What's new

New Area For Legoland Billund 2016

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
So Legoland Billund is developing what seems to be a pretty big plot of land as you'll see on the pictures below, which leads me to think it's a whole new area instead of just another Ninjago themed Sky Fly from Gerst.

The park removed their kiddie coaster a couple of years ago to build Ghost, so maybe we can expect (or at least hope) a Gerstlauer kiddie coaster to go with the eventual Sky Fly?

It should all be revealed in October

Source: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 425&type=3

11887877_602142149888836_6398105965279152618_n.jpg

11902275_602141753222209_5268279397401760690_n.jpg

11221523_602142096555508_1906113897669812434_n.jpg

11891114_602142103222174_1067270385989967434_n.jpg

11866290_602141939888857_3845048437566133262_n.jpg

11863216_602141973222187_2679098367917612098_n.jpg

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Do they have a Lego Friends area? (Like the new area at LL Windsor.)

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Not yet...

I'm actually really surprised by how massive that area looks, it certainly didn't look like much from park level, so it could well be slightly more than a Sky Fly...

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Legoland Billund has sent out a press release to various local newspapers revealing some more details about the new area.
Here's what we've got:

- Expansion of more than 5000m2

- With a price tag of 85 mio. DKK (11.3 mio. EUR) it is the biggest investment in the parks 47 year old history.

- A whole new land where the focal point will be one of the most popular and successful LEGO product lines to date, which is going to leave its mark on both the park and at Hotel LEGOLAND.

- The key words is activity, teamwork and the new area will be equipped with the most complete LEGO theming in the park.

- On thursday, September 17 LEGOLAND will reveal more details.

Source (in danish): http://m.hsfo.dk/article/20150911/ARTIKLER/150919706

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Im shocked and confused by the decision to build a Sky Fly at a Legoland, all of which are very much kiddy parks. Sky fly's are of course 'adult' thrill rides that go up side down and have a height restriction north of 1.2m* , a bad fit for a Legoland park unless they are trying to gradually convert into a 'normal' theme park that has a selection of both adult and kids rides e.g Alton Towers.

*correct me if I'm wrong about the height restriction

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
They have one mild thrill ride, I wouldn't over think about it too much. They are just as thrilling as the mack wild mouses they have at most Lego Lands.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Since Legoland Germany have a Sky Fly, and most of them also have the Kuka Robo-Arms (apart from Windsor, because we're ****), this is nothing...

Bear in mind there's also the interactivity of these Sky Flys, and most adults can't even get them to flip over, kids will probably be just as useless...

Indeed, it fits Legoland because it has a shocking throughput...

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
Since Legoland Germany have a Sky Fly, and most of them also have the Kuka Robo-Arms (apart from Windsor, because we're ****), this is nothing...

Oh yeah I forgot about the robo arms! They look like great fun but I have a better chance of winning the Euromillions next week than Windsor getting one.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
cjbrandy said:
Im shocked and confused by the decision to build a Sky Fly at a Legoland, all of which are very much kiddy parks. Sky fly's are of course 'adult' thrill rides that go up side down and have a height restriction north of 1.2m* , a bad fit for a Legoland park unless they are trying to gradually convert into a 'normal' theme park that has a selection of both adult and kids rides e.g Alton Towers.

You would be shocked at how brave small kids are today! Also the smaller kids have older siblings who are dragged along against their will so a few more thrilling rides work really well.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
_koppen said:
You would be shocked at how brave small kids are today! Also the smaller kids have older siblings who are dragged along against their will so a few more thrilling rides work really well.

He, he... Yeah... :confused5:

Arrow loopers are safe for 4 year olds, right?

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Legos new ride decisions are based not on target audience, or anything simple, but rather they go to a manufacturer at random and ask "what is the worst capacity attraction in your catalogue??"

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
LEGOLAND Billund has announced LEGO NINJAGO - Ninjaland (what's up with the CAPS Lego?)

Anyways, it's described as a ninja training camp for the whole family, with activities such as climbing walls and a laser maze.

The most interesting aspect of the new land though, has to be "NINJAGO - The Ride" which sounds like a new dark ride:

"In LEGO® NINJAGO™ - The Ride you will meet the famous heroes from the LEGO NINJAGO™ universe. Together you must learn to master the elements fire, earth, lightning and ice in order to fight the Great Devourer.
Your ninja moves fly through the air, while you are travelling through an awesome Ninjago 4D universe challenging all senses. A brand new technology transforms your movements into ninja forces on screen. So prepare to be deeply immersed in the LEGO NINJAGO™ universe."

Overview of the new area:
LEGO_NINJAGO_map_UK.png

More info at: http://www.legoland.dk/en/Explore/LEGO- ... -The-Ride/

peep

CF Legend
Ok, now I'm intrigued. That almost sounds like a Harry Potter ride but I can't imagine that's what they're getting. It's a decent sized area but nowhere near big enough to handle something like that.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

shawnoc

Mega Poster
It also sounds like it could be the same kind of ride Thorpe Park are getting, going by the amount of times merlin get bulk buys from manufacturers.