What's new

Most Overrated Coasters You've Been On?

Steel vergence - too much wibbly for the sake of being wibbly and uncomfortable pogo stick hills towards the end.

FLY - spectacular to watch, but excessive positive g squashing your squishy bits in uncomfortable restraints make it a lot less fun to ride

Christian

Hyper Poster
How can anyone dislike Helix's queue? It's better than 90% of US queues. It is kinda themed and it has the best station soundtrack ever made.

And that's not all. It also has a pretty alright queue soundtrack.

That's not even all. There is also this absolute beauty of music and many more in the huge Helix soundtrack.

Liseberg pays so much attention to music that they don't just have one full length IMAScore album but two. There are beautiful songs for Helix, Valkyria, Aeropspin, Mechanica as well as their music that they play around the park. These albums are truly incredible. Can't wait for a Luna album!

Last edited:

Inverting_Thrills

Mega Poster
Velocicoaster didn't blow me away like I thought it would, don't get me wrong it's a good coaster but doesn't deserve the hype the coaster community has given it. The ride has a good sense of speed and some nice whip but the forces are rather weak throughout the ride.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Also nominating Helix was one of the most overrated coasters out there. The layout is second to none, but it just doesn't ride well. The subtle rattle gets in the way immediately.

When it comes to the queue, I appreciate the style they were going for, and the music is awesome, but there's nothing to look at. If I have to wait there for 45 min, give me a good view of the ride to keep me entertained.

I still think El Toro is the most overrated coaster though. Got a reride last summer and it was still in bad shape.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Yup El Toro has magic moments but, even more so than Voyage, it was brutal.

7Y6wLUw.png

El Toro gearing up to administer a bit of the old ultra-violence.

CoasterMOG

Roller Poster
I'll preface this list by saying these are great rides, but not the ultra elite that many tout them as.

Nemesis, feels slow, not really all that intense compared to many B&M inverts.

Helix, cool layout, doesn't run great. Suffers from Mack-itis

Untamed. I don't understand how this ranks so high every year. It's a mid tier RMC, and the weakest of the Europe RMC's. Has a great layout but needs to be going 6-10mph faster.

Smiler, we get it...you like to be inverted but throw some airtime in there please.

Millennium Force, probably wouldn't be overrated if it weren't for Ohio fanboys

Kondaa. This suffered so much from both overhyped and overrated for me. Having done great intamins within a year of riding Goliath such as Taiga, Velocicoaster, Pantheon, Millie, Goliath Holland, Piraten, Expedition GeForce, i305, and Hyperion, Kondaa seamed to have deviated pretty far from the Intamin playbook. I feel like they tried way to hard to be like RMC, and it just doesn't work. From the off axis airtime to the bunny hills at the end, it's nowhere close to RMC quality. Intamin should stick with being intamin...I have velocicoaster ranked above all other RMC's and VC does not feel like any of the RMC's, and that is perfectly fine by me.

Callum

Roller Poster
Blue Fire - I was expecting so much from this, but really weak launch and found the layout really forceless. The only thing I liked about it was the last inversion.

Olympia Looping - After wanting to get on this for years finally got on it in December, the restraints are dreadful and didn't think the layout was anything special.

The Swarm - I've always thought Swarm is forceless and the layout is too short, but over recent years I've appreciated it much more and it has become much more forceful over time. I also absolutely HATE the vest restraints and think these have been particularly tighter in recent years?

Montu - Last time I rode this was 2015, but I love an invert an was really disappointed with this.