What's new

New rides @ small parks

DMP were supposed to get an air race to go in the gap near the Black Revolver/chicken shop. Looks like Brighton will beat them to the exclusive. Can't wait for the updates.

Re: The Joker - Six Flags Mexico

Jason Voorhees said:
A new Gerstlaurer Spinning Coaster opened at Six Flags Mexico in Mexico City, Mexico. It's Pandemonium from Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, just repainted, rethemed, and better than ever.

This coaster has my favorite color scheme of all time. This is also one of the best themed coasters in the world, it looks AWESOME!

I am not sure about the re-theming, but it's neat to hear that someone else likes this type of ride.
Believe it or not, "Tony Hawk's Big Spin" at Six Flags Fiesta Texas had such an impact that it's still in
my top 20.

Martyn B said:
What's going on with the Air Race at Brighton Pier? Cant find any info on it anywhere...

This is quoted from Thorpe Park Mania

"The new Zamperla Air Race arrived last night and is the trailer mounted Air Race 8.2 model. Opening date unknown as of yet, though it could be any day now seeing as it's trailer mounted."

It was supposed to open this month, don't know what the delay is, I'm sure it will open before the summer holidays.

I didn't even realise the UK was getting one, that's fantastic. Out of curiosity, has anybody rode one and if so, what's the experience like?

^ Ridden two and found them to be decent fun, if a bit repetitive. They're nowhere near as nauseating as they look.

I've also ridden two (Luna Park at Coney Island and Lagoon in Utah) and like Gavin, I found them fun without any spin & spew feeling.

Here's the one at Luna Park (for those not familiar with the ride):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KONbMWGrCQ[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrHOGcLmzhc[/youtube]

Like the rest I found them fun but repetitive. Their most prominent feature is obviously the looks, especially Aquila at Tivoli Gardens is a very pretty ride!

Wickie Land at Plopsaland de Panne had it's grand opening today, and was really good, will do a report on here as soon as possible including video

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but Brean have got themselves a Top Scan, called Speed Wave

speed-wave.jpg

http://www.funcitybrean.co.uk/speed-wave/

CookieCoasters said:
I haven't been, but brean do seem to have a decent flat ride collection

The Booster is good, but the rest are dreadful. They're all tame, smaller versions of decent fairground ones. Actually, the Afterburner is good too come to think about it.

Oh, and fantastic Ghost Train.

Everything else though is really tame and kind of midi-sized.

Ian said:
DMP were supposed to get an air race to go in the gap near the Black Revolver/chicken shop. Looks like Brighton will beat them to the exclusive. Can't wait for the updates.

You do know there getting a roller coaster right ?

Adamsayzlol said:
Ian said:

You do know there getting a roller coaster right ?

They will at some point, no doubt. They've been saying about a new coaster for years though (even before Ben 10 and Ben 10 wasn't included in that discussion).

There will be a coaster at Drayton, but it's all complete rumour at the moment and there is nothing guaranteed. Please, don't keep mistaking pretty rumours for truth.