What's new

NEMESIS: SUB-TERRA [Alton 2012]

costar

Mega Poster
scw55 said:
For those who don't speak German, what point were you trying to make with the video?

To be fair, that video is a very good choice if you are wanting to investigate the force of an ABC drop tower. The footage has good lighting and the angles are clear. I must admit it does make it look like a forced drop. I can only assume that the riders legs lifting up is from air-resistance. I noticed that their arms raised up too which, you might think suggests that the body is forced down, quicker than gravity. However you have to remember that at 1g, you are naturally tensing muscles to hold your arms out. If you instantly become weightless, these same muscles then force the arms upwards before you can adjust. So yeah, the force of an ABC drop tower is nothing more than gravity I'm afraid. If you PM me your email address lofty, I'll check with the manufacturer and we can see what he says...

Lofty

CF Legend
scw55 said:
For those who don't speak German, what point were you trying to make with the video?
I don't speak German, so don't try to be a **** smart arse.

That video is the best example of the ABC Drop Ride (Extremis), as it's the only one showing the attraction running in a good lighting condition..

scw55

Hyper Poster
^ I wasn't. I am just very ignorant about how physics affect the human body and engineering with regards to drop towers. I assumed the information you wanted to put across was in the spoken German.
You didn't need to swear.

Lofty

CF Legend
Yes, I DO apologise for swearing, although the little red man covered it..........

But still, it looked like a sarcastic post you made, so I was on the defensive.

davidm

Strata Poster
Sort of a review of this in the Indy today;

(spoilers obviously!!)

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/uk/ ... 79352.html

altontowers.jpg

peep

CF Legend
Ben said:
So much for being a Padora's Box knock-off.

Whoever said it was going to be? People just randomly shouted out attractions that are classed as dark rides, no one was ever too sure or confirmed anything bar the whole ABC drop towers being used.

I'm not reading that review, I want to go in not knowing about the whole experience, I feel like I already know too much. And lol, I really thought that was Stephen Hawking in that photo too.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Peep, if I were you, I'd read it.

If not, you'll go on it expecting something amazing, and it probably wont be. Read it, be disappointed, then when you go on it, it may turn out better than you thought.... :lol:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry, I'm actually in shock people were expecting this to be good??? Where did that come from?

It was always going to be what it is, an Extremis type of ride with a bit of extra theming.

I thnik it actually sounds better than I was expecting, it may have a degree of atmosphere that wasn't otherwise there (I'm glad I'm going this weekend before the staff get bored of yelling at people too).

Dobba

Roller Poster
From what I've been told half of the "experience" pre and post ride was still being finished while he was on it so he didn't do the full ride.

Whether doing all of it would have changed the tone of the review, I guess we'll have to wait a few more days to find out.

Lofty

CF Legend
Ben said:
peep said:
Ben said:
So much for being a Padora's Box knock-off.

Whoever said it was going to be?

Lofthouse was fairly sure of it.
Yes, whilst this is the case, there wasn't just me, the information I was informed about was from someone who works at Towers & mentioned it being more of a 4D experience. Also, if you actually look back, someone who went to EAS mentioned that it was one of the knock-off Pandora's Box rides; I'm certain of it.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Dobba said:
From what I've been told half of the "experience" pre and post ride was still being finished while he was on it so he didn't do the full ride.

Whether doing all of it would have changed the tone of the review, I guess we'll have to wait a few more days to find out.

Yeah, and we're still waiting for them to "finish" 13 ;)

marc

CF Legend
I never listen to people who work at Alton towers anymore due to all the wrong information that came out about 13, they could not have got the more wrong if they tried!