What's new

NEMESIS: SUB-TERRA [Alton 2012]

marc

CF Legend
For me the problem was not really the ride time, it was not knowing what the hell was going on.

A story before is not going to help, it needs to be told in the actual ride.

Stitch and alien encounter last for about 10 minutes I think with a pre show, this is what this needs. Then when your on the ride it needs to explain what's going on.

Martyn B

CF Legend
For me the problem was not really the ride time, it was not knowing what the hell was going on.

The list of problems is quite long tbh. I just wish they'd sort out them bloody lights in the lifts, makes me cringe!

Martyn B

CF Legend
How true this is, I dont know, but:

I'm currently in the queue and will let you know when i get out

Edit: just been on and its so much better.

The screens are in the batching area and explain the current mission and about nemesis getting secured. The ride is much longer and its actually very good.

Great improvement

Martyn B

CF Legend
So, sounds like it definitely has been changed:

First thing before you enter is Metal Detectors! Really cool addition. (Most likely there before but my memory is hazy)Okay went into the batching room and there are two TV's angled towards each side.

Here a short video is played explaining what has been found, the original back story of unearthing nemesis and how they tamed it. Also included that below the level we were visiting was a nest of eggs but was too volatile to visit so they brought one egg up for all to see. Was nice and tied up any loose ends for the ride itself and its older brother (more like cousins)

Into the lift and we were in lift 1, the lift vibrated that added a sense of going down.

Into the observation chamber through a very dark cave path and behold the phalanx's "safe" discovery, the Nemesis baby egg in the middle of the room, and within it was a pulsating glow.We took our designated seats and was informed about the egg but wait.. Power surge!the lights cut out slowly and then darkness.. Noises are heard and the lights come back on thanks to the trusty back up generator. The egg is now broken.Power surge again! The beast screams and noises are heard around us.DROP into the forbidden cavern and the prodders and leg ticklers kick in.The lights go out and we are raised to the surface and strobes are going off and we are ordered into the exit lift.

The lift closes in a flash and we are escaping, thank god safe! BANG! CRASH! darkness. The lift starts shaking and moving until the lights come back on and part of the roof and wall has been pulled down from the lift, we are then ordered to get out fast and thus is Sub terra

Basically, they've added a new pre show into the batching area, explaining the story a bit better. The cave is much more atmospheric, with more sirens and warning lights. The main chamber, is absolutely brilliant! There are new sound effects, such as hearbeats and electronic bleeping. They play the original briefing (you know, "The egg is constantly being monitored").Then theres an electricity surge, with a slight small explosion, flashing strobes. The room goes into darkness, you hear squelching, cracking and more water is sprayed on your face. The lights go up, the egg has cracked. Theres more roaring from the monster. You Drop.Nothing is new down in the cavern. You get brought back up with immense strong strobes and sirens. The exit lift is slightly the same but with new sound effects and you plunge into total darknessIts improved so much!

Adding the TV's to the preloading area is a good move, as well as seeing the broken before dropping. Also, complete darkness in the exit lift should put the **** up a few people.

marc

CF Legend
All they have done is move the video section that was on in the queue line to the ride then. The video said about nemesis and the egg but you could not really hear it. If there is a women in the video then it's the same.

Metal detectors were there.

The lift at the end sounds different the rest sounds the same as Sunday.

What's the saying "cannot polish a turd"

scw55

Hyper Poster
But you can sprinkle glitter on it and server it on a nice plate with decoration.
Your analogy is awful and uber pessimisticly bitter.

scw55

Hyper Poster
Honesty is fine. I just thought the quoted analogy wasn't needed. We already know Sub Terra on opening was a disappointment.

nadroJ

CF Legend
scw55 said:
Honesty is fine. I just thought the quoted analogy wasn't needed. We already know Sub Terra on opening was a disappointment.

Lol, if you're offended by people being allowed to express their own personal opinion on a ride in any way, shape or form they wish, then you're on the wrong theme park forum ;]

Martyn B

CF Legend
Thing is though, it ain't a turd. It has real potential to be an awsome attraction, but at the moment, the execution has been quite poor, but its obviously they're doing things to change that. And from what people have been saying, its so far, so good.

scw55

Hyper Poster
nadroJ said:
scw55 said:

Lol, if you're offended by people being allowed to express their own personal opinion on a ride in any way, shape or form they wish, then you're on the wrong theme park forum ;]

I'm offended by people quoting someone else's generic abstract saying. You stated why you were disappointed and sceptic, that is fine. Saying you cannot polish a turd wasn't exactly needed nor did it even add to your post at all. I understand this is the internet and people exaggerate for comedic effect, but it wasn't even funny as it wasn't even your own words.

I think it's great that they're trying to address some of the issues of the ride. You can't say that it will 100% make it "good" but
credit's due to where credit due"
. If you boil anything down to bare mechanics/physicality then everything sounds rubbish. Take Mount Everest. Big lump of rock.

marc

CF Legend
I give up. Let's have 3 pages about a comment I made about something that I feel is correct.

^ have you actually been on it?

Yes it's great their adding things to it but it's rubbish, it does not matter what they do the whole thing has a rubbish story it's just well rubbish.

I'm really sorry I don't like it. I posted my views on it sorry you cannot deal with that.

I don't have to agree with you and you don't have to agree with me simple really.

I'm not the only one who's made that comment, I just happened to post it. Its saying that's been used many a time. I was not even trying to be funny. You don't even know me, if you did you would know I would not say that unless I actually felt that.

I went on the ride with an open mind and thought it was rubbish. That's my view on it. I actually wanted to like it but just could not. Members of the public were slating it as well.

Martyn I agree with you, but they are going to have to change quiet a bit but it does look like they are. I just don't have as much faith as you do after the improvements they were going to make to 13 that never happened :(. They will do what they can, maybe it just was not ready in time and they wanted all this stuff in place at the start. Problem is they now have to do this in the public eye.