fast as possible.

Clearly you don't know how to use them then :?

Error

Strata Poster
Ok, I'll make this simple and clear:

We're here to have fun. So let us have fun and stop whining.

Status
Not open for further replies.