What's new

Most upsetting cred removal

Mushy999

Roller Poster
Couldn't find a topic on this but if there is then I'm sorry!

At some point in their lives a coaster will face the chopping block or be sent to a new home that's no longer easily accessible. For whatever reason, what cred removal (or even dark ride, flat etc. if you wish) has upset you the most? For me it's the Cyclone at Southport, what was one of the first roller coasters I ever rode, to then see it being hacked at by a chainsaw what seemed like out of nowhere and then gone... Yeah, that was gutting.

How about everyone else? Feel free to do most upsetting park closure too if you like!

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
For my enthusiast years, it has to be Orbit, a Schwarzkopf Enterprise which closed for good about 18 hours ago. I'm kinda gutted because it's a great classic flat ride. It still got crowds, it was quite popular, and the park made no mention of it's closure. Quite sad, really.

For rides I could've ridden but didn't, it probably has to be Deja Vu or Mean Streak. Deja Vu because it's a GIB, one of the models I oh so want to ride, and Mean Streak because although it's bad, I probably won't be able to get the cred within the next month, when I could've easily gotten it in 2014.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Disaster Transport was always that red-headed stepchild of Cedar Point. A lot of childhood memories came down with it and Space Spiral.

CarolinaRider

Mega Poster
Thunder Road. Sure, it was nothing special, but Carowinds' wooden lineup went to **** after they removed it. I understand why it's gone, but it's still pretty sad.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Eagle Fortress (I think it's finally been removed instead of just sitting there?)

Absolutely wonderful coaster.

Mushy999

Roller Poster
Eagle Fortress looked such a good ride, so annoying it just sat there for six years and not replaced after all this time, would've loved to have tried it. I know it did destroy trains though so it must've been such a drain on resources. I'm no expert but surely the Vekoma trains used on the Vampire would've made a difference? I'd imagine they're a lot lighter than the old Arrow ones and so put less strain on the ride itself.

Edward M

Strata Poster
For rides that I have ridden, I gotta go Disaster Transport since I loved it. Great little guilty pleasure coaster.

For rides I haven't, Eagle Fortress is the easy choice. However, I will also give a shoutout to Ozark Wildcat and Big Bad Wolf. Both looked great although Ozark Wildcat is the saddest since it is now just sitting there rotting (with very, very little chance of it opening back up). At least BBW got Verbolten in its place.

Edward M

Strata Poster
^
T6My7t.gif

Last time I went it was still standing, so I just assumed it was :( .

CoastinBear

Roller Poster
Ah! Mister Twister!

So many happy memories of a crazy evening back in '92 where I rode the old beast at the original Elitch's Gardens again and again. That was the only time I went to the park - so pleased I managed to ride the original.

And, more recently, the removal of Cyclone at Southport's Pleasureland. Such a lovely ride, with its distorted lift hill and the incredibly slow first turnaround. Rode that coaster so many times with coaster club buddies. When the park closed, so abruptly, and the track at the bottom of the first drop was removed that evening to prevent it being ridden ever again, it rather set my mind against Blackpool Pleasure Beach. I haven't been to BPB since. My guess is that they didn't want the ride being listed in the same way as the Scenic Railway at Dreamland. Very sad.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Good old ThunderLooper.
Almost tempted to travel all the way to Brazil, just to ride it one more time. But... y'know, I probably won't.

Ben

CF Legend
Eagles Fortress is really one of the only ones that sticks out as an actual loss.

Everything else is really just an improvement or something you can get elsewhere.

Obviously I mourn any that were creds I didn't have.

Olaf

Mega Poster
Olympia Looping, man that thing was insane

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9301I met Tapatalk

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Olympia Looping? As in that thing currently sitting in Vienna for the summer and operating fully before going back on the German circuit later in the year?

TilenB

Strata Poster
Yeah, has it been confirmed that it's leaving for good? It still packed quite a punch when I rode it a fortnight ago

Poslano z mojega ONEPLUS A3003 z uporabo Tapatalk

Shirofukurou

Mega Poster
Most certainly Big Bad Wolf for ones I've been on. There hasn't really been any devastating removals here in the Northeast.

Eagle's fortress was very sad as well. It's always been a personal dream of mine that Everland would use the space for an Intamin giga - or even a full circuit strata - that uses the terrain in the way Eagle did, as I'm pretty sure Intamin hasn't alienated Korea the way it has alienated the US. That could possibly be the greatest coaster in history!

Dubai_Smoggie

Roller Poster
The Bullet at Flamingo Land - Remember Bullet being my first "big' rollercoaster when I was a kid so have the sentimental attachment! Believe it's operating in Mexico now