What's new

Milestones in Your Counts

Snoo

The Legend
Ahh lucky.. I wanted on Deja Vu.. but it wasn't open when I went.. on top of Termy not being finished.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Well, I hit number 150 whilst in Denmark. Falken, the S&S wooden coaster at Fårup Sommerland was my 150th coaster.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Tomatron said:
The US Military and every Japanese kiddie coaster. :lol:

:eek: Oh, my! Have we met?

:wink:

And, to be fair, I haven't been on ALL of the Japanese kiddie coasters.

:p
Besides, all coasters cannot be world-record-breaking.

On a side note:
My count has resumed it's climb. I've ridden enough 'standard' coasters that I've dropped the powered, water and alpine coasters from my total.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
I'm up to 93 at the moment and my 90th was Space Mountain: Mission 2. :)

Now I need to make it to 100 which I doubt I'll do by the end of this year. :lol:

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
I just thought of a funny idea:

I had decided that I want the Moebius at La Feria for my #1000, so I'd have to ride it twice to get the "full" credit.

How about this:
Ride one side of Montaña Rusa, then Montaña Infinitum and finally, the other side of Montaña Rusa.

My count would go 999.5, 1000.5 then 1001, meaning that I'd never actually hit #1000 dead on.

What do you guys think?

Funny, stupid or other?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^That's pretty funny, but I don't think you should do it. 1000 is a huge milestone and that would be a shame if you never actually had it. I did enjoy the park though. It was like a crappy larger version of Tibidabo.

My count would go 999.5, 1000.5 then 1001, meaning that I'd never actually hit #1000 dead on.

Aha, so technically my count is actually 124.5 because I only did one side of Racer at Kennywood.. Yay!

But it's a cool idea, go for it. Pretty unique way to get your "1000th"

Xpress

Strata Poster
1. Giant Dipper BelMont Park.

30. Terminator SFMM (i've yet to ride.. I WILL ON TUESDAY).

My 20th coaster was Xcelerator, lol..

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:

Aha, so technically my count is actually 124.5 because I only did one side of Racer at Kennywood.. Yay!

But it's a cool idea, go for it. Pretty unique way to get your "1000th"

Two things, dear:

1: Use your own counting rules. If you want to count Racer after riding it once, you don't need anyone's permission to do so. If you want to count it twice after riding both sides, that's fine, too. It blows my mind how bent out of shape people can get when discussing 'credits'.

2: In a sense, I could say that BOTH were my #1000, seeing as how I'd ridden a coaster in the middle of the 1000the one I'd ridden.

Or something like that, if you get my meaning...

^ Nah I get it..

And no, I have my count as 125, I don't care that I only rode one side. The other side probably sucked just as bad so, I don't care :p .

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
The 'best' part of it would be that I'd probably be the only person to have pulled off such an odd passage of a milestone in a coaster count.

Bragging right?

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Nope. I've made the decision that once I pass 1000, I'm going to stop counting coasters and only ride what I want to, ie: complete the set of N. American woodies, complete the set of B&M's worldwide.
(16 and 9 to go, respectively.)

DropZone99

Mega Poster
80: Cornball Express
75: Spacely's Sprocket Rockets

Those are the only milestone coaster I can really think of from the top of my head. I'm currently at 87 Coasters (3 are traveling coasters so not sure if you would count them, but I do.) I hope to reach 90 by the end of this season, and next season I'll for sure bypass 110+.