What's new

Most Abundant Coaster Type or Model You've NEVER Been On?

Heth

Mega Poster
What the title says, what's the most abundant or common coaster make, model or manufacturer you've actually never ridden?

I've never been on a Vekoma Boomerang (or even a park with one in it), nor have I been on a Vekoma SLC (seen 2, chose not to ride).

I've also never ridden any Coaster by Zeier.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Technically anything made by any of the big Chinese companies as there's hardly any of their rides outside of China and some of the smaller Asian markets.

Heth

Mega Poster
Technically anything made by any of the big Chinese companies as there's hardly any of their rides outside of China and some of the smaller Asian markets.
Hmm, that's probably technically true for me as well, but for rides that are common in the region I live it's probably still the Boomerangs.

Changa

Mega Poster
Vekoma Boomerangs as well. The only park I've been to that had one was Hersheypark, but the queues meant we had choose between riding that or Stormrunner.

Matt N

CF Legend
Great thread question!

For me, it’s also the trusty Vekoma Boomerang. I’ve somehow never been to a park that has one!

If we’re counting kiddie coasters and such too, I’ve never done a Wacky Worm either… I have been to a park that has one, but I chose not to ride it.

emoo

Hyper Poster
Never been on those tiny self operated butterfly shuttles. Had no idea there was so many until now - twice the number of SLCS!

Not that I'm too proud, just haven't come across one yet. Handily avoids my internal debate of if it counts.

Projektion

Mega Poster
Off the top of my head, the main one I can think of is a B&M Wing coaster. I've had plans to get to parks that have one (Gardaland, Toverland, Heide), but each time things fall through and it never ends up happening.

If things work out, I should be getting on one next year at some point one way or another.

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
This was a surprisingly difficult question for me to answer. Despite my relatively low credit count, I’ve been on a pretty wide swath of rides. The biggest gap I’ve identified is those new Vekoma thrill sit downs. That mostly boils down to there not being any of those in the US, which will be remedied by that awesome looking Super Boomerang headed to Great Adventure!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Like @TilenB mentioned, there's a lot of Chinese manufacturing few of the western world has access to. For a more American perspective, Zierer is a pretty elusive manufacturer, having many European footprints but only marginal uptake by U.S. parks. Mack is another good example of a minimal U.S. footprint, whose greatest commercial success to date in the continent has been wild mouse and water coasters. Gratefully that has been reversing over the last few years, such as Copperhead Strike (Mack) and Verbolten (Zierer) giving great, recent footholds.

EmmaUK

Mega Poster
Apart from the Chinese ones, just checking down my list, I'm yet to do a Gravity Group. Although I might be getting 3 in over the next fortnight.

In terms of type of coaster, I've not done loads (221) but there are no obvious gaps. Maybe woodie with inversions? The pipe coasters?

I'm kind of interested how Heartline can answer this one!

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I think yeah, outside the Chinese manufacturers, it's probably a pipeline coaster, which isn't that abundant anyway.

So nothing major really.

Flash Shift

Mega Poster
Any hyper apart from the ****ing Big One, more like Big Piece of ****. Hopefully Thorpe's is better.

Also the standard Vekoma Boomerang - the only one here is really out the way and not exactly at a big park.

I've also never been on an RMC because there's none in England somehow. But yet I've done two family boomerangs, two dive machines, 2 B&M inverts, a stand up (for now), two brakeman operated coasters, a flyer, two Mack Launch coasters, and most surprisingly, three Intamin accelerators! I suppose I should be greatful we have a pretty decent variety of coasters in this country even though we're missing some that should be required at this point.

Boodangy

Mega Poster
I have never been on an SLC or a Cyklon/Zyklon clone (Pinfari or otherwise) of any sort. I've never happened to be in any fairground or park with a C/Zyklon (almost went to Nokkakivi Park once which has an interpark one but didn't) and I have been to parks with SLCs but all the enthusiast hate made me strangely steer clear of going on No Limit at Heide. Turns out there was a limit.

Intamin accelerator...I live 2 hours from knotts...not even going to explain that

Slc's...probably getting in Kong next june...pray for my ears/brain

Morgan hyper...next July at dorney

Maurer spinners...getting on two soon

Sky loops...kind of rare, but look right up my alley

Non'themed gerstluer eurofighters...mystery mines finale is great so them seem cool

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I think I've got most bases covered by now, but I was very late to the party on a couple of things. Despite being a child of the 80's, I never rode a Vekoma boomerang until 2009. I never rode an SLC until 2012 and I never rode a wacky worm until 2017 at the ripe old age of 43... and that's only cos @witchfinder made me do it. 😉
Still haven't ridden a Go-gator though.

witchfinder

Giga Poster
I think I've got most bases covered by now, but I was very late to the party on a couple of things. Despite being a child of the 80's, I never rode a Vekoma boomerang until 2009. I never rode an SLC until 2012 and I never rode a wacky worm until 2017 at the ripe old age of 43... and that's only cos @witchfinder made me do it. 😉
Still haven't ridden a Go-gator though.
Nobody made you do anything! 😆

I guess it would be a Butterfly for me as they're everywhere in Germany. I wouldn't even call that a cred though tbh.

cookie

Giga Poster
I’ve been on a grand total of two Arrow coasters — Diablo at PortAventura and Vampire at Chessington — and thus never been on their iconic looping model. I’ve seen Gold Coaster at Dreamworld Australia in person, but it was back in 2004 and I was afraid of inversions at the time, so I chose not to ride it.