What's new

Mirabilandia |"DiVertical"| Intamin Water Coaster

Ethan

Strata Poster
Re: Mirabilandia |"DiVertical"| Intamin (?) Water Coaster

^ No, it's still pointless. The public would much rather have a 'hydro-style' drop, because it feels... better! Like Mike said, it's a ramp. Hydro's drop is amazing, so they are completely different. The GP, most of the time, will see a steep drop as better than a straight, and quite shallow drop.

As for the rest of the layout. I think it's pointless, and I think some of the public will too. There are no drops or anything which stands out. There is nothing unique.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Ethan said:
^ No, it's still pointless. The public would much rather have a 'hydro-style' drop.

Can you please quote the study that shows this is the case? I suggest sending it to Marabiliandia then because their own study was clearly wrong :roll:

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

Ethan said:
^ No, it's still pointless. The public would much rather have a 'hydro-style' drop, because it feels... better! Like Mike said, it's a ramp. Hydro's drop is amazing, so they are completely different. The GP, most of the time, will see a steep drop as better than a straight, and quite shallow drop.

As for the rest of the layout. I think it's pointless, and I think some of the public will to. There are no drops or anything which stands out. There is nothing unique.

The enthusiast seems much smarter than the park itself... Yeah right.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Erm...most people would! I suppose it is a family park aimed at all the family, and a 'slope' could be better. But this thing is tall, so I don't see why all the family would want to ride it anyhow.

TheCoasterCruiser said:
Pointless? Maybe to an enthusiast, but to everyone else, no.

There's no point in trying to have a go at me when you did the same thing ^^ You don't any proof of that either. And you can't use the "English isn't my first language" excuse this time. Yeah I admit what I said wasn't that accurate, but don't go acting like you know it all. Some of the public could think the layout is awesome, even if we don't.

TheCoasterCruiser said:
The enthusiast seems much smarter than the park itself... Yeah right.

Didn't really help put your 'point' across, did it now?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

I know there's a bit of "history" between the two of you, but please, let it lie?

TCC is right (IMO). The park will have done a study to work out what kind of ride to put in. They won't just "guess", there will be feedback and reports produced that give them any idea of area to be looking at. What they've produced is a result of that. The parks do know why they have produced something 100% better than any enthusiast knows.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Yes, but saying only enthusiasts will hate the layout is wrong.

Lofty

CF Legend

^ HATE is such strong word. Yes, some general pubic may find it boring, but they won't hate it. :)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

You're [Not you Lofty] being too pedantic about his posts.

When you speak from an enthusiast point of view, you're talking about a tiny minority of people. Inversely, if you say "everyone" who isn't an enthusiast you don't actually mean 100%. You mean "pretty much all of them". Enthusiasts make up 0.2% or whatever of the parks attendance and it's probably a similar number who would think the ride sucks. It's such a tiny number it's not worth considering.

Now, you're right too in that out of the "everyone" who likes this, say 50% of them would prefer an Intamin chute like Drenched. However, they don't have that option and preferring one thing is different to disliking what they've been given.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

New photo from this page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Divertica ... Edge-Novità-2012-Mirabilandia-Foto-cantiere/251365284916071

575578_368708919848373_251365284916071_1188281_811337033_n.jpg

Martyn B

CF Legend

Whether the layout is boring or not, its got to be worth it for a 180ft drop on a boat ride!

Ethan

Strata Poster

The ride looks grim in that weather... should look more inviting when the sun is out.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster

I did not see that first drop before, and now the ride gets slightly more interesting for me.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

Testing.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v6Vegk8Ud8&feature=share[/youtube]

I know it's one of the first runs, but this just looks like **** in my opinion.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

What a massive waste of land.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Well, I'm sold on the speedboat front :lol:

To be fair, Shamblehala wasn't too speedy on the first test run either. So it may get a little better, but it's hardly anything setting the world alight is it?

vaugc002

Hyper Poster

Got to admit I thought it was going to stop before it even finished!
I do like the ridiculous size of the ruler straight first drop but the rest is way too slow at the moment.

I hope it picks up a bit of speed in later test runs

Lofty

CF Legend

Looks fun. BAHAHAHA. I joke. Yes, I agree with Hixee, what a HUGE waste of area.

Ethan

Strata Poster

I did say it was going to be utter ****, fast or slow... :)

Martyn B

CF Legend

So even without water on the first splash, it hardly makes it over the first hill.

Unless of course, its going to be a faux splash?