What's new

Music Recommendations

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
Unfortunatley I think I am beginning to like Trivium and might have to grab their Shogun album after college.

It is due to seeing them at the Unholy Alliance and I was thoroughly impressed by their live performance. It was just relentless energy and real in your face "we don't care if you hate us because we know we are cool" attitude.

It pissed me off at the time but looking back on it they are one of the better live bands I have seen.

Aerith

Mega Poster
Hah finally some goood christmas music comes out =] these 2 albums are worth buying =]

889802_CD_L_F.JPG

884931_CD_L_F.JPG

Im seeing Pink live next year at the O2 i can't wait =] she is going to be amazing live :)

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
Too right they suck. They did a couple of kinda good songs a few years back but all of a sudden they bring out one song and suddenly the band no one gave two sh*ts about is everyones favourite and headlining arenas. I think they hired writers for that song anyway.

Dave

CF Legend
danielfitzgerald99 said:
Too right they suck. They did a couple of kinda good songs a few years back but all of a sudden they bring out one song and suddenly the band no one gave two sh*ts about is everyones favourite and headlining arenas. I think they hired writers for that song anyway.

Not to mention the song came out like 3 years ago.

Aerith

Mega Poster
Well i was telling people who LIKE Nickelback to buy it. because it is a good album, maybe even their best one.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
808nheartbreakcover.jpg

808s & Heartbreak by Kanye West

Great album!

Highlights:
See You in My Nightmares (feat. Lil Wayne)
Heartless
Paranoid (feat. Mr. Hudson)
Bad News
Coldest Winter
Welcome to Heartbreak (feat. Kid Cudi)..

..and Love Lockdown of course. But all of the tracks have their own qualities which I like. A drastic change in the style of Kanye's music, but he pulls it off so well.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Wondering what Nickelbacks new album is like, I liked some of the stuff on the old one, especially Savin'Me and Far Away.
Been out for a while but I recomend Coldplays Viva La Vida, so different to their old stuff, but yet so similar, Violet Hill and Viva La Vida two of my all time favourite songs. Many people have been converted to Coldplay fans by this album.
Kanye's new albums good also.
Human is my favourite song at the moment, but I am not a Killers fan.

Slash

Giga Poster
Must say, anyone who hasn't, Chinese Democracy by Guns N Roses is excellent. Will be buyig it soon.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I really don't want to make a knee-jerk review of Day & Age by the Killers, but I'm not overly impressed. Then again, I through the same about the second album but ended up thinking it's their best.

Anyway, on first listen through, Day & Age is very instant but a bit too pretentious I think.

Anyway, I'll do a full review at some point in the future. Maybe.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Ian said:
I really don't want to make a knee-jerk review of Day & Age by the Killers, but I'm not overly impressed. Then again, I through the same about the second album but ended up thinking it's their best.

Anyway, on first listen through, Day & Age is very instant but a bit too pretentious I think.

Anyway, I'll do a full review at some point in the future. Maybe.

They've brought back all the synth from the first album, and left out anything else that was good, like the energy. And the instruments.

I'm actually finding it painful to listen to Human now. Its like listening to an even more MOR U2.

Ben

CF Legend
6185116m.jpg

I'm not even joking. Yes, he's rubbish, BUT, for just him and Daniel Boys doing I Know Him So Well... yeah, it's amazing.

So, basically, screw Barrowman, get it just cause Boys is on the CD for like... 3 minutes.

Also, I would have thoughts on Circus, but since the Royal Fail can suck me, I've still not got it :roll:

marc

CF Legend
Ben you might be having the same problems are stores are having. The company that sends out the cds went bust last week and stores like HMV etc have no stock of cds that came out on Monday.

All depends where you ordered it from.

Ben

CF Legend
Did not know that...

... but, I've been told it's dispatched :)... it's just down to Royal Fail.

Jer

Strata Poster
You know how rare it is to come by an album that is so good you can listen to every song without skipping, and enjoy every song, both individual and by itself. It's pretty rare to come by one of these gems and I found on by sheer curiosity.

In The Aeroplane Over The Sea - Neutral Milk Hotel

neutralmilkhotelintheaeak7.jpg

This CD works, the songs are soft and easy to listen to, while the leads voice is off key, even like that that it just works! Every song is a jem and has something diffrent to keep your attention. Every song is very catchy. Definately highly recommneded even to people who don't enjoy acoustic (Did I mention it's primarily acoustic).

Johnny

Hyper Poster
Just listened to something I wouldn't normally be interested in, but it's quite good, not amazing as Rolling Stone say, but still quite good..

kala-packshot.jpg

Kala by M.I.A.

Paper Planes, Come Around, 20 Dollar and Jimmy are really good, and the others are worth a listen, just not something I'd listen to over and over.

But yeah, give it a go!