What's new

Most Anticipated 2016 Rides

Hutch

Strata Poster
With the 2015 season winding down, many new coaster recently announced, it's almost time to lurk indoors during the offseason and stalk the construction of upcoming coasters.

What are coasters are you most excited for next year? Overall I think it'll be a pretty good year with plenty of new coasters at for a variety of park chains (and 4 RMCs!), but here is my Top 5:

1. Flying Aces - I wasn't too excited for this at first but as the construction started and I found that it'd be somewhat similar to my favorite coaster, this quickly became my most anticipated ride. I don't even know what the entire layout will be, but from what I've seen so far there are some pretty insane airtime hills and other transitions and that was enough to boost my excitement.

2. Lightning Rod - This and #3 are very close (honestly they could interchange), but I think the first drop looks more intense and the quadruple down helped give it the edge. The Maverick style lift hill should be pretty fun and there's a huge wave turn along with some other crazy RMCnes, so definitely something to look forward to.

3. Wildfire - Nice long layout with plenty of elements to keep things interesting. Could possibly be better than LR, maybe due to the inversions it'll offer. I found the inversions on Wicked Cyclone pretty fun, some I'm up for more inversions.

4. Taron - Gorgeous theming, tight layout, plenty of near misses, and airtime. Absolutely something to keep an eye on. My only concern is if it will have enough intensity.

5. Storm Chaser - I prefer this over Joker because it seems to have more and better airtime moments. Only minor complaint is the length.

Honorable mentions that I'll be keep an eye on:

Joker - Another RMC; no need for another explanation

Mako - Fun little B&M hyper with some cool over banked elements (also looks beautiful).

Valravn - Big ass dive machine trying out some new features.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Of the handful I'll get to ride.... I'd say Mako, it's kinda hard to complain about a B&M hyper coaster being built a few miles from your house. (and conveniently located half way from your house to your work)

Cobra's Curse I'm less excited about but it may end up being a sleeper hit and I'm sure it'll end up being fun 'for what it is'

GaleForce looks to be pretty fun...if its capacity isn't an issue. I haven't been to any of the NJ piers in 7-8 years... So next year there will actually be a half dozen new coasters in the area for me (plus Gadv's thing)

And lastly, Phobia at Compounce. Like, it's not that I'm not excited about it...but I also kind of don't care? (But I'll ride it... and hopefully like it)

And while it's not gonna happen for me next year, Joker looks pretty badass and SFDK is one of just two SF parks I haven't been to yet. Also. I'd love to go back to Adventureland and ride their new coaster.

BigBad

Mega Poster
Lightning Rod!

It looks like it should be one of the best in the world. When I heard the rumors about launching a wood coaster, I expected a gimmicky coaster. It's really just a fast lift hill. I will be in the other end of Tennessee next summer, so I have to figure out how to get over to Dollywood.

I'm not familiar with Flying Aces. Where is it?

peep

CF Legend
Taron by a long way, it just looks fun and crazy. Hopefully it has a decent speed to it and uses sensible restraints.

Mako should be fun, look forward to riding that, and it'll be a good addition to Seaworld.

Really looking forward to seeing what the hell the Mack Surprise is going to be at Walibi Holland. Its a decent size and hopefully we'll know more soon.

Plopsa's woodie should be a nice addition, can't wait to see it finished.

Tron coaster! I have been waiting since Tron Legacy for this, I'm really hoping Disney get it right.

I won't be riding these next year but I think they are going to be great coasters... Jurassic park flyer at Universal Japan is already dominating the parks skyline and I can't wait to see what they're fitting in to that space. Already ends with an inline which looks great.

Lightning rod looks great, no doubt that quadruple down is going to be ridiculous. Not a fan of RMCs but I can't deny it looks great.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

DelPiero

Strata Poster
1: Flying Aces - Looks flipping brilliant and we still haven't seen the full layout yet.

2: Wildfire - So glad this is back on track, first RMC in Europe is very exciting

3: Taron - It looks epic, still not sure about the layout and could well be a contender for a top 10 here or there

4: Intamin @ Nanchang - Simply because noone has a scooby about what it is, looks mental from the 2 pics i've seen

5: Lightning Rod - Have to put this on here due to the quad down and how the launch will be.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Sanchezmran said:
4. Taron - Gorgeous theming, tight layout, plenty of near misses, airtime, and inversions. Absolutely something to keep an eye on. My only concern is if it will have enough intensity.

Its currently unconfirmed whether or not Taron will have inversions but its looking more and more unlikely it will as construction goes on. It will still be a great intense ride if it has some airtime and the turns pull high Gs.

Edward M

Strata Poster
1. Lightning Rod - The main reason this is number one is because I am actually likely to ride it. Although 3 and 4 are probably going to be better, I'm more excited for an RMC I could ride next year. As for the ride itself, that launch and drop plus a quadruple down, it's gonna be fantastic. It looks amazing and really hope I can ride it in 2016.

2. Taron - Though there isn't much of a chance of me getting on it this year, I just can't wait to see how the final product will turn out. 3 and 4 look like better coasters, but this looks like the best theming on any coaster I've seen.

3. Wildfire - Another I won't ride but just can't wait to see how it rides. It's so long and looks like it is a combination of all the RMCs. Looks like just about a perfect coaster (for me at least).

4. Flying Aces - Although I know little about it, it looks crazy good. Hope to ride it some day and can't wait for more info on it.

5. Storm Chaser - Another not too far away that looks amazing. I think it will be one of the best coasters in the Midwest. It helps that I may to ride it next year.

