What's new

Nigloland | Krampus Expedition | Mack Water Coaster | 2021

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Well that sure is a thing.

I wonder if those jolts in the first drop are from poor camerawork or if they've not actually solved the problem from all those years ago...

Rupert

Mega Poster
I know what you mean. It also looks infinitely smoother than Poseidon so glad to see that Mack appear to have resolved the incredibly rough track from years before.

After watching the POV I also get why they didn’t add the MCBR, but you do have to wonder what this has done to throughout. I wonder if they could retrofit a block section in in a few years if they need to.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I don't think that the coaster section is long enough to justify a MCBR. As you can tell, as soon as the boat has cleared the splash area, the next one is ready to crest the lift hill. Unless they had a double station like Poseidon there's no point in having a block brake section, mainly because the dispatch rate is never going to be short enough for a boat to be stuck on the lift hill waiting for the previous one to clear the block ahead.

Plus I seem to recall that the owner of Nigloland specifically asked to avoid those block sections so as not to break the flow of the ride (and probably make the ride easier to maintain and operate).

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I believe the ride only has 6 cars anyway? There doesn't appear to be enough space on the track for an MCBR there anyway, so it clearly wasn't needed.

Ries

Mega Poster
The theming is actually quite nice
The slow end bit of the ride could benefit from some sort of moving theming. To make it more exciting.
But the rock work, wooden bridge and buildings looking good.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think this is open now. RCDB and the park's website appear to imply so, anyway.

Unstuck.