Monolith-091022211302000.jpg

The first five inversions are done...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Kinda reminds me of Dragon Khan.

Looking quite nice actually. What sort of coaster is it?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^Yep, it's a floorless. To be honest, I'm only going with floorless for aesthetics. As for the layout, I want a lot of inversions, but I don't want too generic of a layout, like Led Zeppelin. So far, this is working. I just need to come up with a good second half.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Xpress said:
^Well, it's obviously a B&M. My guess is, floorless?
I'd figured as much. I meant style. Duh!

nemesisnutter

Roller Poster
It is looking good! :D

Perhaps an overbank could be inlcuded in the second half. I've always liked Saw's overbank and I think it would work well on a B&M floorless...

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I've been looking for ways to make the layout more flowing after the 0-g roll and I've finally found something that flows nicely. It even includes an overbanked turn in the second half.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
New screenshot, with color!

Monolith-091027191219000.jpg

The red is darker now and the train colors are a bit different. I also completed the layout. Time to support!

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
I'm not a big fan of the colours, I must say. I do like the layout from what I've seen so far though.

I do love a good B&M.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Colours = No.

Apart from that, it's looking quite nice I have to admit. I think the first drop looks a little drawn out, but the rest of the layout (that I can see) looks nice.

nemesisnutter

Roller Poster
I am liking that over-bank a lot! :D
The rest of the layout is looking very smooth as well!

Not so keen on the colours though, I like the sound of those alternative colors Xpress! Perhaps you could give them a try rollerdude... :)

jokerman

Giga Poster
I like the look of the layout. The interaction between different parts of the track looks fantastic. As long the the change of colours you mentioned looks good then it should be a pretty good ride.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I've had quite a busy week, but I finally found time to work on this a bit more. I changed the colors, and I really like the train colors. I'm not sure about the track though. Any suggestions?

Also, any tips for smoothing out a 0-g roll? I have a ton of nodes in it already and it's almost perfectly heartlined and has been ctrl+g'd a lot.

Monolith-091031131810000.jpg

Xpress

Strata Poster
^That zero-g-roll looks really wonky. Hit me up on MSN sometime and I can show you how to smooth those suckers out ;)

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^The 0-g roll looks strange because of the angle. It's just...pumpy...

I changed the colors again. I like this a lot better, but I'm still not sure...Any suggestions?

Monolith-091101134330000.jpg

Xpress

Strata Poster
^I like those colors actually. And I still think the zero-g-roll looks odd, even from that angle.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
No thanks. I don't like the colours at all.

I think it looks too... childish. It would work if it was all that sandy brown or all turquoise, but the way you got it now just makes it look tacky.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I found a good color combo, so colors are now final. I made the blue darker and the brown a more gold color, and it came out looking nicely:

Monolith-091102194935000.jpg

I only have a few more supports to draw, and then I can add more trees and some water. Hopefully it will be done tomorrow.