Overall which one do you prefer?

• Nemesis (Alton Towers)

Votes: 41 93.2%
  • Nemesis Inferno (Thorpe Park)

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I think Nemesis will always be my number 1.
For me, that's where it all began, I've spent the last 20 yrs looking for a ride that recaptures the thrill of that first ever ride on Nemesis. One or two have come close, but those that have always seem to slip down the rankings over time. My beloved Nemmie, however, remains firmly at the top.
For me then, this is a no-brainer.

Having said that, I don't dislike Inferno. Good, solid ride, just not as 'special'. No sir, nowhere near.

Thomas_Rimmer

Roller Poster
I've never rode Nemesis Inferno, but I really like Nemesis. It has really good theming and its one of the most intense rides I've ever been on.

Ayy Lmao

Mega Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Katun is absolutely wonderful - like Alpengeist but, like, critically good as well as being interesting for the sake of it

It's weird for me because I like Nemesis for the sake of how compact, forceful, and unique it is (as well as the awesome theme), but I don't think inverts should be as forceful as Katun. I had three rides on Katun and started feeling extremely light headed. Katun was good for one ride, but it was uncomfortably forceful and therefore unenjoyable for me. Nemesis wasn't disgustingly forceful. Alpengeist, on paper (at least for me), should be excellent. Inverts SHOULD give that sweeping, sort of flying feeling, which it does well, but something about it just doesn't DO it for me. It's a good coaster, I just don't really get a theoretical hard on over it.
Is it's intensity comparable to i305's?

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
^I doubt it's quite as intense as I305, but I bet it's close - Katun's by far the most forceful coaster I've ridden.

LiveForTheLaunch said:
Katun is absolutely wonderful - like Alpengeist but, like, critically good as well as being interesting for the sake of it

It's weird for me because I like Nemesis for the sake of how compact, forceful, and unique it is (as well as the awesome theme), but I don't think inverts should be as forceful as Katun. I had three rides on Katun and started feeling extremely light headed. Katun was good for one ride, but it was uncomfortably forceful and therefore unenjoyable for me. Nemesis wasn't disgustingly forceful. Alpengeist, on paper (at least for me), should be excellent. Inverts SHOULD give that sweeping, sort of flying feeling, which it does well, but something about it just doesn't DO it for me. It's a good coaster, I just don't really get a theoretical hard on over it.

Yeah, you're not alone in adoring Katun, and whilst I agree it's not completely whoreable, that's the reason I like it so much. The best coasters should leave you a little disorientated and shaking - leaving more of an impact. If you can simply ride it again and again, surely you feel more in control, and are less 'thrilled', with the ride becoming less impressive each time? Plus it flies a little bit on that first drop with the surprising moment of airtime ;)

Anyway, whilst Katun clearly wipes the floor with both, I'd probably just about go with Nemesis on this one. Inferno is one fine invert....but it dies a little after the first corkscrew, whereas original Nemmie sustains heavy forces throughout, and interacts better with its surroundings. If Inferno was 20-30 feet bigger, then it could certainly compete!

Treybleed

Roller Poster
Love inferno, but its older sister is without a doubt the better coaster... Better ride, better layout and way better theming!

jj23w

Hyper Poster
I like both. Inferno has aged like fine wine and it's one of the coasters I will always ride at Thorpe just because of how good it is. Truly do think the ride shines more when the season first starts and when you do fright nights and there's a slight drizzle its sooo fast.

Nemesis I've always love the interaction with the queue it's setting the story it's very intense but on a few of my visits last year I could only ride it after 1 go the force of it varies.

When I go back to towers this year I'll decide what one I like more.