What's new

New efteling hotel

nadroJ

CF Legend
I don't know if it's just bad translation, but that article seems to suggest the hotel will become the new entrance to the park. Which kind of sucks? The House of the Five Senses is an absolutely iconic piece of theme park architecture and one of the most impressive theme park entrances. I hope it's just an awkward translation.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
The House of the Five Senses is an absolutely iconic piece of theme park architecture and one of the most impressive theme park entrances.

I think this is ultimately what I don't like about this The Efteling entrance as is is pretty much perfect.

Even with the entrance remaining as the entrance, the inclusion of a big hotel adjacent to it just doesn't feel right to me. :/

Knortie307

Roller Poster
I think this is ultimately what I don't like about this The Efteling entrance as is is pretty much perfect.

Even with the entrance remaining as the entrance, the inclusion of a big hotel adjacent to it just doesn't feel right to me. :/

the problem with the current entrance is that the level crossing often causes congestion, because it is too narrow.

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
That's a good point, don't see the track in these artworks. Maybe they remove it (giving up the full circuit) or reroute it (although I wouldn't know where to put it). Otherwise that spot becomes a bit busy, no?

Knortie307

Roller Poster
yeah, but the problem is that the train is a classic for this park so any changes to that will give complains. but if you look close to the concept art then you see that the hotel is next to the current tracks. but the entrance to the park under the hotel is a bit more to the left.... so yeah idk. i find it a very strange move from the efteling.

Tulum

Mega Poster
I am not concerned about this. It looks like you can still have a good view at the iconic entrance as the hotel is on the right to it.

CineramaMax

Mega Poster
I was very critical of the idea from the get go, but I must say it's looking rather excellent! Love the design and the fact it'll also offer guests views of Aquanura.