What's new

NoLimits Competition #1 - Take THAT Intamin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoo

The Legend
NoLimits Competition #1 - Take THAT Intamin! - B&M Mega Looper

NLComp1Screen.jpg

Welcome to the first competition run by Snoo. You'll find the old NL Comps that Dave ran are pretty much the same.

The ladies at B&M have contracted us to throw together a sexy beast of a coaster with at least 6 inversions. They wish for the ride to be over 3,500ft long and feature a 2 train or more operation. No boundary has been set, so feel free to roam!

-------------------------

Ratings:

The ride will be rated out of 10 for a total of 50pts on the following categories:

• Building Technique
    Originality
    Realism
    Excitement
    User Ratings

Bonus Points:

10 bonus points will be distributed to each of the following achievements:

• 6,000ft length - 3 pts
    8-10 inversions - 3pts
    3 train operation without stacking - 2pts
    11+ inversions - 2pts

Rules:

• NO 3DS
    NO TOOLS
    3,500ft minimum
    5 inversion minimum
    At least two train operation

You can edit the station but not the lift hill.
    The amount of cars is 6, but can be up to 9.
    Yes you can change the color scheme.

Due Date

October 8th, 2011 at 10pm GST, 5pm EST

File:

http://www.coasterforce.com/SnooSnoo/NL ... p1.nltrack

Send completed track to:

johnsonma@tiffin.edu

OFF MY MINIONS!

Xpress

Strata Poster
DEAR LORD that lift hill is atrocious!! Please tell me we can at least smooth it out a little? :?

/ocd

Snoo

The Legend
Xpress said:
DEAR LORD that lift hill is atrocious!!

Hey, took it from one of the rides I got from NL. ;)

jjjjustin said:
Can we change the terrain, like add mountains?

Yes sir. Not going to do much besides make it look pretty.. but sure. :p

Xpress

Strata Poster
So, we can't move the station and lift segments... But can we lengthen the station to allow for an 8 car configuration?

Snoo

The Legend
LOL! Kinda new.. yay! Well nevermind.. you can edit the damn station but not lift hill. :p

Jer

Strata Poster
I'm in, despite my horrible history with B&M.

wait wait wait, no editing the lift hill, can I remove and replace the auto-supports?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
What about lifthill speed? Can we change that? Also, since there is the bonus for 6,000 feet, can we have launch segment, or second lifthill? Any restrictions like that?

Snoo

The Legend
You guys must have missed that whole 'me explaining the rules' and stuff in the first post. ;)

You can change supports.. as they are different from the lift hill segment. As for a second lift hill or launch.. nope. I think you should have enough speed with 172ft of hill love.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Are we allowed to change the segment that comes after the lift hill? I don't want to use a pre-drop section, but will if it is against the rules to change that.

Reason I'm asking is it is part of the given track, but it isn't an actual change TO the lift hill....I don't want to be disqualified for a technicality.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Bottom_Feeder_13 said:
What do you mean by no tools, does it mean no AHG, Purg, HSAK, Elementary, and/or Newton?

No Purgatorium, no AHG, no Newton, no Newton 2, no Elementary, no construction kit, no nothing. If it isn't built by hand, it's not accepted, which I find to be a COMPLETELY unfair and biased rule. Just because someone built a track using Newton 2 doesn't mean it's going to be better than everything else. A ride should be judged FIRST by how thrilling it was, and how original it is- everything else comes after.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
All my questions were answered. Thank God we can change the station. It would have irritated me having a B&M with an inclined station and brake run, since all B&Ms use level stations and brakes and tire drives.

A

Anonymous

People need to reed the rules here:
Snoo said:

Good luck Snoo, you're going to need it :)
Don't think that I will take a part of this, since I have no urge at the moment, maybe in the future...
Also, good luck to everyone that are taking part!!

Jer

Strata Poster
Xpress said:
Bottom_Feeder_13 said:
What do you mean by no tools, does it mean no AHG, Purg, HSAK, Elementary, and/or Newton?

No Purgatorium, no AHG, no Newton, no Newton 2, no Elementary, no construction kit, no nothing. If it isn't built by hand, it's not accepted, which I find to be a COMPLETELY unfair and biased rule. Just because someone built a track using Newton 2 doesn't mean it's going to be better than everything else. A ride should be judged FIRST by how thrilling it was, and how original it is- everything else comes after.

Cry about it some more, we all want to hear it, oh wait, no we dont, we dont give a ****. If you dont like how a competition is judged, here is a novel idea, dont enter. I'm tired of hearing people complain about stupid **** that can be solved in the simplest way.

Intricks

Strata Poster
^ But they feel it is giving the free handers an advantage because we take time to do things as proper as we can instead of letting a program do all the work for us.

Ugh...had this same exact drama when a comp was on the other site I am on *eye roll* As Jer said, dont like it, dont whine about it. Other competitions will happen and Im sure the use of tools will be allowed in those.

Please note the sarcasm for the first part.

Switching between the hideouts'...

Snoo

The Legend
Btw.. kinda new to this kids.. so the next comp will obviously be more detailed. AND I may let tools happen.. maybe.

Intricks said:
Are we allowed to change the segment that comes after the lift hill? I don't want to use a pre-drop section, but will if it is against the rules to change that.

Reason I'm asking is it is part of the given track, but it isn't an actual change TO the lift hill....I don't want to be disqualified for a technicality.

That's fine. I figured if you wanted to change it, you could. After all, it isn't part of the lift hill. :D

loefet said:
People need to reed the rules here:
Snoo said:

Good luck Snoo, you're going to need it :)
Don't think that I will take a part of this, since I have no urge at the moment, maybe in the future...
Also, good luck to everyone that are taking part!!

haha I noticed. Sad though.. I'll miss you! :D

A

Anonymous

^^ You mean that you have to actually rate all the tracks instead of just declare me the winner :p

Anyway, as I said, good luck everyone and have a blast!!

Status
Not open for further replies.