Honorable Mentions:
Joker - looks great although I do think it looks to be the weakest of the RMCs opening next year.
Mako - a good looking B&M Hyper. It will be great, but I can't get that excited for it since it doesn't seem to offer much more than the usual B&M Hyper.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Storm Chaser- RMC right there in my backyard? Not gonna complain, even if it's a weaker one. ;)

Lightning Rod- I won't be able to just say " **** it, I'ma go ride it." On any given day like I will Storm Chaser, but it looks like a potential favorite wooden coaster of mine, and I'm dying to try out that topper track.

Flying Aces- It won't be on my radar for a long, long time, but it seems to be the same concept as my current number one so I'm really excited to see Intamin used what they learned from Skyrush on Aces.

Taron- Again, it won't be on my radar for a while but it looks amazing. Apparently breeding a cheetah with a maverick makes a dragon, and an awesome one at that. Really excited to see how Phantasialand themes it as well.

Hutch

Strata Poster
cjbrandy said:
Sanchezmran said:
4. Taron - Gorgeous theming, tight layout, plenty of near misses, airtime, and inversions. Absolutely something to keep an eye on. My only concern is if it will have enough intensity.

Its currently unconfirmed whether or not Taron will have inversions but its looking more and more unlikely it will as construction goes on. It will still be a great intense ride if it has some airtime and the turns pull high Gs.
That's a typo on my part. I know it's not supposed to have inversions, lemme fix that post.

steel

Mega Poster
1. Lightning Rod (quad down................................. please.........)
2. Wildfire (enormous, wow, omfg)
3. Valravn (great lookin ride for a great lookin park)
4. Monster (a decent coaster for a park that desperately needed it, also Adventureland was my home park for 7 years so vested interest)
5. Taron (theming...)

Storm Chaser & Joker look great, however neither stands out significantly to me from the rest of RMC's portfolio.
Flying Aces looks great, however it's very unlikely I'll ride it.
Mako looks fine, however I can't bring myself to care about or support SeaWorld these days, which I think is reasonable.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Easily Taron for me. It looks like a fab experience and I'm already itching for it to open so I can sort out the time to go.

Also really interested by the newest additions at Ferrari World. Flying Aces looks really good fun, and Mission Ferrari has peaked my interest in particular, even if there hasn't been any major updates on it (that I know of?). Not on my radar for a long time, but still something I'm liking the look of.

WC16 also gets a mention here. I guess I'm mostly intrigued by it, and knowing so little about it has been one of the major things that has kept my interest in it. It's not the same type of anticipation as with the other rides, but it's still something I'm looking forward to seeing.

af10

Roller Poster
My top three are pretty much interchangeable

1. Lightning Rod
2. Wildfire
3. Flying Aces
4. Taron
5. Storm Chaser
6. Joker
7. Switchback
8. Mako
9. Monster
10. Valravn

Overall i'd say its a pretty good year littered with my rides from my two manufacturers Intamin and RMC

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Three have really caught my eye.

1. Talon, it just looks so sexy.
2. Lightning Rod, again, have you seen this thing? It looks insane.
3. Plopsa's woodie, it's very similar to White Lightning, which is my favourite woodie.

BBH

Giga Poster
Reasonable for me within the next 5-8 years to nab:

1. Lightning Rod - Yes. Please. Another RMC within a day's drive.
2. Storm Chaser - Same reason as above but slightly less win.
3. Joker - More RMC goodness.

In the distant future:

1. Wildfire - <<<<<<333333333
2. Flying Aces - Looks absolutely mental.
3. Taron - How the **** are they fitting so much track into that space and theming it to Phantasia standards? Absolutely awesome.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
My list:

1: Lightning Rod, it looks absolutely insane, and the camelback hill/drop and the quad down is all that's needed to put it here. And it's at Dollywood.

2: Flying Aces, Skyrush with a non-inverting loop? Yes please! Yes, it's on the other side of the world, but that doesn't mean it won't put away future travels.

3: Mako, Finally, a B&M Hyper in Orlando! It looks to provide amazing airtime, great theming, and the colors are so fab. <3

4: Wildfire, It's a huge RMC in the woods with some great terrain it's complimenting. Sweden is now a must on my bucket list of countries I have to go to.

5: Valravn, I honestly don't really know what to say about this one. It's a B&M Dive coaster that's coming to Cedar Point.

6: Monster, An infinity that's less than 3 hours away. It looks amazing, and I might actually be able to do it in the near future.

7: Storm Chaser, A really cool looking RMC, with a beginning hill that looks absolutely bonkers. The only problem is that it's in Kentucky Kingdom.

8: Joker, Not a huge fan of the name, and I really wish they did this to Roar East instead of the West one. It looks really cool nonetheless.

9: Taron, The theming is phenomenal, the twisty spaghetti bowl goodness looks amazing, and it's going to one of my top bucket list parks.

10: Total Mayhem, It's another Six Flags clone. It's a good ride, but it seems quite repetitive. If it were the larger model(I know that wouldn't have happened, though), it might've been a bit higher up.

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
1) Taron- This Intamin Multi launch looks amazing. I'm most wowed by the theming, but this will be a top notch coaster. It'll be one of my personal top 15 if I had to guess
2) Flash- I love Mack rides, and that they're building bigger. This coaster is gonna have awesome airtime, hang time, and intensity
3) Lightning Rod- First launched wooden coaster. Enough said
4) Red Fire- Not sure if this already opened or not
5) Wildfire- This looks like one of the best RMCs
*I'm really excited for whatever Walibi Holland is getting. Hoping it's a custom launch coaster
*Valravn will be awesome, riding it next year
*Phobia, a clone, but it'll be my first time on a Skyrocket 2 next year so I'm excited

BigBad

Mega Poster
Where are you all finding info about Flying Aces? I can't find anything, and it sounds awesome!