What's new

New Nickelodeon Land for Blackpool

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Martyn B said:
Nickelodeon Streak?! Whan an horrific name for such a classic.
Ugh, I'm with you on the name. A classic wooden coaster like Roller Coaster and that's the best they could come up with? The ride deserves better than that.

As for the colour, I'm taking a "wait and see" approach. My initial reaction was very much "OMG, they're painting it ORANGE? That's just wrong!". However, as long as the rest of the area is similarly bright and colourful, the orange might actually work in the context of the area as a whole. We'll have to see.

HannahIsh

Roller Poster
I Hope this is true. Blackpool pleasure beach was my first attraction place i ever went to. And its awesome :--D

alexr

Hyper Poster
Rollercoasters a good, Fun little Family ride, It's better that dipper. Many familys enjoy the ride. It's better than installing a Rollerskater. If Nickolodeon weren't here the ride would be gone.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
I'm sure Rollercoaster/Nickelodeon Streak will just casually blend in with the rest of the area once it's all complete. :) I'm glad it hasn't been taken down as its miles better than Big Dipper imo.

alexr

Hyper Poster
Progress so far on the ride now
168412_10150091919324631_546019630_6026950_7786677_n.jpg

Copyright Pleasure Beach Experience and Dave booth more in this thread http://www.pleasurebeachexperience.com/ ... &start=210

They still have quite a lot to paint.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I thought I would hate it, but it's actually nice to see a bit of bold colour in a place that's usually so drab. I just hope Tango Orange ages well.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Right, I'm going to lock this topic unless I see an argument over what shade of orange it is, and I want to the words, molly, Fahrenheit and Magnum used in abundance!!! [/three year old joke]

Enicomb

Mega Poster
At first thought, the orange is pretty putrid, but on that last shot (where you can see the old vs the new) it looks one hell of a lot better than it did.

Hopefully they'll keep the paint nice a fresh, but I doubt it

marc

CF Legend
I would say the white looked better but it was hardly ever white :)

Still not a fan of the orange but know it has to be done for the theme. I am just really worried that the colours in the land are going to clash, will see when it is done.

Lofty

CF Legend
To be honest, now I've seen more of it, it isn't that bad. It isn't actually AS bright as I expected, although in peak summer, with no clouds and blaring sun, I MAY change my mind!

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
I have to admit, like others, that image actually makes it look alright, especially in contrast with the old.

Still, when it's all painted orange, we'll see. It's only a matter of time before it begins to look faded and tatty and we'll be winging about a repaint.

I'm not bothered what colour they paint it as long as it's open.

Kebab

Giga Poster
I can't lie, there is something rather appealling about the orange colour, it's very unique for a wooden coaster and I'm sure people would easily identify the coaster through pictures and videos. Yeah, it does kind of detract from it's original state and you lose a bit of nostalgia but it certainly has a charm now. And the name being 'Nickelodeon Streak' just sounds like Blue Streak gone wrong, it's arguably a better name than Rollercoaster nethertheless, it could've easily been called 'Nickelodeoncoaster' or 'Orange Streak' I suppose.

I'll be there next weekend anyway, any news when the area will be finished? Because I hope for a ride on that Half-pipe more than anything, I've been wanting to ride one for quite some time now...

Oh well, Grand Nash FTW! :p

alexr

Hyper Poster
You do know they aren't getting a Half Pipe, Just a Zampela mega disco. Also Zipper dippers painting is almost complete and The rides have started to be tested for opening.

Ben

CF Legend
-lofty- said:
although in peak summer, with no clouds and blaring sun, I MAY change my mind!

Loft, it's Blackpool :wink:

And I quite like the colour, matches the women of the town.

peep

CF Legend
^ROFL :D

I'm not a fan of this tangerine coloured coaster but I'm intrigued to see what the rest of the area looks like.