What's new

Music Recommendations

kir

Hyper Poster
I hate the band but, by some stroke of luck, this is one of the best songs and videos of the year!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqM6oLM63YE[/youtube]

...he's not your boyfriend, he's mine ;)

Mark

Strata Poster
Just got a hold of Anastacia latest album Havy Rotation.

If you like her older stuff, you will probably love this. I wouldn't necessarily rave about the album, but it is good and easily listenable to. Fave track is the title track Heavy Rotation. That one is a stand out and is certain to hit the clubs!

For those who love a bit of good ole cheesy, or as Ian would call it, gay-pop. The new Girls Aloud album is out this week and is also very good. They have actually got better with each album and tbh this one has some really strong pop tracks on it. Check it out for lots of getting hammered and dancing badly antics! (And don't pretend you don't, Ive seen thousands do it before you :p)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
danielfitzgerald99 said:
I have been listening to The Cure a lot. Quality 80's music.

Friday I'm In Love is a great song.

Every other pigging song on the iPod on random playing is the ****ing Cure! I like them, but it's just constant. Them and New Model bloody army, and Fields of the damn Nephilim. My iPod loves 80's goth! Bloody thing :evil:

robbeal

Hyper Poster
^Robert Smith's got NME's Godlike Genius award this year.

The Cure are one of those bands that I like, but I always forget I do. Lullaby's brilliant. Robert Smith's face isn't though, he still scares me a little. When I was about 7, I saw the video for Close To Me, and I actually had a bit of a phobia of The Cure for a while after!

BetaKitten

Mega Poster
The Cure <3

Once i went into a band t-shirt shop (when i was younger) and got a Joy Division and a Smiths t-shirt and the woman at the counter when i asked if there was a Cure one said 'God! You've given up on life before it's even begun haven't you?'

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
LOL Lucy!

As I say, I do like them, but I think we have about 20 albums on the iPod (pretty much most everything they've done). So they just keep on coming up again and again.

Still, The head on the Door is probably one of my favourite albums ever, and I always have time for "Close to me" Rob :)

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
Close to me is a great song. I only actually really got into The Cure because Robert Smith made a guest appearance on Korn's accousitc record to colaborate with Jonathan Davis. I liked his voice so I got their greatest hits record.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
One thing that nearly happened a few years ago that would've been BRILLIANT if it had've, relates to when Blink 182 split up.

On their final album, they did a track called All Of This, featuring Robert Smith on lead vocals, with Tom DeMong just backing up. Just before they announced their split, they'd suggested that All Of This would be their next single, and I would've loved loads of Blink fanboys to buy their new single, just to won der who the hell was singing it!

To be a little on-topic, the final Blink 182 album was, and still is, really good. They grew up, they calmed down, they used some weird and wonderful instruments and techniques, they got Robert Smith in, and they generally made some good music at last! Stockholm Syndrome and Obvious were excellent.

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
I thought that last album was essentially a prelude to "Angels and Airwaves".

I have Enema of the state and Take of your pants and jacket. Both great albums.

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster

Ollie

CF Legend
I didn't like this song at first but every time I listen to it it slowly grows on me and I like it now. :)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9KnuJZkBjg[/youtube]

robbeal

Hyper Poster
^Still think the original 1989 version's a bit better than it. Its still got a lame spoken bit in it, but the music's generally just a bit more mental and more fitting to the acid house scene that it arose from. Plus it still has the awesome sax!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNlDczS4YK4[/youtube]

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I hate to admit it.

But Britney's new album is AMAZING.

340x.jpg

A

Anonymous

well i know im classed as a noobie on here, but anyone who really likes music like medic droid, should listen to metro station-shake it

(8) now she does it like this, when you do it like that(8)

go on try it :) i know you want it

Emmett

Giga Poster
robbeal said:
^Still think the original 1989 version's a bit better than it. Its still got a lame spoken bit in it, but the music's generally just a bit more mental and more fitting to the acid house scene that it arose from. Plus it still has the awesome sax!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNlDczS4YK4[/youtube]

Classic, love that version too, always reminds me of the summer. The newer version that Ollie posted sounds okay too, although I don't like the lyrics but it has a good arrangement.

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
Whilst browsing in Zavi I found The Cure's "Galore" and it was included in the 2 for £10 offer so I picked up GN'R's Appetite For Destruction because it is something I have been meaning to buy for about 7 years.

Ben

CF Legend
I have two albums I've recently acquired and have been enjoying.

61CjKqmo0XL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

It's really, really good. It's not very up-beat, lol, but there's some really good tunes in there, and some really good, yet sad, songs. You can tell there's a lot of her own life in there at the moment, and that makes it feel very true.

My highlights would be So What, Sober, I Don't Believe You (personal favourite) and Please Don't Leave Me.

I love it. But don't expect too much happiness in there :p.

Girlsaloud_out_of_control.jpg

This is also good, but, I think Tangled Up was a better album. The Promise, Miss You Bow Wow and Revolution in the Head are all great though. However, this is going to sound SO lame, it's not the right time for me to enjoy an album like this, so Pink's getting more of a listening.