What's new

New rides @ small parks

Boodangy

Mega Poster
Oh wow... That absolutely CRAAAWLS into that second lift hill which with the transitions just screams more friction than should (you saw this with those ancient chinese SLC copies, they would crawl into the brakes because they crash and bang throughout the coaster) be there. If I rode this as a park exec I'd be sure not to go with SBF for anything bigger than a figure 8 spinner.

Edit: Also interesting design decision to have over the head lap bars like an intamin multilaunch?

Intamin Forever

Mega Poster
Norwegian Cruise Line has announced that their new Aqua ship will include the world-premiere of Wiegand’s crazy Slide Coaster attraction when it launches in April 2025. The slides use an actual roller coaster track to push boats from behind and accelerate them up an single incline.
View attachment 28152

See the concept below from about four years ago;
You beat me to it…I was gonna put a post out as soon as the announcement of the ship went out. I might as well show you all what the whole ship looks like anyways:

Attachments

• IMG_3595.jpeg
    IMG_3595.jpeg
    128.1 KB · Views: 71

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Seabreeze Amusement Park in Rochester, New York, is getting a Zamperla Windstarz for 2024. It's the first new attraction at the park since Time Machine, a Technical Park Super Miami (Wisdom Genesis style ride), opened in 2017. The Seabreeze Flyers, a Bisch Rocco (now Larson) Flying Scooters ride that opened in 1944, is being retired to make room for the new attraction. Source

SeabreezeWindstarz.jpg

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Seabreeze Amusement Park in Rochester, New York, is getting a Zamperla Windstarz for 2024. It's the first new attraction at the park since Time Machine, a Technical Park Super Miami (Wisdom Genesis style ride), opened in 2017. The Seabreeze Flyers, a Bisch Rocco (now Larson) Flying Scooters ride that opened in 1944, is being retired to make room for the new attraction. Source

View attachment 28710
What a bummer. I'm happy the park is getting some investment, but as a local removing the (now) best best ride in the park for a windstarz is not what I want to be seeing.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Kinda cool to see Polyp rides finally making their way to the US. A few parks (Dorney, WOF?, CP) still have Monsters, but these being able to load all at once are definitely an improvement. SFA had one and Great America might still but that's basically it

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Kinda cool to see Polyp rides finally making their way to the US. A few parks (Dorney, WOF?, CP) still have Monsters, but these being able to load all at once are definitely an improvement. SFA had one and Great America might still but that's basically it
Load time instantly improved 100000000000%

bigmac1789

Roller Poster
Yes, I agree, but overall they are way more comfortable and ops don't have to lift the foot well. My thing with Monsters is the sitting position, It makes me feel claustrophobic a little bit.

bigmac1789

Roller Poster
Legoland New York has announced "Mini Figure Skyride" a Doppelmayr (Its actually a Leitner-Poma) ski lift attraction!
The park has also partnered with Belleayre Mountain, and converted 2 of the gondolas on their Gondola Lift, to give families a sneak peak of this new attraction!
30013.jpg1707840243277.png

Last edited:

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Legoland New York has announced "Mini Figure Skyride" a Doppelmayr ski lift attraction!
The park has also partnered with Belleayre Mountain, and converted 2 of the gondolas on their Gondola Lift, to give families a sneak peak of this new attraction!
View attachment 29827View attachment 29828
Windsor needs that, at first I thought the concept art WAS of the hill down to the park from the entrance of Windsor!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Legoland New York has announced "Mini Figure Skyride" a Doppelmayr ski lift attraction!
View attachment 29827View attachment 29828
@bigmac1789 - Jason Pennypacker, aka New Jersey Coasters, replied to our Facebook post that it's not a Doppelmyr attraction. Where did you get that info?