What's new

No Limits Help, Information and Requests

peely

Roller Poster
^ You just create a load of free nodes in parallel with each other and connect them up with flat wooden beams along side each other.

As in

woodkj8.jpg

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, but those catwalks look completely different and can be stretched. I'd rather use them, but I'll consider the alternative.

Thanks!

Dave

CF Legend
Ive got a problem with Vista and No Limits, its not letting me select nodes and moving them. Does anyone know how i can remedy this?

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
blaze123: For number one, just press "0" and it'll start recording. And for two, there are, but you have to download them, not sure where from though.

A

Anonymous

^ ^^ While doing your recording, be sure that you are in the resolution that you want to record in. since it will record in the selected resolution. So you will end up with very large files if you run at full resolution.

Jambo

Roller Poster
Does anybody know where i can get christmassy objects from. EG candy canes or anything to do with christmas to download. Im no good at making my own andjust wondering if anybody has made any or has any links to any downloads for them.

thanks

jambo

Xpress

Strata Poster
^Nope. You're going to have to make them on your own. Try to use wings 3D, which is the simplest. Make a ring, cut it in half, then add a tube the same diameter, with the same number of faces, then merge the two. Then you can try to color it.

As for a steel auto suporter, it only workes with tracks with a high node count, meaning you would have to have used AHG in order for it to work right.

A

Anonymous

Xpress said:
Make a ring, cut it in half, then add a tube the same diameter, with the same number of faces, then merge the two. Then you can try to color it.
There is a simpler way to do this.
First make a torus, cut it in half and then extrude on of the ends to a suitable length.

trav

Mega Poster
This might sound like a stupid question, but is there any way to launch a coaster other than the station launch?

For example, I want to create something like Velocity at Flamingo Land, which wouldn't work if I used the station launch.

A

Anonymous

^ If you want a standing launch, just create a brake section and check the "Complete stop", add how many seconds it should be stationary, and then enable the transport device on the brake-run, then check the "Launch" and decide how much force you want to launch the train with.
Then add a transport/lift section to get up to speed.

Xpress

Strata Poster
^No, use a brake segment to launch the train. This way, if E-stop is pressed, the track will remain accelerating. I turn the block segment off, so it's basically just a transport.

A

Anonymous

There is 2 ways.

1. The "old" terraformer have an export function that export the track and terrain to a 3ds object, this is very crude and the result don't look near as good as the coaster in NL. It's however still very useful to use as a guide in the program you use to create you 3ds objects for the rest of the track. It's available on NLDC, etc.

2. The full version of "The Construction Kit" can export the complete track, supports, etc. into an object that is very close to the real thing. But since there is no way to get the full version anylonger, the best way would be to ask anyone that have to do that for you.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Ok this is probably a bad question because I haven't checked the NL help for this, but I don't remember it being there...

How do you retexture trains?

I know how to colour them, but how do you remove the NL logo and/or add logos/patterns of your own?

Xpress

Strata Poster
^You simply open up photoshop, load the cartexture into it that you are going to use, and then remove the NL logo using an eraser tool. Then, you add in your own logo or leave it blank, save the file as a .PNG inside of the NoLimits Coaster Cartexture folder, and then go and open it up inside of the editor.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Well, I decided to learn circle building some time ago. Which nearly got me thrown out of a comp.

However, awesome as it may be, I have not completely understood the premises. First, I tried to "circulate" a turn around the heartline. And the track became really pumpy.

Then, in the next comp, I tried having the inner rail of the track itself go along the circle. And it turned out somewhat smooth, but doesn't help me with banking (but hey, one has to do something oneself, right?)

And today, I saw that the shapes are meant to be aligned with the heartline. So somewhere, I have mocked it up and misunderstood. Can anyone write a short guide on how to use the track shapes, and/or where to use which?

Thanks a lot!

Lain

Giga Poster
^On a similar note - if those parabolic shapes and circles and things are available for download somewhere, a link would be very much appreciated.