What's new

New Nickelodeon Land for Blackpool

Lofty

CF Legend
I remember seeing Mack posting on their Facebook paga that they've already started testing their new water ride. I just thought that Blackpool were the only ones who had bought one. Obviously not if you look at this.. Lol.

alexr

Hyper Poster
-lofty- said:
I remember seeing Mack posting on their Facebook paga that they've already started testing their new water ride. I just thought that Blackpool were the only ones who had bought one. Obviously not if you look at this.. Lol.
They could be testing it before it goes to pbb, Happens quite a lot, I have a feeling the ride may have a lot of downtime thought.

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ I dont think a mini rapids ride would require any sort of pretesting, surely? Its a pretty basic ride.

Thanks for posting the pics, they show off just how big of a project this is for the PB!

Emmett

Giga Poster
Are they still turning Space Invader into Spongebobs house? I couldn't tell from the park map that was posted on the last page. Thats the only reason I want to go.

Lofty

CF Legend
Martyn B said:
^ I dont think a mini rapids ride would require any sort of pretesting, surely? Its a pretty basic ride.

Thanks for posting the pics, they show off just how big of a project this is for the PB!

Not the mini rapids ride, it's that spinning water ride thing, like a tea cups with splash battle style cars.

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ Ahhh right. It was rumoured years ago that they were getting one of them, I remember there was a topic on it. I wonder if Nick land has been years in the planning then?

alexr

Hyper Poster
The Map from PB'S Website
nickmap.jpg

alexr

Hyper Poster
Martyn B said:
So what is the Space Invader building going to be used for?
Bottom floor including old Toilets and SI Queue line to become Big Pizza Kitchen and Top Floor to become 4d cinema in 2012

alexr

Hyper Poster
Due to Pleasure Beach's Request these photos have been removed.

Sorry About that, they seem to be picky about putting photos of construction up.

peep

CF Legend
Is it just me or does the disk-o look a lot steeper and taller than the other disk-os? Maybe it's just the angle of the pics?

Ben

CF Legend
^There are two models, large and small. Small is Adventure Island's size, large is... Um, that size. I have been on one (I think) but I dunno where.

EDIT - DUH, Navigator. But, that has a big disk, this doesn't, which is odd.

SAW_gameover

Mega Poster
peep said:
Is it just me or does the disk-o look a lot steeper and taller than the other disk-os? Maybe it's just the angle of the pics?

Definitely looks a hell of a lot bigger to me.

On another note... Actually loving the orange re-paint :D Thought it would look hideous, but I've been proven otherwise. Awesome set of photos BTW

Tomatron

Giga Poster
It is nice to see a bit of new life being breathed into the park.

Even though a few childhood memories are becoming history which is always sad, sometimes you have to change with the times.

Martyn B

CF Legend
0430advi1.jpg

It definitely looks like the larger model, but with the smaller disk.

I'm starting to warm to idea of RC being orange, at least it means it should stay in operation for some years to come.