What's new

New rides @ small parks

Fleetwood_Mack

Mega Poster
I wouldn't get your hopes up for anything new in the thrill department at BPP. Their last thrill ride was an Air Race, over a decade ago. It really feels like they're doing the literal bare minimum to keep the big rides going until they die and can also replace them with family rides. The current owners focus has 100% been on families. Just look at what they did to The Ultimate up at LWV!

I was on the pier yesterday on uncle duties and I think I also said this last year but I've lived here my whole life and never seen the place looking worse! Crazy Mouse operating covered and scaffolding and looking/riding like it's about to collapse into the sea [the whole "ARGH we're going to fly off into the sea" thing has gone from part of the fun to being a genuine concern!] and Turbo also looking very sorry for itself with half the sign missing, rust, more rust, one lone train screeching its way around. Their days must be numbered and I really am not optimistic that either will be replaced with anything similar. Screenshot 2023-08-05 at 10.19.02.png

embean01

Roller Poster
Has anyone seen the new dark ride at Funtown Splashtown U.S.A? It looks really good, even for sally dark ride standards. Its crazy to me that this park was able to somehow afford something this polished considering how small the park is. It has multiple audio animatronics, projection effects, all with no trace of that typical cheap cutout feel that some other sally dark rides have (as charming as they can be at times)

DJddog5

Roller Poster
Has anyone seen the new dark ride at Funtown Splashtown U.S.A? It looks really good, even for sally dark ride standards. Its crazy to me that this park was able to somehow afford something this polished considering how small the park is. It has multiple audio animatronics, projection effects, all with no trace of that typical cheap cutout feel that some other sally dark rides have (as charming as they can be at times)
I rode it last week, it's a great ride and the perfect fit for the park.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Apparently Lakeside Amusement Park managed to open a roller coaster this year! Specifically, their Zyklon replacement coaster they've been constructing the last few years. Zero clue what's going on at Lakeside, but coasters haven't operated throughout this year - quite puzzling!

Niles

Giga Poster
Rasti-Land were meant to have a new SBF family boomerang model for 2023 for their 50th anniversary, however construction has only just got underway with a 2024 opening now expected. Honestly the coaster is looking pretty good for an SBF, looks well made compared to what they normal do. Pictures are from a user on Coasterfriends.

1.jpeg
2.jpeg
3.jpeg
5.jpeg
4.jpeg

Boodangy

Mega Poster
Rasti-Land were meant to have a new SBF family boomerang model for 2023 for their 50th anniversary
Wow I had no idea SBF was entering the family boomerang market too. Glad to see them try larger coasters again and someone's given them a chance, I don't think many people have bought coasters from them besides their small kiddie coasters for a while despite them technically offering full size spinners and such.

The_bullgod

Mega Poster
Wow I had no idea SBF was entering the family boomerang market too. Glad to see them try larger coasters again and someone's given them a chance, I don't think many people have bought coasters from them besides their small kiddie coasters for a while despite them technically offering full size spinners and such.
It only does look a lot like a one-on-one copy of the Gerstlauer coaster

TilenB

Strata Poster
Nothing major here, but Slovenia's first coaster zipline is coming along nicely and is on track to open for the coming winter season. This ski resort is also the one that opened the country's first alpine coaster back in 2004. Hopefully others will follow suit this time round as well.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
The SBF boomerang going to Rasti-Land is complete with trains on the track, see more images here Coasterfriends, I'm very interested in how this thing will run.

View attachment 27068
View attachment 27069
View attachment 27070
View attachment 27071
View attachment 27072
View attachment 27073
SBF have just spun off their entire coaster devision into a new entity called Visacoaster including some great new boomerang concepts

Freak Out Boomerang is the first one released

The Rocket Boomerang, Orbiter Boomerang, Rebound Boomerang and Shift Gear (The one seen at Rasti-Land) all have images with details listed as coming soon. Which can be seen here

The lightwave launched coaster also has a video here

with a ton of other new designs found here

New Mega-Kids Coaster models here

Dueling coasters here

A huge step up for them i reckon

note - I tried to post videos directly into the thread but SBF have set their privacy settings to stop this