What's new

Mouse's RCT3 Competition | GRAND FINAL (poll open)

Who has been the BEST competitor?

• Collosus The Power of 10

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Reddude333

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

mouse

Giga Poster
Voting is now open, please vote for the BEST competitor, don't forget to consider their past entries as well as this one.

rct3complog.jpg

rct3-final.png

Firstly, as you know the semi final was a tie, but I still had to let one competitor go.
Well done to CP10, who went through to the final automatically. The other two had the challenge to post a screenshot of anything they have made in RCT3, as long as it has no CS.

Josh73's entry:
Shot0014-1.jpg

Reddude333's entry:
Option4.png

Josh73 has been a great contender, and has created some brilliant coasters, but sadly I made the decision for him to go.
So that means the Finalists are:

Collosus the Power of 10
and
Reddude333

On to the final!
You have 5 challenges, to show that you have the different skills.

Challenge#1 - You must create any type of white knuckle rollercoaster on a blank space, without colouring nor scenery. You are allowed custom supports/catwalks on the pre lift and lift hill only. Post a screenshot and if possible a POV.

Challenge#2 - The same as challenge one, but it must be a family coaster. Post a screenshot and if possible a POV

Challenge#3 - Create a small block of 25x25 and theme it to whatever you want. Post one screenshot.

Challenge#4 - Create a rocky mountain landscape. Post as many screenshots as you want.

Challenge#5 - Create a park entrance.

Please build all of these things on one 'park'.

If you have any questions please post here or PM me. Entries must be in by 10th January.

The winner will get a full winners forum set!!!

Over to you...

Colossus

Giga Poster
Re: Mouse's RCT3 Competition | GRAND FINAL

Ok so I have a few questions before I start.
1. So basically I have got to build a park containing 2 freestanding coasters (1 large, 1 small) with an entrance a themed area 25x25. a rocky mountain area?

2. I understand that there can be only custom supports and cat walks around the 2 coasters, so can we build stations? Queuelines? Transfer tracks? and if so can we use custom scenery for these? Also does that mean no trees or themeing?

3. The 25x25 themed area, can we use CS and can we put coasters in this area?

4. The Rocky Mountain area, can we put rides around it? can we use CS.

Sorry to be a pest, just wanted to clarify things before I begin what will be a large project.
Nice idea for a final, I like the multiple challenge aspect of it.

Josh73

Giga Poster

mouse said:
Josh73 has been a great contender, and has created some brilliant coasters, but sadly I made the decision for him to go.
I figured. Good luck to everybody!

And mouse: It seems the CS in reddude's picture helped him alot, but he still would have won.

And, I'm going to make these challenges for fun anyway!

mouse

Giga Poster

^ Reddude had no CS.
CP10, sorry, I forgot to mention all of this.
Don't build a park as such, just a blank space. The coasters shouldn't have a station building, nor queue lone, so you can only really use what I said.
The landscape should have no CS, and no rides. And same with the block. :)

Josh73

Giga Poster

I've tried that and can't get it to blend like that. How do you?

mouse

Giga Poster

Obviously I'm not reddude333, but it looks like a mix of terrain colouring and rocks. :)

reddude333

Giga Poster

Sorry, I have been busy with finals and work so I missed that this thread had even been started.

@Colossus: Thanks for asking all those questions. I would have done the same thing had I realized this thread was up.

@Josh: As Mouse stated, there is no CS in my picture (and that includes the rocks). I will tell you how I did this little trick in a PM if you would like but I'd rather not divulge it at this point in the contest (unless Colossus knows what I did). I promise you though, no CS. You were a great competitor.

@Mouse: Looks like quite a comprehensive challenge...and quite time consuming. Hopefully I will be able to put lots of effort into this and make it look great. Any idea of how this will be judged? Will it be a straight-up vote as in the past? And does no CS mean you also want no CTRs? I may have more questions as I start brainstorming and designing my entry but that is for later.

mouse

Giga Poster

^ I do have an idea, but I'm not tellin'. And no CTRs.
If you want more time in January just ask, as I'm sure you won't be doing much of it over Christmas.

reddude333

Giga Poster

Thank you for making the due date so late because I haven't done a lick of work on this yet. Should be soon though. Just also have Snoo's NL comp to finish up with.

Colossus

Giga Poster

^ Snap, I literally started it today, completed 1 of the 5 tasks.

reddude333

Giga Poster

Hey, I don't think I can finish my entry by tonight. It is probably possible but I have schoolwork to do so if it's okay with Colossus can we push back the due date a bit?

reddude333

Giga Poster

Thanks guys. I should have a ton of time to work on it over the next couple days.

Colossus

Giga Poster

Mine is officially finished, just need to complete the tedious job of loading the POV`s to Youtube, so all should be complete and posted on here at some point tomorrow evening.

reddude333

Giga Poster

Alright, well I'm working on mine but having some issues with the game crashing not really sure why (maybe too many objects?). I will continue to work on it tonight and tomorrow and hopefully get everything working smoothly and finished up.

Colossus

Giga Poster

Right here`s my Grand Final entry.

Challenge 1 - Park Entrance.

Shot0011-1.jpg

Here`s the main ticket purchase booths.

Shot0012-1.jpg

Walkway to the main entrance looking towards the bathrooms.

Shot0013.jpg

Actual main entry into the park.

Challenge 2 - 25x25 Themed Area.

Shot0017.jpg

My area, is Wild West themed, I have more pictures of this but the rules state to enter just one, making it hard to get the whole area in, the entire is themed though, and was enjoyable to create as I have been toying with the WW idea for a while.

Challenge 3 - Mountain Area.

This was last part I had to do, and I didn't know reddudes trick (though I would like to know for future reference ;)) so this was quite difficult to really do well with. So I went with a canyon area accompanied by large waterfall set in the era of the Dinosaurs, I am pretty happy with it overall considering.
Shot0023.jpg

Shot0025.jpg

Shot0024.jpg

Shot0022.jpg

Challenge 4 - Family Coaster.

Introducing Jet, a Schwarzkopf Jet Star 2, standing 60ft tall, it contains nice drops and helix`s, fun little ride.

Shot0019.jpg

Shot0020.jpg

Shot0021.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WpUSXFD6nE[/youtube]

Challenge 5 - White Knuckle Coaster.

Introducing Rush, I really like how this ride has turned out, its been created to fit in with the regulations of the contest, after to contest is over work will continue on this ride to give it full surroundings because I think this could turn out real nice.
Ride type - B&M Stand-up
Height - 164ft
Inversions - 8

Shot0014.jpg

Shot0016.jpg

Shot0015.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnpyKI7qnpI&feature=related[/youtube]

reddude333

Giga Poster

Some great looking stuff as expected Colossus. Sorry that I'm working so slowly on mine, just lots of things going on. I am working on it though I assure.