What's new

Movie Park Germany Developments

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Part of me feels like if it was a coaster, the park would be outright advertising it as a coaster? Rather than shrouding it with this extra mystery, which whilst intriguing, isn't as effective as drumming up interest to the masses as a "We're building a new roller coaster" push would. But that's just pure conjecture on my part, and I'd love to see a drop track cred at the park.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Part of me feels like if it was a coaster, the park would be outright advertising it as a coaster? Rather than shrouding it with this extra mystery, which whilst intriguing, isn't as effective as drumming up interest to the masses as a "We're building a new roller coaster" push would. But that's just pure conjecture on my part, and I'd love to see a drop track cred at the park.
We've met some of the people at MPG a few times over the years and they are legitimate goons. I remember chatting to some of their creative people for their Halloween events and one of the big boss type people (his job role escapes me completely now) and a good chunk of the conversation was proper enthusiast talk about all the parks in their vicinity (Efteling/Walibi/Toverland/Phantasialand/etc). I really wouldn't be surprised if they are intentionally doing something to get the enthusiast community talking - if only just for the fun of it. Pure speculation, of course.

No real clue what this could be. I hope they're investing in a big thrill coaster (and I say that not just as an enthusiast, but also as it's something they massively lack), and Intamin would be an excellent choice for this, but I don't actually have any real feel for what it will be. I do look forward to finding out, though.

Ben

CF Legend
^ He’s head of marketing the guy you’re thinking of, and he’s a proper goon he’s fab, and that filters down to the rest of the team. So I’m with Matt, they know 100% what they’re doing appealing to us lot and it’s on purpose.

I’ve got a real soft spot for MPG now that I’ve spent time with people from there, they know they’re not Phantasialand but what they’ve put in recently has had massive bang for its buck because they know what they’re doing with what they’ve got. And an Intamin?! Ahhh, so exciting!

Tulum

Mega Poster
In theory yes, but is there no public building permits or similar required in Germany? Also, something would have leaked by now if construction had begun... Wouldn’t it? ??‍♂️

My boyfriend is an architect and he says that only the use of areas has to be published. So as the area has always been used as part of the theme park, nothing has to be made accessible to the public. That's why Phantasialand also can always hide what they are doing.

Exciting that nothing but a big coaster can be ruled out. Wouldn't even wonder if they built an indoor/outdoor-spinning coaster like Futuroscope, or a dark-ride or a multimedia-ride. Intamin really offers a lot that could fit perfectly.