What's new

"Mumbo Jumbo" - S&S El Loco for Flamingo Land

Hmmm...

May have to pop back up to Flamingoland next year I suppose...

I quite liked Flamingoland when I last went, and that was before most of their newer additions (Splash Battle onwards if memory serves, Velocity was there), but I suppose will just have to wait and see...

Looks like its going to be another trip to Flamingo Land then. *sigh*. :lol:

I cant say its something that has got me really excited, but its better than nothing.

Looks a fantastic ride. Very smooth, well paced and most importantly, fun!

It's gonna need some drastic theming though as you can't deny it's one of the ugliest coasters around. Failing that, just stick it in a building.

Quite ironic that Thorpe say SAW will have the steepest drop and then Flamingo Land announce this. Shortest record ever? :lol:

I just hope the park make an effort with marketing the ride well. It's an area they need to improve on.

I just popped on the site in my spare time to see this, and it made me LOl so much!

Good going FL, I really like the look of Steel Hawg, I have alkway said that, so lets hope this one is as good, well even better eh?

I have tbh Flamingo Land was my 2nd favorite live this year, 1st being Scotland.

The park looked great and we all had so much fun. The rides were good as well and I think this ride adds to the park.

I don’t think the announcement of the new coaster will bother Thorpe. If it was Alton or BPB maybe, but not many people know of Flamingoland and their advertisement will not reach as many as Thorpe’s will. They could probably get away with the claim like BPB did with Infusion being taller than JO, because FI is a small park.

From the reviews i have read, they arent rough at all. The coaster is said to be 120ft high and have an 125 degree drop so i cant imagine the layout being the same, as Steel Hawq is 96ft high.

It will be interesting to see the layout of the ride and finally i nice coaster to make seaside adventutres a bit more complete.

:--D

It certainly will go well in that area, I think it will complement the drop tower very nicely. Plus, judging by how their latest themed attractions have gone they will do something special for this too.

I look forward to some visuals.

I think it will be more functionally themed than actually well themed. That's not a bad thing, they don't just dump their stuff in place, but they also don't tend to go that extra step either.

Anyway, this is just a filler ride really. A cheap way to help build their ride portfolio before they start on something big for 2010.

That's not dissing the ride, it's something adventurous and different - kudos to FL for not just putting in a MS Spinner or a Revechon Spinning mouse - it's just that it's not what I'd call a major investment...

But it will still be good to go on something different which is a good thing. That is one good thing with Flamingo Land you have rides there that you can not go on anywhere else in the UK.

Yes its not costing as much as Saw, but I am looking more forward to going on this than Saw.

I am one of these people that does not think theming a station make the ride better.

I agree 100% Marc. Although all their rides are mediocre, there are a lot of them, and a few of them stand out as being quite different. This fits that perfectly - so FL hits the 'to do' list for 2009.

I like a well themed ride, it makes the queues a little more bearable, but unless the theming really interacts with the ride and adds a huge amount to it (I assume Mystery Mine fits this description), then it's ALL about the ride. Looking 'nice enough' is fine by me, especially for a park like Flaminglond

I look forward to the day Flagmingoland adds a woodie and passes BPB in attendance numbers. Though I've never been to it, I like this park. Adding a solid rack of family coasters and a couple of thrilling ones - in five years (Heard that, TusenFryd? In that space, you open two and messes up another).

I bet Thorpe Marketing are groaning/were groaning at some point. And 2009 doesn't seem to be as dry as it looked like.

^But TusenFryd has those stunning views and the best escalator ever. They are certainly worth a coaster or two. :lol:

People that are saying that this is going to be better than SAW are joking, right?

Its a nice addition to FL and its funny that Thorpe lost their little 'Steepest Drop' claim but lets not be silly saying its going to better than SAW.

In fact if Thorpe had announced this instead of a Eurofighter, they would be getting slated no end right now!

Why has everything got to be a competition for a start? Not many have actually said this will definately be better, But even if they did, it is their personal preference and are allowed to think this will be a better ride, for whatever reason they choose!

People are just pointing out the humour in the fact Thorpe recieved and lost a title on the same day. Oh and One person said they were looking forward to this more!

It's not a personal attack on Thorpe for heavens sake...

southend_marc said:
I have to be honest I prefered Velocity to Rita. So I dont really count it as mediocre.

I think both are pretty much of a muchness, and I class Rita as mediocre :)

I am looking forward to this more for a simple reason. I have never been on this type of coaster, thats all.

I have been on Rage and Speed so the coaster at Thorpe is not a new ride concept for me.

For me this coaster might be more thrilling as I dont know what to expect, but with Saw I do once I am on the coaster that is.