• Both Are Good

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Both Suck

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters

Pingu on drugs

Roller Poster
Intricks said:
It's voted best the same way Bizarro at SFNE is best via the mitch hawker. Lots of people vote for it cause they are idiots and blindly follow a crowd (never been on bizarro, but the mitch hawker is under TPRs sway, so same thing basically).

Millie has become a forceless ride (to me). Ive never experienced anything that everyone else seems to. I say it sucks cause it didn't live up to the expectations that were given to me. The drop is fab and you do feel like you are falling out (I hold on still, white knuckle), but after that, it just seems to hop along til you are back in the station. Ive been on better rides, plain and simple, before AND after Millie.

Plus, the ride is mainly about speed and height, but everyone talks about hreying out on it, so there is apparent forces on it as well. I just dont feel them, so it is a bad ride and the name is highly misleading.

Switching between the hideouts'...

fair enough then, but i suppose to know if it is good or not i will have to ride it myself...

Ashstrodamus

Mega Poster
unlimitedcoaster said:
i305 is much more intense. Harder turns and lots of them! The drop is probably the best sensation I have ever felt on a coaster, grey outs are pretty common with most people. I have never experienced any such of it yet..
People talk about the grey-outs, but after riding I305 seven times last Sunday, I did get a massive head-rush each time and came close to blacking out, but I never did. It was almost like hitting a really huge bong-hit each time. The ride was just great. I haven't ridden Appollo's Chariott in many years, but it's close between the two for me. Don't get me wrong though, I305 IS the most intense coaster I've ever ridden.

Brett7710

Mega Poster
Pingu on drugs said:
fair enough then, but i suppose to know if it is good or not i will have to ride it myself...

Exactly right, opinions can differ a huge amount from one person to the next. I hadn't been on that many coasters before MF so the best I had to compare it to were rides like Nemesis, Silver Star, Expedition GeForce and Goliath (Walabi World). I prefered MF to all of the above.

I haven't been on I305 so I wouldn't argue which is best, but i'm amazed to hear people call MF a 'bad' ride. I'm also not too sure how a coaster with a 300ft drop reaching speeds of over 90mph could ever be forceless? I can only assume that people who have been on more forcefull rides are getting numb to the sensation. If you just want force in a ride and MF isn't enough then just take the 2 minute walk over to TTD.

I loved Cedar Point, I spent 3 straight days there last year and could have happily stayed longer, there is definatly room for improvement, if I owned the place and I had the money i'd probably replace or alter more than half of the rides but I don't live in RCT.

coastertim98

Roller Poster
I have never been on I305, but I have been on Millenium. And i think its a fantastic ride, and one of my favorites. I was actually kind of blown away by it. The first drop is incredible, and so are the overbanks. And the speed it maintains throughout the ride is phenomenal. But if you go in thinking its going to be an airtime machine, and extremely forceful, then you might be dissapointed, like many have said. From what i've heard, they are two completely different ride experiences and i cant argue with that, from the look of I305. I really dont think they should be compared, because a coaster that may not be extremely forceful, can be just as good as a very forceful and thrilling one, just different. I believe thats the case with Millenium and I305. I really do think Millenium Force deserves its hype, and before I rode it I heard things about how it has no airtime, but when I rode it, i definitely felt alot more airtime than people have said. And, IMO, it was quite thrilling. And as the ride as a whole, I thought it was a spectacular coaster. When i ride I305, I wont think of how it is better than Millenium Force, I will think of how it differs, and they are two completely different experiences. But I do think it looks like an amazing coaster, and I cant wait to ride it. And I already know Millenium is fantastic, and will be fore many years to come, in my opinion.

Taxi

Mega Poster
Millennium Force
-Great first drop and a fantastic over-banked turn. Other than that the ride is 6.5/10 the rest of the ride. Long sections of ground hugging and not-so forceful over-banks. Although the second over-banked turn on the island is one of the best parts IMHO. This ride would be 10X better if the radius of everything (after the first over-banked to the 2nd hill over the lagoon) was shortened. Then we could get some good air and some very intense FORCES. The layout now just seems like it was built for 100mph speeds not 93.

shA fun ride, yes, but the best coaster in the world, no.

i305
-The first drop only provides the sensation of airtime, not much else as the drop is over instantly. The layout however, is FABULOUS. Truly taking it's inspiration from Maverick. Twist and turns, lots of positive G's, and that out-of-control feeling is top-notch. Has a decent amount of air, and really hugs the ground at a VERY fast pace. It simply doesn't let up for an instant until the ride is over.

I'll have to go with i305

Edward M

Strata Poster
Well, if you look below, you already know my vote. Millennium Force, for me, is more of an experience. It is similar to flying. So if a ride can provide an experience or something beyond my belief, I love it. Millennium Force provided a different ride from I305, Millennium Force just flew through that track not intensely, but swiftly. I think if a ride can be going so fast and be so relaxing yet exciting, it is doing something extraordinary. I think if a ride can do something like that, it is better than an intense ride with no special features. I305 does blasts through that track, but it didn't have that special feel of Millennium Force. It didn't feel like an experience just a typical ride. That doesn't make it worse, just not as good to me. So my vote goes to Millennium Force. Plus, that drop :--D