What's new

NL Competition 9 2013 - Lose Your Lunch

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
kvomkb6hnli19l800ccdg1.jpg

Spinning coasters are a great addition to any small to medium sized theme park. With improving technology, it is only a matter of time before we see more and more inversions on spinning coasters.

Rules:
-No tools
-No 3Ds
-Ride must have at least one (1) inversion of your choosing
-You may use either the Maurer Sohne spinning trains or the Guerstlauer spinning trains. Please DO NOT use the Reverchon spinning trains as not everybody has NL1.8.

Ctrl+g and iSmooth are encouraged. Feel free to add terrain and water features! Judging criteria is the same:

Technique - 10 points
Realism - 10 points
Originality - 10 points
Adrenaline - 10 points
Aesthetics - 5 points
User ratings - 10 points

Total - 55 points

NOTE: I'm going to be even more critical about originality points this time. You as a designer must keep your rides unique from your other rides. That means don't be afraid to experiment with new elements, color schemes, and theming/scenery. After eight contests, it is getting relatively easy to determine who did what ride simply based on obvious styles. Also, there are no size constraints - build as tall, fast, long and sprawling as you'd like.

Due date: September 7th, 2013

Please send all tracks with your USERNAME to marcantinossi [at] gmail [dot] com.

Template download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?83vyk3jl38urmv1

Good luck to those competing! If anybody has any questions, ask in the topic.

SFOGRICH

Roller Poster
I didn't see the Reverchon trains in mine, but I did see a Zamperla one. OK to use that one, or is that the Reverchon one? (I don't know the various spinning car manufacturers as well as some of the other types!) :)

metalhead7

Mega Poster
SFOGRICH said:
I didn't see the Reverchon trains in mine, but I did see a Zamperla one. OK to use that one, or is that the Reverchon one? (I don't know the various spinning car manufacturers as well as some of the other types!) :)

Reverchon Trains = Zamperla Trains

Different companies but for the sake on NL they're the same. So no I don't think you can use them.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
iSmooth is Loefet's (old CF member who was a bit of a boss on NL) smoothing technique. I wouldn't worry about it much for now, I'll try to dig out his post about it and maybe repost it in it's own topic tomorrow.

And Newton.

I might give this one a shot... dun dun duuuuuuun

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Metalhead7 is correct about the coaches.

No Newton. iSmooth is a technique where one straightens consecutive segments and then ctrl+g's all of those segments to give a butter smooth hand built ride. I would wait for Hixee to dig up a post though.

Do it, Hixee!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
OK, so I found Loefet's post, its not quite as expansive as I thought it would be.

So I might try and knock up a short guide tomorrow and explain it a bit further.

kimahri

CF Legend
I've nearly finished my rush job. :D

It's probably **** since I have to finish like, 2 weeks before the dead line...

BBH

Giga Poster
I'm not going to try it, but I'll definitely rate the rides as it'll be interesting to see the different ways people incorporate the inversion into their rides.

I expect to see a lot of cutbacks and barrel rolls. :lol:

Treeis

Mega Poster
I really tried at this and had a good go...but I just couldn't make it work. Maybe next competition eh?