What's new

Most Painful Rollercoasters & Flat rides

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
blivvies biggest fan said:
Wood- triple hurricane for obvious reasons.
Steel- colossus at Thorpe made me limp.
Flat- submission, Alton towers made me see double.
I don't see how colossus is the most painful coaster you have ever been.

Lofty

CF Legend
owenrita121 said:
blivvies biggest fan said:
Wood- triple hurricane for obvious reasons.
Steel- colossus at Thorpe made me limp.
Flat- submission, Alton towers made me see double.
I don't see how colossus is the most painful coaster you have ever been.

It's not my roughest, but it is high up there. It's painful in my opinion.

Jools

Giga Poster
Am I the only one that doesn't think Colossus is that rough? Perhaps I tense up more or something but i've never felt that much... or any pain on it to be honest, I think Infusion at Blackpool has been my most painful steel in the UK, but the fact that I cracked my rib on Furius Baco makes it the most painful overall for me, I LOVE that ride still though, but (in the same park) Stampida wins most painful woody and overall most painful. I mean this is how clever I am, I went to PortAventura the day of the world cup semi-final or whatever it was, I was hungover, didn't have a drink, spent most of my money on an unlimited fast past, went on Furius Baco with a splitting headache, came off fine, went on Stampida, bruises all up my legs, then when I was about to leave, last ride (as it's near the entrance), went on Furius Baco for one last time, and lets just say... ouch! So had to walk 2 miles or so back to the hotel in agony not realising what I had done... still a great holiday though haha!

EDIT: Did I mention it was 34C :p

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
Yea, I didn't mind Colossus. I found it rough, but it was bearable. They just packed way to much into it inversion wise. Personally the Vekmoa SLC's are just terrible, also I don't really enjoy the rattling on most wooden coasters.

dominoes

Mega Poster
I think it is strange that people say that Saw is painfull. I have never had any discomfort on it... Colossus was a bit painfull for me, but only a bit...
The worst in my point of view by far is Gouderix at Parc Asterix. It shakes like hell, and I ended up with a migrane. The friends laughed at me when I tied a jumper around my head. They regreted afterwards...
And the most painfull flat ride is Slammer at Thorpe Park. The ride itself was fine apart from the blood that was pushing my eyballs out of their sockets. But the seatbelts... *shudder*. My shoulders felt like they were broken, and I had bruises.
Second place for painfull flat rides is those spinning boats they have at Chessington. If you are on the edge and you are sitting next to someone big then you are going to get crushed...

the king

Mega Poster
Also surprises me as well, how people say saw is rough. I always sit on the far sides for more thrill, but I don't feel any roughness. Well, the only part is before the last brake run and that's it, but the whole ride is smooth. Anyway, the roughest ride for me was colossus at Terra Mitica. Its both painful to your backside and your ears. They should really grease up those wheels.

rob666

Hyper Poster
The only rollercoaster to break one of my teeth in many years of coastering was the Grand National at Blackpool...last Friday night.
But as it was a front seat, walk on ride, in the dark...I am happy to forgive.
"I GOT TO DRIVE!!!"

Ethan

Strata Poster
Rode Grand National for the first time last month. Honestly it was horrendous. After the first drop I wanted to get off and I've never felt that way on any roller coaster before.

Matt N

CF Legend
Ooh my, Grand National was my first ever night ride… and I’ll admit that that night ride was not one I was a fan of at all. I know this probably makes me sound like a bit of a wimp, but I’m very much someone with a low roughness tolerance, and the fact that it rode like a pneumatic drill did turn me off of it massively; it’s probably among my least favourite coasters (bottom 10 for sure). I’d certainly nominate it for this, although I’d say Infusion in the same park does pip it to the post for me. That one was really rather excruciating!

It’s a shame, as I actually like Nash’s layout a lot! Maybe I’m the problem, though, as my dad tells me that I’m too much of a wimp when it comes to roughness, and that I “need to accept that the bashing rides like Grand National give you is part of the fun”…

Last edited:

RcTmix

Mega Poster
Anyone else start reading this thread from the beginning, not realizing it was eleven years old, then get really confused when someone started talking about Son of Beast being SBNO? Just me? Cool...

Ironic that it was replaced with another coaster that runs much rougher than it should, albeit nowhere near as badly as some of the coasters mentioned in this thread.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ooh my, Grand National was my first ever night ride… and I’ll admit that that night ride was not one I was a fan of at all. I know this probably makes me sound like a bit of a wimp, but I’m very much someone with a low roughness tolerance, and the fact that it rode like a pneumatic drill did turn me off of it massively; it’s probably among my least favourite coasters (bottom 10 for sure). I’d certainly nominate it for this, although I’d say Infusion in the same park does pip it to the post for me. That one was really rather excruciating!
No don't worry - Nash is rough as all hell. I don't think anyone would disagree with that (even if they like it for some reason :D ).

JoshC.

Strata Poster
No don't worry - Nash is rough as all hell. I don't think anyone would disagree with that (even if they like it for some reason :D ).

*sheepishly raises hand*

I've had 2 rides on Nash and would not describe it as rough...

Admittedly both of those rides were back row, which I guess could have something to do with it what with wheel configurations and whatnot.
Were those rides which showcased its age? Yes.
Were those rides rough? No.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
There's always one. :rolleyes:

*waits for more "exceptions to the rule" now...*