What's new

Mitch Hawker's Polls (Steel Results - Page 7!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ I ranked it quite far down on my list. I enjoyed it, but my clearest memory of it is somebody fainting in the station because of the heat. I thought the coaster was good, but nothing special.

Again, did enjoy it though.

Really? Someone fainted? That's especially surprising considering it's a) way up in Montreal, and b) on a LAKE. It must have been a heat wave or something. Anyway, the line's not usually too long if you go at the right time, and I have never seen anyone faint on it.

Apparently, the voter turnout has been a bit **** so far, with less than half the number of polls being entered from last year.

Yes, it was up and running late, which has probably got a lot to do with it, but it would be a real shame to see the results of this poll being less accurate due to fewer participants.

There's just over a week to go, so if you haven't voted yet, go and do it now! It really is the most accurate poll us coaster geeks have. Like any poll, don't come and bitch about the results if you couldn't be arsed to go and vote yourself...

For first time voters, while it may look difficult, there is plenty of "help" that will basically do all the work for you with a bit of basic information and some dragging and dropping. There's a good site here:

http://www.wardleystunnels.org/hawker/

No excuses, go and do it now. The weather's **** anyway, and if you're reading this it means you're likely stuck in the house, bored, so you might as well...

Results for the Wooden Coaster Poll are now up. The link's broken for me at the moment but here's the Top 25 I got from Theme Park Review.

1. El Toro - SFGAd (tie)
1. T Express - Everland (tie)
3. Boulder Dash - Lake Compounce
4. Phoenix - Knoebel's
5. Ravine Flyer II - Waldameer
6. The Voyage - Holiday World
7. Balder - Liseberg
8. Colossos - Heide Park
9. Aska (S) - Nara Dreamland
10. Fireball - Happy Valley Song
11. Troy - Toverland
12. Prowler - Worlds of Fun
13. El Toro - Freizeitpark Plohn
14. Thunderhead - Dollywood
15. Rampage - Alabama Adventure
16. Thunderbird - PowerPark
17. Tremors - Silverwood
18. Renegade - Valleyfair!
19. Hades - Mount Olympus
20. Ozark Wildcat(SBNO) - Celebration City
21. Raven - Holiday World
22. Shivering Timbers - Michigan's Adventure
23. Tonnerre de Zeus - Parc Asterix
24. Evel Knievel - Six Flags St Louis
25. Joris en de Draak W - de Efteling

Full results I presume here when the site gets back up:
http://www.ushsho.com/woodrollercoasterpollresults2010.htm

Pretty much spot on according to me.
But I can't understand why Aska is still on it, it have been closed för 5 years now...

Urgh, HOW does Toro keep winning these things? It's got three good hills and that. is. it. Boulder Dash is LOADS better, Phoenix is better, Ravine Flyer II is better, Colossos is better, Troy is better...

Boulder Dash <3

Also, **** OFF Zeus, you're dire. Although, I guess it's below Shivering Timbers which shows how good it is.

I've been on 7 of them, going on one this summer <3

El Toro is fabulous, absolutely blew me away.

It was nothing on Boulder Dash though. How has it possibly won again?!

Still, the rest seems pretty good to me.

I'm a little bit upset that Boulder Dash has come below El Toro, but otherwise I think the top 25 is a pretty good list. Evel Knievel seems a bit high too though.

If people haven't seen, the top UK woodie is Megafobia at number 30, followed by Grand National at something like 45. Gotta agree with this really!

Shivering Timbers and Raven GTFO.. you suck.

As for the rest.. about what I expected from the masses. More people need to get on Boulder Dash though.

I've done 4 of them. Whilst I don't agree with the ordering personally, I recon this is an accurate portrayal of the mass opinion.

Is the comparison thingy up yet? I want to know how Boulder Dash and Toro compared, how many who've ridden both preferred what... Wouldn't suprise me if more people who'd ridden both prefer BD, but that more people overall have ridden Toro so it's swaying it?

Personally, I doubt DB is better than Toro. Don't believe it's possible.

My top 7 said:
1. Boulder Dash
2. T Express
3. El Toro
4. The Voyage
5. Colossos
6. Phoenix
7. Ravine Flyer II

Result top 7 said:
1. El Toro - SFGAd (tie)
1. T Express - Everland (tie)
3. Boulder Dash - Lake Compounce
4. Phoenix - Knoebel's
5. Ravine Flyer II - Waldameer
6. The Voyage - Holiday World
7. Balder - Liseberg
8. Colossos - Heide Park

I'm awesome; though Balder can **** right off.

Joey said:
Is the comparison thingy up yet? I want to know how Boulder Dash and Toro compared, how many who've ridden both preferred what... Wouldn't suprise me if more people who'd ridden both prefer BD, but that more people overall have ridden Toro so it's swaying it?
Isn't Mitch Hawker is supposed to be resistant to that, though? If those who have ridden both are consistantly rating Boulder Dash higher, then Boulder Dash should rank higher. Rider numbers aren't supposed to matter. The results imply that people are putting El Toro ahead of Boulder Dash... and I'm a firm believer that it shouldn't be.

Joey said:
El Toro is amazing. It's firmly in my No. 2 spot, and is the ride that Superman: Ride of Steel wished it was. It did the whole "smooth hyper coaster" thing better than any steel coaster I've ever ridden.

Boulder Dash however was just in a completely different league. It's not a close run thing in my mind - for me, Boulder Dash is a long way out in front.

Joey said:
Maybe true. Boulder Dash should be top of the chart, but just not enough riders to counter El Toro's numbers.

Joey said:
Fail beyond fail Joey. You might not agree with some people's opinions, but just look at who all rates BD as their #1. It's that good & you have to get your ass up to Lake Compounce with Kyle one of these days to confirm it for yourself. You won't be disappointed, no matter how much we play it up.

Mike said:
Evel Knievel seems a bit high too though.
Fail! I thought it was ranked too low tbh. It's definitely better than Raven or Shivering Timbers.

Gavin's pretty much spot on with this list. When he rode El Toro last summer he told us that it ranked equal as #1 tied with T Express, of course that was before he rode Boulder Dash. The rest of his list matches up so well that from now on when I want to know how a coaster rates, I'm just going to ask him. :wink:

On a personal note, I'm glad to see El Toro at Freizeitpark Plohn way up there where it belongs just behind Prowler & just ahead of Thunderhead. Perfect placement!

If BD is amazing and everyone thinks it's better than Toro, why isn't it at #1?

The answer is because most people think Toro is better.

Not that this means anything, because I like/hate tonnes of rides which contradict the masses, (where the **** is Lightning Racer and Beast? Hmm? Hmm? Both of which are better than Phoenix...) but... You can't say you guys all love it thus it's amazing when the poll shows otherwise.

Is BD more like Phoenix than than Toro, voyage, ravine flyer or even beast? Because, if it is, I doubt it'll impress me.

It's actually more like like Phoenix, Toro, Ravine Flyer & Beast rolled into one & then some! :wink:

^I'd say BD is kind of more like what you'd get if you mixed Beast and Ravine Flyer II, though definitely a lot better than either one and with stronger airtime, than it's anything like Phoenix.

Edit. Jerry got there first.

Status
Not open for further replies.